No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING
    I definitely don't want that either. As much as I like Vala, Sam's too great a character to use for cheap laughs.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead? It's on in two days and so far I've seen just one. I don't read spoilers but I do allow myself this one indulgence of looking at the pre-episodic photos.
      You can find some HERE

Comment

I have already posted that link
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Thanks for the link to the photos, folks.

Hummm.... they certainly don't give much away about the topic at hand, do they. :/
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Not in the slightest but you can translate the spoilers if you go to www.google.com/translate
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

hmmm, teensey piccies..
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Yeah they usually have bigger ones
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  Alright, it's morning amd my head is clearer now.

What I mean about liking viewers opinions better than some of the critics or 'zines or whatever is that it's an honest opinion from people who watch the show on a regular basis, who USUALLY know the show and actually LIKE the show for what it is. Then you get the new opinions from other people who have just started watching - and even if those opinions may seem jaded or jacked up or totally utterly wrong to a veteran of the show, it's still an opinion.

Now, there's two groups, you have the people who are guninely interested in the show, then you have people who have just started watching because an actor from another they liked better is on it. Now, I'm not saying those opinions dont' count either, but they're probably biased towards the way they want it, right? So you come to a forum like this where there's a huge plethora of opinions which are not always biased towards the way one wants it - as certain zines and critics can be. If you really dont' care about the show, you'd take those negative zines as the gospel truth, or the neg opinions you see here, but then you'd also be faced with an oposite opinion..which then leads to arguments...which gets ugly...which is even more exciting than a boring old magazine. Even if the person giving the opinion thinks his/her opinion is gospel truth, so what? It's a opinion. It's not very trustworthy since they probably know jack about the show, but hey, let 'em talk. It's entertaining.

Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING.

*ducks hail of tomatoes and bottles of super glue*
                  Well written Osiris-Ra and I have to agree. I would hope the writers have the sense to be able to write for two strong women in one scene......speaking of which, does Sam actually have any scenes with Vala? I truly hope so, because SG-1 has been a "boy's club" way too long.

As for super glue......I ran out this AM, you got my last bottle.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    See here http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=180

The writing is in german so you wont be able to read the spoilers (unless you can understand german)

thanks for posting this, qasimjavid.

I think these are caps from the preview for Beachhead that was aired last Friday. I am wondering if anyone, including GW, will get any other spoiler pics that are not from the preview.

Guess will see---only a few more days until Beachhead!

Comment

As theres only a few days left I doubt we will see any more pics
                      love Torri

Comment

This post is about Vala. Nokwalish write it so well. If you want to know who Vala is read it.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=712

im looking forward for Carter/Vala scene(s) this week. hope they will be! GIRLS POWER!!! cool!

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                          This post is about Vala. Nokwalish write it so well. If you want to know who Vala is read it.
                          It is a very nice post, filled with the sort of analysis a fic writer gives a character in order to write her. Unfortunately, at the end of most of the Vala eps we are simply left to "wonder" and a not to know much of anything about her.

I'd love to see some of the poster's thoughts take actual form in Beachead. Here's hoping!
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB

im looking forward for Carter/Vala scene(s) this week. hope they will be! GIRLS POWER!!! cool!
                            Interesting. So basically Vala has ADHD.

And no, I'm not making fun of people with ADHD. I live with someone who has it. And thinking about it, she does exhibit many of the traits.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                              Interesting. So basically Vala has ADHD.

And no, I'm not making fun of people with ADHD. I live with someone who has it. And thinking about it, she does exhibit many of the traits.
                              Sorry, but I don't think Vala has ADHD, although she does have some of the traits, she doesn't fit all the criteria. I won't go into it, nor will I try and diagnose a fictional charater. Suffice it to say, Vala is a much more complex, intelligent woman, than originally given credit for and a woman who has a lot of emotional "baggage" she is dealing with, in whatever way she can. Not unlike so many people in RL.

I truly hope the writers finally give us scenes of Vala with Sam. They have not written enough "strong" women parts, period and hardly ever have two strong women in a single scene. As I've been saying, it's still a boy's club, both SG-1 and SGA. It's time to enter the 21st century "guys".......
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                Sorry, but I don't think Vala has ADHD, although she does have some of the traits, she doesn't fit all the criteria. I won't go into it, nor will I try and diagnose a fictional charater. Suffice it to say, Vala is a much more complex, intelligent woman, than originally given credit for and a woman who has a lot of emotional "baggage" she is dealing with, in whatever way she can. Not unlike so many people in RL.

I truly hope the writers finally give us scenes of Vala with Sam. They have not written enough "strong" women parts, period and hardly ever have two strong women in a single scene. As I've been saying, it's still a boy's club, both SG-1 and SGA. It's time to enter the 21st century "guys".......
                                Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                                X