No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really looking forward to the interaction between Sam and Vala too. I just don't want to expect much though because I don't know if there will be any meaningful interaction between them. The writers seem to have Vala mainly interact with Daniel (although there was a little interaction between Mitchell and Vala that I really liked in the last episode.)

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, and there is some really good interaction between them. Maybe Sam will be the protective sister for Daniel and worry about how Daniel deals with Vala leaving. Vala changed somewhat in the last episode in that she is a more sympathetic character, so I can't tell how she will interact with Sam. I hope Vala retains some of her sassiness (?), though, when she meets Sam. I'd like her to try to get a rise out of Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
      I was at the Seacaucus convention last week, and when someone asked if Sam and Vala ever meet, Michael Shanks gave a funny look and said "Wait for episode 6." Looks like there will be some interaction, too bad Jack never got to meet her.
      what do you mean by a 'funny look'? was he smiling, glaring, frowning, vomiting?... but seriously, i'm curious.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        LoL!

I think the best place to get a good view on a tv shows is from the fans themselves in places like this where the opinion isn't always biased towards the way one wants it.
        LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 sure, yeah

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          You mean fans that have watched more than just the last 5 episodes. Fans that have like seen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or maybe 8 years worth of episodes. Wow I thought a reviewer, who has admited that they started watching in season 9, would be a better source.

Okay I'll work on controling my sarcasm now.
          HEY!!! I saw all 8 seasons!
          Last edited by valaCB; 16 August 2005, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            You mean fans that have watched more than just the last 5 episodes. Fans that have like seen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or maybe 8 years worth of episodes. Wow I thought a reviewer, who has admited that they started watching in season 9, would be a better source.

Okay I'll work on controling my sarcasm now.
            whoops, yeah, that's what I meant - you gotta go from way back. Still, new fan opinions are good too ... some...most...ok, I'm going stop putting feet in my mouth, feet taste bad. Bleeeh..

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              whoops, yeah, that's what I meant - you gotta go from way back. Still, new fan opinions are good too ... some...most...ok, I'm going stop putting feet in my mouth, feet taste bad. Bleeeh..

Yes, you do. (hands Osiris-Ra a zipper and crazy glue). Maybe that will help.

And I've watched Stargate, since the 1994 movie and COTG, debuting on Showtime, in 1996. Have seen EVERY episode, at least three times, most, many times more, and I still value EVERYONE'S opinion. That's what this forum is for...to air views and opinions. Right?

And if the show didn't get new viewers every year, I doubt it would still be on the air, so I welcome the new viewers and their opinions. Glad you do also. I even welcome opinions from sarcastic, jaded people.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

And I've watched Stargate, since the 1994 movie and COTG, debuting on Showtime, in 1996. Have seen EVERY episode, at least three times, most, many times more, and I still value EVERYONE'S opinion. That's what this forum is for...to air views and opinions. Right?

And if the show didn't get new viewers every year, I doubt it would still be on the air, so I welcome the new viewers and their opinions. Glad you do also. I even welcome opinions from sarcastic, jaded people.
                I cant express myself well in english, so thank you for writing what im felling about Osiris-RA's post

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

I value new viewers too. Heck I've even converted at least 3. I even value their opinion. What I don't value is the opinion being stated as if it's the only right one and that everyone else's who's been watching all along is of no account. I also don't appreciate people who red rep people for having an opinion other than S9 is super.

Not talking about you Lida. You've been nice and balanced along the way. Just a general statement of something I see happening more than normal.
                  sigpic

Comment

FYI, just because some of us have started posting lately doesn't mean we didn't watch from the start (I saw episode #1 on Showtime when it first aired, and I've seen every episode first-run since then), or even that we didn't lurk here for some time before we started posting (probably from S6 or so in my case).

As to the topic of the thread, I suspect Carter will be Carter. I think the majority of the interaction will be between she and Mitchell, who are apparently old friends. I doubt we'll see much, if any, Carter/Vala interaction anyway.

Comment

Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead? It's on in two days and so far I've seen just one. I don't read spoilers but I do allow myself this one indulgence of looking at the pre-episodic photos.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead?
                        See here http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=180

The writing is in german so you wont be able to read the spoilers (unless you can understand german)
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Sarcasm is my second name, but I've learned to tone it down a bit in posts. You know, it doesn't translate that well without facial expressions and vocal intonation.

I think the best place to get a good view on a tv shows is from the fans themselves in places like this where the opinion isn't always biased towards the way one wants it.
                          Mwu-ha-ha-ha.

Well, I've seen the movie and all seasons and have most of the DVD season boxes. So I reclaim the right to mutter and moan as much as I want.

Question: What's red-rep ?

But back on topic.
                          Two great characters. Two terrific actresses. It all really depends on the writers to give them good material.

A.
                          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            I value new viewers too. Heck I've even converted at least 3. I even value their opinion. What I don't value is the opinion being stated as if it's the only right one and that everyone else's who's been watching all along is of no account. I also don't appreciate people who red rep people for having an opinion other than S9 is super.
                            Alright, it's morning amd my head is clearer now.

What I mean about liking viewers opinions better than some of the critics or 'zines or whatever is that it's an honest opinion from people who watch the show on a regular basis, who USUALLY know the show and actually LIKE the show for what it is. Then you get the new opinions from other people who have just started watching - and even if those opinions may seem jaded or jacked up or totally utterly wrong to a veteran of the show, it's still an opinion.

Now, there's two groups, you have the people who are guninely interested in the show, then you have people who have just started watching because an actor from another they liked better is on it. Now, I'm not saying those opinions dont' count either, but they're probably biased towards the way they want it, right? So you come to a forum like this where there's a huge plethora of opinions which are not always biased towards the way one wants it - as certain zines and critics can be. If you really dont' care about the show, you'd take those negative zines as the gospel truth, or the neg opinions you see here, but then you'd also be faced with an oposite opinion..which then leads to arguments...which gets ugly...which is even more exciting than a boring old magazine. Even if the person giving the opinion thinks his/her opinion is gospel truth, so what? It's a opinion. It's not very trustworthy since they probably know jack about the show, but hey, let 'em talk. It's entertaining.

Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING.

*ducks hail of tomatoes and bottles of super glue*
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by BodenMaddox
                              FYI, just because some of us have started posting lately doesn't mean we didn't watch from the start (I saw episode #1 on Showtime when it first aired, and I've seen every episode first-run since then), or even that we didn't lurk here for some time before we started posting (probably from S6 or so in my case).
                              I don't believe I mentioned people who have just recently started posting. I was talking about new viewers who joined in at the beginning of S9 to follow specific actors. Not that their opinions don't count. They do. They just don't count any more than mine or anyone else's do.

As for you, welcome to the board. Glad you decided to de-lurk.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                                Well, I've seen the movie and all seasons and have most of the DVD season boxes. So I reclaim the right to mutter and moan as much as I want.
                                Mutter and moan away. As a seasoned viewer you've earned the right.

Question: What's red-rep ?
                                Red rep is red reputation points. They're negative as opposed to the pretty green ones which are positive. Some people give them out sparingly, when somone is rude, breaks the rules or intentionally causes trouble. Others (only a few thankfully) seem to hand them out regularly to anyone who doesn't agree with them. I've also seen people give them out to people, just because they don't like them. The fact that you don't know what they are probably means that you haven't received any yet nor given any out. Which is great.

But back on topic. Two great characters. Two terrific actresses. It all really depends on the writers to give them good material.

A.
                                Well I can agree on the two great actresses part. Still not sure about Vala's character, but I will say I like her better than I did at the start.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X