X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Hey JSDT

PM me and if you give me your addy ..I can send you a really nice CD just with Sam and Jack videos( The best ones) to give AT....She'll get the message that way AND will see how devoted us shippers are to the Sam and Jack ship.

I actually sent 3 CD's to somebody who is going to the convention in July but they got lost in the post.

This time I can send a complete CD with 17 videos. Not the 2 last ones ..cuz I lost the mpeg files last night when I lost all my C drive.

Caty aka ShipDiva
    O Yeah, ShipDiva, THAT should do it!! It's not as if YOU MADE UP the clips you used so well, after all.... Maybe once TPTB see the ship from your(our) perspective, they'll see the light and provide us with some more dreamy moments!
    sigh..... clicking onto We Shall Dance again..... still my fav

Di

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      *suddenly singing 'I Will Survive', by Gloria Gaynor*

Yes, we WILL survive! 50 shipper cookies and four glasses of wine, and we won't even know 'what' we're surviving!

Sally
      Ummm, Sal?
      Hate to get all technical, but 50 Shipper cookies really requires 5 glasses of wine, for the appropriate 10 to 1 cookie to glass ratio.

Make a note of it..nevermind, I'll send a memo
      Di

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
        If everyone wants to contribute to one letter, that's fine, but if you do want to write individual ones, I was going to put together a notebook and decorate it with pictures of Sam and Jack. I'll probably write her a letter for the simple fact that when I actually meet her I will become totally incoherent and look like a complete idiot. Hopefully, the letter will redeem me.
        See, now THAT"S Shipper committment. Bravo on your plans, and I WILL email you a letter that's positive, respectful, yet desirous of total Sam and Jack SHIP.
        You might want to set a deadline for inclusion into the notebook, so you're not creating this work of art the night before

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
          See, now THAT"S Shipper committment. Bravo on your plans, and I WILL email you a letter that's positive, respectful, yet desirous of total Sam and Jack SHIP.
          You might want to set a deadline for inclusion into the notebook, so you're not creating this work of art the night before

Di
          Well, let's see...I leave on the morning of August 27th so maybe a week before that? The 20th? I guess I was thinking I would need the weekend of the 20th to put the notebook together since I start school that week also. I don't think it will take me too long though. I'm going to school to be a teacher so I'm getting really good at throwing projects together.
          Tasha
          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).
            While reading various posts on this thread, you might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that the exploration should take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack.

Next author up?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              we could just write it on this thread...nice positive stuff, how much we love the show, her acting and directing (I personally hope she gets another shot at it) and of course Sam and Jack! ie: we're not just shippers, we love stargate...but we love the S/J interaction too! Explain our dislike (to put it mildly) of ; you know, the whole he makes Sam look like a doormat and we like smart, tough Sam not the doormat. maybe be sure the fact that we fell this way about NOT DDL is clear.
              May I make a suggestion? How about, since Amanda's already gotten against-PS letters and sentiments, we just stick to how much we love S/J ship and how much we love Sam/Amanda? Just totally, completely positive stuff to erode the negative vibes she's been getting. It might be a very nice breath of fresh air for her. Just a suggestion my friends.

Sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 29 June 2004, 07:51 PM. Reason: i took / away and used - instead
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                Ummm, Sal?
                Hate to get all technical, but 50 Shipper cookies really requires 5 glasses of wine, for the appropriate 10 to 1 cookie to glass ratio.

Make a note of it..nevermind, I'll send a memo
                Di
                Oh, Di, thank you for clearing that up!

*note to self: make note to self to make note to self*

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  Thor is definitely one of us. That is to say that Thor is a SHIPPER!!!!

Ahhh.. so that's what the gleam in that great black eye was about.
                  I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
                    Teal'c is has definately shown some shipper support. It would be great to see him and Daniel speculating about their friends. Daniel's perceptive, I'm sure he has his own ideas.

I've always felt that Teal'c was a shipper. Afterall he's the only person who has seen it all: the "confession" from Divide and Conquer, Sam's distress in Paradise Lost and Jack's concern in Death Knell. Teal'c knows how it is.

should watch his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                      I have never had the pleasure of meeting AT or even seeing her in person but for the last 7 years, to my recollection, she has never treated her fans callously or without regard to their feelings.

Therefore, I propose that we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that the 'tough' remark was not meant by her to come off the way it does in the article for whatever reason.
                      I agree, I haven't meet her either, but if even half the things I've heard about her are true, then I just can't see her saying 'tough' in a way that was meant as anything but light-hearted. So I will be giving her the benefit of the doubt too.
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

we could just write it on this thread...nice positive stuff, how much we love the show, her acting and directing (I personally hope she gets another shot at it) and of course Sam and Jack! ie: we're not just shippers, we love stargate...but we love the S/J interaction too! Explain our dislike (to put it mildly) of ; you know, the whole he makes Sam look like a doormat and we like smart, tough Sam not the doormat. maybe be sure the fact that we fell this way about NOT DDL is clear. Sign it "The Gateworld S/J shipper 'family' and put all of our names on it. Include the video cd mentioned earlier...and there we go! So, would someone who's done this before give us a start cause I've never written mail like this before; this is the first show I've been this involved in.

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

I'm in!! Where do I write? What should I say? I'm not very savvy on this forum so I need a little help.

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                          Well, let's see...I leave on the morning of August 27th so maybe a week before that? The 20th? I guess I was thinking I would need the weekend of the 20th to put the notebook together since I start school that week also. I don't think it will take me too long though. I'm going to school to be a teacher so I'm getting really good at throwing projects together.

I'm so jealous! I would so love to go and meet her. I would be a babbling idiot myself though. Give her a big virtual hug from all of us shippers!

Comment

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld in the Sam/Jack shipper discussion thread (come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

While reading various posts on this thread, you might notice a slight aversion to the idea of your character's involvement with Pete Shanahan. While we understand and even accept your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development in other areas, we simply feel (rather strongly) that the exploration should take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack.

As we're sure you've heard, there is some concern about Sam's relationship with Pete. Please understand, we do not dislike David DeLuise (he is cute) but we don't like what the relationship is doing to the character of Sam. What we've always admired about Sam is her independence, her strength, her commitment to the program and her teammates, and the fact that she is still manages to keep a softer side and can express her feelings when she sees fit. In the relationship with Pete, Sam has lost much of those qualities. Now, we've spent hours trying to figure out why that might be--and we've come up with what we think are some pretty logical conclusions--but we want our Sam back and our Sam has history with Jack that has not been finished.

Okay--how's that?

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                              I'm in!! Where do I write? What should I say? I'm not very savvy on this forum so I need a little help.
                              There is a letter started on post #997 -- just reply with quote to the entire message and keep writing!!

This could be a very interesting letter with input from all shipmates, but I still will email Tasha an individual letter for the notebook project.

Di

Comment

Dear Amanda,

ummm...next person? cause I'm not so good at this...
                                Ok, I'll try it.....

....One common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam that just pulls at your heart.

Yes, I know it's corny but hey, it's after midnight and I'm really tired now....

Comment

Working...
                                X