This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I totally agree! Why waste time interviewing a desperate spud when they could be interviewing someone cool!
    Like Colin Cunningham, or one of the cute Tok'ra! Or Agent Barrett..

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
      Maybe he could play a figment of our imagination over there too. Hee Hee!
      I like the way you think!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Dare I ask---who is Ben Browder??? Jack and Sam Ship for ever!
        Oh Potato Maven,

Ben Browder is the male lead in Farscape. He's the other guy on the cover of that SciFi Magazine cover I put up a few posts back. I know you were focusing on Jack...... (wanna see the BIG scrubbed version of Jack on that cover?)

http://www.freewebs.com/sg1jack/SG1JackSciFi.htm
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          Oh Potato Maven,

Ben Browder is the male lead in Farscape. He's the other guy on the cover of that SciFi Magazine cover I put up a few posts back. I know you were focusing on Jack...... (wanna see the BIG scrubbed version of Jack on that cover?)

That cover is way, way cool...

D@mn! Why did Ben turn the job down?

Comment

Oh Potato Maven,

What a silly question---THUNK! And here I thought I was going to see Ben Browder and I get thunked on the wrong thread....that was kinda mean Mala, but I liked it!
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Hey.... those glowy things....
              Spoiler:
              in LOST CITY Part 2! Those things that shot up into the sky weren't Ancient jellyfish! Those were PENGUIN GHOSTS!!
              Mala

I sometimes worry about you

Now's one of those times.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by eye of botox
                Pete to Atlantis? Hmmm. double hmmmm. I kinda like it. McKay and Pete. That actually sounds good.

It's not that I don't like Pete. Well, yeah, a little bit. Still, there have been worse characters written (say it with me- ANISE!!) Pete receiving a McKay set down. I could get behind that.
                Well Anise I could forgive--she was the catalyst that caused Jack to admit his feelings for Sam! If not for her meddling, we never would have had D & C! So you see why I can take Anise a LOT quicker than Pete!

This of course would have nothing to do with the fact that he would be a galaxy away from Sam. [insert broad wink]

And as for Moebius- well that would only make sense if what's being said about it is true...He would be a potential AU choice. Not one I'd like, but still one of them.
                YIKES!! Don't even suggest such things!!! Wouldn't want to give TPTB any more bad ideas now would we?
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

hello

I'm sitting in school (last period halelujah!)

I go away and I come back to find the ship thread overun by penguins?

Ah well...At least Jack's their leader!

Anyways

General's Hell - final chapter tonight...

...but it's not THE END!!!

Sam and Jack forever!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    Agreed... although someone would have had to mend his broken heart...
                    yeah..taken care of already, thanks, chick <michelle grabs agent barrett and disappears with him>.

but see! see how much we prefer him! this proves we're not just crazy anti-anyone people, who would dislike anyone who took sam away. we just have very finicky tastes over who should be allowed to touch our sam!
                    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                      because of the denigration of the sam character, or the time wasted on pete, or for another reason?
                      Hehe, see, now you'll see why I'm scary in the serious threads...

My dislike of Pete and the Pete arc is on many levels.

A) The stalking behavior, and the way it has been handled in Affinity. All cops do not do that. That is not just 'being a cop' as AT put it in the Lowdown. The rates of domestic violence among police officers are much higher than in the regular population, and police departments take that kind of behavior very seriously. It's an abuse of power, an abuse of public trust. The people of Denver did not give Detective Shanahan the tools that he used in Chimera so that he could check up on his girlfriend.

It became worse (and criminal IMO) when he was told that she was most likely involved in something highly classified and he kept looking. Does Detective Shanahan believe that he has a right to know all of his country's secrets? Does he believe that he is special? Apparently.

Now let's just accept for the moment, that Sam hadn't fully grasped what had happened by the end of Chimera. The issue of his behavior was not resolved in a throw away, and unnatural I might add, line in Affinity. So now it's a joke? So a national television show is telling thousands of stalking victims out there that this is a joke. That all those wives of police officers who are terrified because their husbands have a gun and intimate knowledge of the legal system should just accept it because this is normal behavior?

