This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    I'm not entirely sure they intended Pete to stick around. IMO, it seems that they've kept him and enlarged his role as a direct reaction to the fan outrage. Both ship and non-ship.

Which is what I don't understand. Why would annoying the fanbase be a good thing?
    Chimera Spoilers

You know, I thought so too, until I saw the commentary... It seems like they could have had this story arc planned all along. I got suspicious when DK said that PS can't die because he "got a 3 episode deal"... (well it could be just a joke, but I'm not sure) But then lo and behold it turns out that many fans hated the character and TPTB had to come to his defense - and the whole the S/P story was promoted even more.

DK: I had a can of tomato soup in my jacket. I got a three episode deal. How could this happen to me.

"I promise, if you make it through this, that I will explain everything"

DK: See, that's all she had to say to the other guys who bit it.So they didn't have anything to live for.

<....snip....>

Sam goes to the infirmary to see Pete.
    PW: Pretty special room he's got there.
    DK: He knows someone. He's connected.So yes, you'll see Pete again in season eight, and I think the episode is tentatively titled 'Pete comes back and he's still a really nice guy.'
    WW: And he no longer stalks.
    DK: Yeah, Pete the stalker, part two.

"What I'm about to tell you is classified under section 11C9 of the National Security code"

DK: 11C9 does not exist. We made that up.
    PW: Of course he comes back. Otherwise she'd have to kill him, right after this.
    DK: That's a good idea. She hunts him down. She kills him like the dog he is. That's a great scene. 'But what about dinner? I took you out' I like that. We're pulling out, like he's gonna buy it, and then he doesn't.

"Other planets. Wormholes. Continue"

DK: He's buying it. She's liking that. She see's the future, he's the one.
    PW: Nice.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      I don't know. I'm not a shipper (but I'm an Anti-Pete person, so I feel like I can hang out and toss spuds with y'all), but I know I was insulted by Affinity.

because of the denigration of the sam character, or the time wasted on pete, or for another reason? it's interesting to see that non-shippers also dislike pete, shows it's not just our fervent bias against a man who stole sam. (actually, i wouldn't have minded this storyline half so much if it had been agent barrett. i liked agent barrett. agent barrett was a cutie. i could have put up with him, as long as sam had dumped him like a sack of particularly cute and sexy potatoes and got together with jack in the end)
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
        Chimera Spoilers

PW: Of course he comes back. Otherwise she'd have to kill him, right after this.
        [color=blue]DK: That's a good idea. She hunts him down. She kills him like the dog he is. eek:
        i like this idea...see, that's what should happen, right there.
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Oh, penguins got involved the other day when Tame mentioned something about penguins by way of Shadow.....

So I added this:
          aha, I thought Shadow was involved somehow...

Back on topic, anyone see a penguin in Stargate? Not even Solitudes? Sure there must have been penguins around... they're....

EVERYWHERE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
            because of the denigration of the sam character, or the time wasted on pete, or for another reason? it's interesting to see that non-shippers also dislike pete, shows it's not just our fervent bias against a man who stole sam. (actually, i wouldn't have minded this storyline half so much if it had been agent barrett. i liked agent barrett. agent barrett was a cutie. i could have put up with him, as long as sam had dumped him like a sack of particularly cute and sexy potatoes and got together with jack in the end)
            Agreed... although someone would have had to mend his broken heart...

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
              Pete in Atlantis? Why, that is the best plot line in a [Fifth]Very. Long. Time.[/Fifth]. The Pegasus galaxy is how far away?
              True but if they're gonna send him to the Pegasus galaxy, I want him to get stuck on a desert planet (wraith fodder would be good too). I'm not real picky what they do with him as long as I don't have to watch him muck up Atlantis as well!!

