This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    Okay, I just had to throw in my 2 cents. I didn't add anything new so much as I made a few changes.

If you don't like my suggestions... "tough"

------------------
    Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd
    love to have you!).

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change and we think that their relationship has added an extra depth and dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much. A breath of fresh air when most television love stories are so badly done.

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode.

While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that Pete, as we saw him on TV, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions.

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (some of us even think he is cute) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam has lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her.

We are sending you this gift of two CDs, which contain some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa. We hope you enjoy their labour of love as much as we have!We suggest the delight of watching " Remember when it rained" ,"My confession", "Miss Independant" " Breathless" from caty aka ShipDiva and ".......".,"...........", "..........","............." from Lisa aka Marimba.

I have changed "work" with "Labour of love" and added some suggestion ..May be Lisa can select her suggestions.....If you prefer for me to change my selections...I can

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Okay, I just had to throw in my 2 cents. I didn't add anything new so much as I made a few changes.

If you don't like my suggestions... "tough"

------------------
      Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd
      love to have you!).

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change and we think that their relationship has added an extra depth and dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much. A breath of fresh air when most television love stories are so badly done.

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode.

While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that Pete, as we saw him on TV, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions.

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (some of us even think he is cute) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam has lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her.

We are sending you this gift of two CDs, which contain some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa. We hope you enjoy their lavour of love as much as we have! we suggest the delight of watching "Remember when it rained" "My confession" "Frozen" "Breathless" " Miss Independant" from Caty aka ShipDiva and ".........""............""............""...........""............." from Lisa aka Marimba.

I have changed "Work" with "labour of love"and added some suggestions ....May be Lisa can select her suggestions

if you want me to change the suggestions , I can it's only an example ..and I think those videos represent well the Sam and Jack ship ....but I will change them if you think some of the others are better to suggest ..I will still put 17 videos on the CD anyway.....But to suggest , what do you think?..." may be "I surrender" from Celine Dion could be replaced by one of them.!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva
      Last edited by Catysg1; 30 June 2004, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong female character on tv. (umm…wording?)
        While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. (Please don’t stop reading here). While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that Pete, as we saw him on TV, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions.

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (he’s sounds like a great guy, and fun to work with too) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her intelligence, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam has lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her. We just have a hard time reconciling Sam’s reaction towards Pete walking out on her and interrupting the stakeout with what we how we have come to expect Sam to act.
        We are sending you this gift of two CDs, which contain some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa. We hope you enjoy their lavour of love as much as we have! we suggest the delight of watching "Remember when it rained" "My confession" "Frozen" "Breathless" " Miss Independant" from Caty aka ShipDiva and ".........""............""............""...........""............." from Lisa aka Marimba.

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family
        (put all our names here)

my additions are in blue.

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
        Last edited by LtLisa; 30 June 2004, 05:25 AM. Reason: where'd the color go?!?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
          Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong female character on tv. (umm…wording?)
          While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. (Please don’t stop reading here). While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that Pete, as we saw him on TV, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions.

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (he’s sounds like a great guy, and fun to work with too) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her intelligence, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam has lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her. We just have a hard time reconciling Sam’s reaction towards Pete walking out on her and interrupting the stakeout with what we how we have come to expect Sam to act.

(put all our names here)
          Okay, how do we put all our names there? Do we each just copy and paste and then add our name and send it on?
          I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

I am coming out of lurkdom to add a few bits, I hope no one objects.

Dear Amanda,

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong female character on tv.

While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. (Please don’t stop reading here). While it is great you are getting a chance to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, it seems that Pete, as he is written, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions. Also after the shows writers and producers have been teasing us for years about a relationship between you and Jack, we have set our hearts on that union

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (he’s sounds like a great guy, and fun to work with too) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her intelligence, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam seems to have lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her. We just have a hard time reconciling Sam’s reaction towards Pete walking out on her and interrupting the stakeout with what we how we have come to expect Sam to act.

(put all our names here)

Comments are in red

Comment

Gosh, this is so wonderful. What a great letter!!! Some new family members have even come out of lurkdom to be part of this "labor of love" for Amanda. I'm feeling the love!!!!

I thought we might add the countries where we are all from to show how large and global our family is. So with that in mind I make the following additions.

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe including The United States, (please add your country here) All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong female character on tv.

While reading various posts on this thread, one might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. (Please don’t stop reading here). While it is great you are getting a chance to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, it seems that Pete, as he is written, took away from and weakened the character of Sam with his actions. Also after the shows writers and producers have been teasing us for years about a relationship between you and Jack, we have set our hearts on that union

Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (he’s sounds like a great guy, and fun to work with too) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her intelligence, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam seems to have lost many of those qualities. In fact, we've spent many hours trying to rationalize behavior we find to be "out of character" --and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions-- but we enjoyed the character of Sam more when we felt we knew her. We just have a hard time reconciling Sam’s reaction towards Pete walking out on her and interrupting the stakeout with what we how we have come to expect Sam to act.

(put all our names here)
              Ship Nana

Comment

Ok Shipper Family, here is today's Official Ship Nana's Shipper Cookie Countdown until the start of Season 8

9 days; 13 hours; 52 minutes; 16 seconds
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  Gosh, this is so wonderful. What a great letter!!! Some new family members have even come out of lurkdom to be part of this "labor of love" for Amanda. I'm feeling the love!!!!

I thought we might add the countries where we are all from to show how large and global our family is. So with that in mind I make the following additions.

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe including The United States, (please add your country here) All of us post on Gateworld, and more specifically in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

(put all our names here)
                  Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I have nothing to add. Everything is beautiful and perfectly described.

Nice job everybody!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds wonderful!

It's all edited nicely. It's short enough that it's not babbling on and on, but long enough to get all of the point out. ANd those vids will be a great touch, just please put the ones you think are best in... AT is going to like those, I'm sure.

It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                        Dear Amanda,

(put all our names here)

my additions are in blue.

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                        If it hasn't been added already, you can add this little tidbit from me in the appropriate spot:

We think Jack is just a much better man for Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

(mutters): Jack also doesn't go poking his nose in where it don't belong, unlike a certain character. Don't add that muttering!!!! Don't think AT or TPTB would appreciate that! LOL!

Joseph

Comment

You can put me in the signatures, as I wouldn't know how to do it.

Question: Why put "slight" aversion to Pete? We are inviting her to come to this discussion. If she did, she'd see right away that the aversion isn't "slight". Otherwise, the letter and the suggestions for additions are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Question: Why put "slight" aversion to Pete? We are inviting her to come to this discussion. If she did, she'd see right away that the aversion isn't "slight". Otherwise, the letter and the suggestions for additions are great.
                            Because if we said, "We hate Pete's guts", she wouldn't want to come here ever, and she wouldn't want to finish reading the letter.

Oh yeah, Add me to the signatures... I don't know how to do it either.

Comment

Count me in on the signature too.

"Um, Colonel?"
                              "It's my sidearm, I swear."-- Solitudes
                              "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Hi
                                I have not been able to get onto the Gateworld Site for a couple of days and what do I find you have started another thread.

I think the letter is just right and it is respectful to Amanda. Can you add the UK to your list of countries?
                                Isis
                                Isis
                                Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Working...
                                X