B) I miss Samantha Carter. Whoever this woman is wearing her uniform isn't her. The Samantha Carter that I know and love would not discuss simply continue a discussion of the program even after she told Pete that she can't talk about it. I know that a similarly horrible operational security conversation happened in Secrets, but that does not change a fundamental fact. I can not accept that a covert operator, lieutenant colonel in the United States air force, supposedly one of the most brilliant minds on the planet, would have the discussion she did in the middle of a park with a hundred people around.

I believe that Sam would have snapped down on Pete's discussion of the program fast, and that they would have had a conversation about what the ramifications of violating the NDA Pete had to sign were. And how beautiful maximum security at Atlanta Federal for him and the USDB would be for her. I bet Sam would be the most popular officer at Leavenworth...

Moreover, I have a number of close female friends who are in the military. In another dimension I would have gone to West Point, but that was a road not taken, every female officer I know is always keenly aware of what image she's presenting to her troops. I find it hard to believe that Samantha Carter, lieutenant colonel, trying to prove that she can be more than just a technocrat, would remotely pull off the scene at the end of Affinity.

One of my dearest friends is an army captain, she's corrently in Iraq in command of a transportation company. She is very limited on how much affection she will show to her husband onbase, or in front ofher troops. She needs these people to take her seriously. To see her as the captain, who through RPGs and IEDs and all the other horrible things they have to drive though, is going to do her best to get them home. She will not kiss her husband in front of her troops. Her husband. Now she's the closest of my friends that I can equate to Sam, but I still have a hard time buying it. The level of unprofessionalism knows no bounds.

C) The poor writing. They just haven't thought this out very well. They've placed scenes in inappropiate settings, the dialogue (particularly in the park in Affinity) seems stilted and forced. Amanda's doing her best with the chemistry she's got, but to me it seems less like a romance, and more like a friend who amuses her. Childlike. Pete seems childlike.

oh. oh oh oh oh... by the way, where is that big round thing with the spinning thing and the... you know, the thing they go to other planets with?

Comment

Originally posted by eye of botox
                        I dunno, I liked that Pete was totally outside the show. I mean, it was bound to happen that someone would stumble across information pertaining to the Stargate. I actually liked that part of it. Stalker Pete is another subject entirely. Anise, on the other hand was a blatant attempt to bring a '7 of 9' to the show. PdL said as much during the audio commentary for Divide and Conquer. Anise failed and I'm so not crying about that.

I still like the possibility of Pete and McKay, they could be the next Laurell and Hardy.
                        I don't know...they're not really Laurel and Hardy... Don't you think that PS and McKay seem more like this?! :

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          B*gger, I've just started watching West Wing!!!! I didn't know this!!!!
                          ummm...ignore everything i just said. it's all fine, really, honestly...everything's ok. ship survives. (doesn't it always. after the nuclear holocaust, the cockroaches will start shipping)
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I am not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not so I am using the old fashioned spoiler space just in case. This is my feeling on Pete, keeping in mind of course that I want Jack and Sam together:

Just a few words on what I think of potato head. I am sure he is a really nice spud but I am not very happy with the way TPTB mashed him in our faces. I mean really, we don't even know who this shoestring is and already we are supposed to believe that he is the one for Sam. It really fries me when I think of all the time invested in Sam and Jack and then to have Sam grilled by that stuffed shirt. He certainly isn't a chip off the old block that's for sure! I really think that Jack should just cream the guy. Or at the very least roast him. Come on now! Don't tell me you don't feel hashed by the way we have to accept this up-start scalloped potato! TPTB must think we're half-baked to believe that or better yet, maybe they think we're twice-baked. Sometimes I just feel raw with all the emotion!

edited to add "chip"
                            he he he!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              ummm...ignore everything i just said. it's all fine, really, honestly...everything's ok. ship survives. (doesn't it always. after the nuclear holocaust, the cockroaches will start shipping)
                              It's okay... really... I've only seen 8 episodes, on DVD. I need to get movin'...