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the interview. All he said is that he is in the last couple of episodes. Duh. Of course he is. How is Sam supposed to dump him if he's not in the scene? *evil grin* As for being in Season 9 and Atlantis... yeah. And I want to be AT's personal assistant. Ain't gonna happen either.
              LOL yep!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

oh my, that is so funny..and so satisfactory imagining all that..only one question though..how do you shoestring potatoes? never heard of it here in dear old blighty (shippers should have a special shipper potato masher...i've ahd baked potato every night for the past four days so I can stab the potato..i am not a very nice person, am i?)
                Shoesting potatoes are very, very thin...like a SHOE lace. Sometimes they are served hot, like french fries but they get cold really fast because they are so thin. They are also sold like a potato chip (hey! there's one I didn't use...it wasn't in the cookbook ) really, really greasy and salty. I personally don't like them...
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

yeah, apparently they offered the role to ben browder, but he turned it down..which makes me think pete will go dark side cos ben browder plays dark side so well
                  Now, he would have been HOT!

Comment

BRAVA!

I'm hungry. (I hope you're not doing that at work! )
                    Nope, not at work...can't you tell?
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

ah yes, Josh/Donna ship..there was a ship that was going nicely until the dreaded somone else turned up. i hated her so much. glad to see she hasn't popped up in season five yet..and from the spoilers i read, the endings shippy. why do TPTB do this to us? there we are, happily ensconsed in our shippy, turnng on every week to see another sweet little shippy moment ('if you were hurt, i wouldn't stop for beer', 'if you were hurt, i wouldn't stop for red lights'..<sigh>), and then they go and royall piss us off by introducing some annoying little significant other. why do they do this? we never like it! it drives shipper away! why won't they learn?

i feel it's time for more penguins to be hurled. and a pig.
                      B*gger, I've just started watching West Wing!!!! I didn't know this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        aha, I thought Shadow was involved somehow...

Back on topic, anyone see a penguin in Stargate? Not even Solitudes? Sure there must have been penguins around... they're....

EVERYWHERE!!!!
                        Hey.... those glowy things....
                        Spoiler:
                        in LOST CITY Part 2! Those things that shot up into the sky weren't Ancient jellyfish! Those were PENGUIN GHOSTS!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Chimera Spoilers

DK: That's a good idea. She hunts him down. She kills him like the dog he is. That's a great scene. 'But what about dinner? I took you out' I like that. We're pulling out, like he's gonna buy it, and then he doesn't.
                          :
                          See I like this bit but then..

"Other planets. Wormholes. Continue"

DK: He's buying it. She's liking that. She see's the future, he's the one.
                          PW: Nice.
                          they go and have to say this...
                          quite.

Comment

yeah, apparently they offered the role to ben browder, but he turned it down..which makes me think pete will go dark side cos ben browder plays dark side so well
                            Dare I ask---who is Ben Browder??? Jack and Sam Ship for ever!
                            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              What I got out of DDL's interview is that he's begging for work. That may not have been what he intended, but I've gotten that impression out of every interview with him that I've read. Does it irritate me? Heck yes. I can't believe sites are wasting time with interviews with him when they could be interviewing Tony Amendola, Carmen Argenziano, Don S. Davis — I'd take a totally non-SG related interview with Teryl Rothery at this point, over more of DDL.

His "character" is a plot device. One that's going to be retired and sent to the Old Plot Device Retirement Home very, very soon.

Mel
                              I totally agree! Why waste time interviewing a desperate spud when they could be interviewing someone cool! As for DDL needing work, well there's a such thing as a *real* job (who knew? ). You know that thing that the rest of us have to get to make ends meet? Why can't he get one of those?

Yes, he is a plot device. An extremely weak and badly written one. One that I think should have been retired after he had served his purpose in Chernobyl (though it beats me what purpose that was other than to waste precious episode time).
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Hey.... those glowy things....
                                Spoiler:
                                in LOST CITY Part 2! Those things that shot up into the sky weren't Ancient jellyfish! Those were PENGUIN GHOSTS!!
                                Hey, so they were! I knew they were scary... .sheeshhh! Who would've thought the little critters could take
                                Spoiler:
                                out Anubis and his drones

Does that make
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack
                                the penguin god?

Comment

Working...
                                X