Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    See, I *knew* this would happpen! I started reading it, and I'm on chapter 3 now, and it's so dang good I can't STOP reading it, and now I'm gonna finish it, and then I'm gonna whine and whinge all week until you post the epilogue! But it's your own fault, isn't it? Posting such an awesome Sam-centric story and then making me read it. If only it was *bad* I could stop now and cut my losses; save myself four days of whining. But ohhh no, it had to be frickin' *fantastic*... d'oh.

Okay to help you take a break from a good fic, you can always go the blue jello corner and look up the bad fic that was posted. I'm sure it would make you appreciate the good fic more. ( But then again, isn't that the problem you were having in the first place ) Oh well nevermind
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      Exactly! Very well put Über.
      Heck Yeah, indeed.
      And thankyou for using Matter of Time as an example (my fave ep). Definitely a team ep, but it had brilliant Sam moments, and good interaction between the rest of the team.
      I thought I was the only one! A Matter of Time is my favorite episode too. Go us!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
        I thought I was the only one! A Matter of Time is my favorite episode too. Go us!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Season 9 was pretty much a wash for me too. I won't be buying the Season 9 DVDs. There's not enough good AT in it to waste the money. I think she's the only reason I keep watching too, but that could change by July.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

SAM: Okay Teal'c, You're up.
            TEAL'C: I do not believe I shall partake in this activity, ColonelCarter.
            SAM: Oh come on... It just for fun. (She looks at the open wormhole and the modified malp waiting at the base of the ramp).
            TEAL'C: I do not believe General Landry would agree to the modification you have made to the Malp.
            SAM: It goes 0 to 90 in 2.3 seconds... (SHe says with a big smile.)
            TEAL'c: Perhaps jet engines are better suited on other means of transportation.

Comment

Hi! Newbie here. Just wanted to say that I absolutely adore Sam Carter, and can't wait to see more of her in the upcoming season. I'm a stargate-late-bloomer, so I'm doing a lot of catching up. SG-1 is easier than SGA because Sci-fi repeats SG-1 like four times daily! Anyway, the more I watch of Sam, the more I like!
              Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
              You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
              Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Ooh welcome new person

Hey I just wanted to pop up and lay a little wager amongst friends here @ Samanda. I bet anyone who'll take the bet, that we'll see RDA in the 200th ep.

Not sure what to wager for exactly, but I'm open to suggestion... any takers?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  Great post spaz. Very well written points.

I suppose one of the things that the new team is lacking is Time. Time to grow, expand, and get to know each other and trust each other.
                  And yet, eight seasons aside, I feel like the original team kind of clicked right from the start, and by the season finale of season1 they were already beginning to feel like a family.

In some ways I suppose we almost have to think of season9 as a season1, the beginning of a new team.

It would still be nice to retain some of the history between characters that was developed over the past eight seasons though.
                  Back in season one, the storylines were also quite simple. SG1 goes to a planet, gets in trouble, fights, wins and comes back. They had time to explore the relationships between the main characters. Now that we're in season nine, they have to deal with a very big universe, one which has 8 years of history. One of their problems in regards to the team relationships is that the plot is taking advantage of the characters. They can only focus on one or barely two of the cast in the 42 minutes time of an episode. They can't go back to the way the episodes were written back in season one, not in SG1 universe. We can't expect characters with only a year of history in the show to be as complex and developped as those with nine years of history.
                  There's also how we perceive the new team, and I'm not talking about how the team has been written this year (very lacking in my opinion) but how we're talking about SG1. For some time, I've been reading posts with the "Big 3" and the other guy. How the heck do you expect Cam to fit in the team if you constantly put him apart ? I can only speak for myself but I really dislike the "Big 3" name. I think it reduces Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to a group of individuals only engrossed into their friendship and not very open minded. It's like they're building a big wall between their small group and any other person who'd dare to come too close to them. They're not like that. I really fear if it goes this way in the fans' minds that even with brilliant writing and awesome episodes, poor Cam will never fit into the team. There always be this huge wall between him and the others. Same goes for Vala.
                  When I said earlier that I wanted more team, it was more Sam, Cam, Daniel and Teal'c together, not more Sam, Daniel and Teal'c and never mind if the other guy is here or not. As far as I'm concerned, SG1 is a four persons team. I know this post won't please some of you but please, keep in mind that it isn't a rant in defense of Cam but in defense of the team.
                  Now, forgive me if my not so good mood of the moment shows between those lines.

Deepspace, nothing against your post. I agree season 9 is the beginning of a new team. I only quoted you as a reference for my rant.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Good Mornin' Campers!!!

I ran past these caps this morning and they gave me a chuckle so I thought I'd share them with the rest of you. Please be advised that these are photo spoilers for Crusade for those of you who have not seen it yet.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/camelot1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/camelot4.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/camelot2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/camelot3.jpg
                    great pics! it's so lovely to see sam... the best parts of 'camelot'.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Captionary capers. You guys are on a roll, so how about this one ...

Sam: So Mitchell has been fighting in the mud again?
                      Daniel: Yup - with Vala this time.
                      Sam: Huh
                      Daniel: Yup that's our new leader
                      Sam: (thinking) I left area 51 for this?!?!
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Captionary capers. You guys are on a roll, so how about this one ...

daniel - ''i know jack likes to make fun of baal, but why is he singing 'copacabana' and dancing with paper shredder pompoms?''

sam - ''... i don't know... but i think an entire bottle of tequila is the only thing that's going to erase this frightening image from my mind.''

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
                          Hi! Newbie here. Just wanted to say that I absolutely adore Sam Carter, and can't wait to see more of her in the upcoming season. I'm a stargate-late-bloomer, so I'm doing a lot of catching up. SG-1 is easier than SGA because Sci-fi repeats SG-1 like four times daily! Anyway, the more I watch of Sam, the more I like!
                          Hey, Terry (it is Terry, right?). Haven't seen you in these parts before. It's really lovely to see you. Welcome to Samanda
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            so....naff is like Pants?

as in the brit saying that 'season 9 is pants' with pants meaning 'eh' 'ick' 'blah' 'bad' or something along that line
                            Yes, it is, but pants is another word that hasn't really been uttered in five-ten years. My friends and I seem to have picked up this weird habit of using words like pants, naff, slack and all that British slang that everyone thought dead and buried.

Personally, I love the word naff, because it's not strong enough to be moderated, but the meaning behind it is still the same. You can tell someone to naff off, or they added naff all to the conversation. It was the precurser to the F word.

And, yes, it's a word used across the British Isles (before anyone says "and Ireland" please look up the differences between Great Britain, United Kingdom and British Isles... all COMPLETELY different)

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Ooh welcome new person

Hey I just wanted to pop up and lay a little wager amongst friends here @ Samanda. I bet anyone who'll take the bet, that we'll see RDA in the 200th ep.

Not sure what to wager for exactly, but I'm open to suggestion... any takers?

okay, i'll take that bet!

if rda's in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars. if he's not in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars.

i hope, HOPE, HOPE he is!! and sam and jack make out in the gateroom and make a video and sell it over the internet and jack can retire then and sam goes on oprah and ends up taking over for her and makes cazillions of dollars. or not.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                okay, i'll take that bet!

if rda's in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars. if he's not in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars.

i hope, HOPE, HOPE he is!! and sam and jack make out in the gateroom and make a video and sell it over the internet and jack can retire then and sam goes on oprah and ends up taking over for her and makes cazillions of dollars. or not.

sally
                                Aha! If this is the way it works, I'll join in on the bet and use Spazzy to pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X