Hey I made 200!!! I'm a super solider now...

Oh but I have to work

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                Hehe, see, now you'll see why I'm scary in the serious threads...

My dislike of Pete and the Pete arc is on many levels.

A) The stalking behavior, and the way it has been handled in Affinity. All cops do not do that. That is not just 'being a cop' as AT put it in the Lowdown. The rates of domestic violence among police officers are much higher than in the regular population, and police departments take that kind of behavior very seriously. It's an abuse of power, an abuse of public trust. The people of Denver did not give Detective Shanahan the tools that he used in Chimera so that he could check up on his girlfriend.

It became worse (and criminal IMO) when he was told that she was most likely involved in something highly classified and he kept looking. Does Detective Shanahan believe that he has a right to know all of his country's secrets? Does he believe that he is special? Apparently.

Now let's just accept for the moment, that Sam hadn't fully grasped what had happened by the end of Chimera. The issue of his behavior was not resolved in a throw away, and unnatural I might add, line in Affinity. So now it's a joke? So a national television show is telling thousands of stalking victims out there that this is a joke. That all those wives of police officers who are terrified because their husbands have a gun and intimate knowledge of the legal system should just accept it because this is normal behavior?

B) I miss Samantha Carter. Whoever this woman is wearing her uniform isn't her. The Samantha Carter that I know and love would not discuss simply continue a discussion of the program even after she told Pete that she can't talk about it. I know that a similarly horrible operational security conversation happened in Secrets, but that does not change a fundamental fact. I can not accept that a covert operator, lieutenant colonel in the United States air force, supposedly one of the most brilliant minds on the planet, would have the discussion she did in the middle of a park with a hundred people around.

I believe that Sam would have snapped down on Pete's discussion of the program fast, and that they would have had a conversation about what the ramifications of violating the NDA Pete had to sign were. And how beautiful maximum security at Atlanta Federal for him and the USDB would be for her. I bet Sam would be the most popular officer at Leavenworth...

Moreover, I have a number of close female friends who are in the military. In another dimension I would have gone to West Point, but that was a road not taken, every female officer I know is always keenly aware of what image she's presenting to her troops. I find it hard to believe that Samantha Carter, lieutenant colonel, trying to prove that she can be more than just a technocrat, would remotely pull off the scene at the end of Affinity.

One of my dearest friends is an army captain, she's corrently in Iraq in command of a transportation company. She is very limited on how much affection she will show to her husband onbase, or in front ofher troops. She needs these people to take her seriously. To see her as the captain, who through RPGs and IEDs and all the other horrible things they have to drive though, is going to do her best to get them home. She will not kiss her husband in front of her troops. Her husband. Now she's the closest of my friends that I can equate to Sam, but I still have a hard time buying it. The level of unprofessionalism knows no bounds.

C) The poor writing. They just haven't thought this out very well. They've placed scenes in inappropiate settings, the dialogue (particularly in the park in Affinity) seems stilted and forced. Amanda's doing her best with the chemistry she's got, but to me it seems less like a romance, and more like a friend who amuses her. Childlike. Pete seems childlike.

oh. oh oh oh oh... by the way, where is that big round thing with the spinning thing and the... you know, the thing they go to other planets with?
                                Oh, that wasn't scary at all. I'm glad you've come to visit. Almost all of the points that you've made are excellent. Many have been said here before because when you have so many people in one thread who can't stand the character of PS and how poorly written he's been, everything's been bound to be said once!

Thanks for sharing the story about your friend. It's interesting to hear firsthand stories from real life. As regards to Sam - many of us have been bemoaning the loss of our strong, assured, kick-a$$ heroine.

What ring-thing?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X