Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    Mutter and moan away. As a seasoned viewer you've earned the right.

Red rep is red reputation points. They're negative as opposed to the pretty green ones which are positive. Some people give them out sparingly, when somone is rude, breaks the rules or intentionally causes trouble. Others (only a few thankfully) seem to hand them out regularly to anyone who doesn't agree with them. I've also seen people give them out to people, just because they don't like them. The fact that you don't know what they are probably means that you haven't received any yet nor given any out. Which is great.
    Thanks very much for the explanation.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Sorry, but I don't think Vala has ADHD, although she does have some of the traits, she doesn't fit all the criteria. I won't go into it, nor will I try and diagnose a fictional charater. Suffice it to say, Vala is a much more complex, intelligent woman, than originally given credit for and a woman who has a lot of emotional "baggage" she is dealing with, in whatever way she can. Not unlike so many people in RL.
      I really want to know why do you think this's not the case of ADHD. lot's of symptoms clearly there

Comment

I really want to know why do you think this's not the case of ADHD. lot's of symptoms clearly there
        One of the main diagnostic criterias for ADHD is that the behaviour is independent of situation and persons present. The symptoms have to be there 24/7 even if their intensity can vary. Vala can be very calm and focused if she wants or has to. And sometimes there are glimpses that her behaviour is just put upon. Other times she simply is bored and a pain in the a**. She just doesn't suffer fools gladly.

A.
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
          Vala can be very calm and focused if she wants or has to. And sometimes there are glimpses that her behaviour is just put upon. A.
          YUP. this mean that all her actions is planned in her head, planned very quickly. she is not ADHD.
          edit to say - BUT! if she live like that years and this is her regular kind of thought, she is use to think fast and to fit herself to the situation in front of her than she isnt have to be focuse, it's her custom.
          Last edited by valaCB; 17 August 2005, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
            Ok, you asked for it.

The diagnostic feature of ADHD is a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that is more frequent and severe than is typically observed in "normal" individuals at a comparative level of development. There must be some impairment from the symptoms in at least two settings, for example at home, at school, or work. There must be clear evidence of interference with developmentally appropriate social, academic or occupational functioning. The disturbance is NOT better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g. Mood disorder, Anxiety d/o, Dissociative d/o or Personality d/o.)

Individuals with this disorder usually show inattention in social or other situations and may fail to pay close attention to detail and are careless. (This is VERY condensed). Work can be messy, perfomed carelessly and without considered thought. They also find it hard to to persist with tasks until completion. There is much more, I won't go into.

If Vala is suffering from anything, I would sooner diagnose PTSD, with Borderline Personality disorder, however, as she is a fictional character, I won't.

Would you like more?
            Last edited by Lida; 18 August 2005, 01:06 PM.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Spoiler:
              Well once Sam came back, they pretty much cast Vala aside, didn't they? Like there's only room for one woman in the boys club. I wished there had been much more interaction between Sam and Vala since they are so opposite in personality. It would've been great to see an ep with Sam and Vala on a mission separate from the "boys." *sigh* Perhaps another time.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                Spoiler:
                Well once Sam came back, they pretty much cast Vala aside, didn't they? Like there's only room for one woman in the boys club. I wished there had been much more interaction between Sam and Vala since they are so opposite in personality. It would've been great to see an ep with Sam and Vala on a mission separate from the "boys." *sigh* Perhaps another time.

Lisa Michelle
                Well, Vala had served her purpose so I won't miss her. But I agree about your point about missed opportunities to see Sam and Vala work together.

Comment

here is Sam and Vala ... Beach Head
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...c/PDVD_148.jpg

Comment

Vala, Sam and the boys.. Beach Head
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_139.jpg

Comment

Hope to see more V/S in future episodes but until then....

Comment

Hehe, I hear a lot that Vala was shoved aside once Sam made her appearance - I saw it a little different though. Sure, SG-1 (what's left of 'em) were incomprehensibly rude, they nicer to the annoying Felger and co I think, but TPTB made such a point of showing that Sam's back, Vala's nothing now, that you were really watching Vala to see what she would do.

Far as Sam Vala interaction, ha ha, I say. Ha ha ha ha ha. Sam looked like "Who's the vamp?"

...and she still had more lines than Sam
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Well, actually Vala was very open towards Sam, asking about her opinion. Personally I hope that the writers and both girls are going to surprise all of us in the future. Positively.

Comment

they pretty much blanked vala for the whole ep and they wouldnt even listen to her idea which is a shame i really thought vala was actually starting to build up a rapport with sg1 im glad sams back but they could have kept vala as a member of sg1 for that episode

Comment

I would love to see Vala as a regular charicter
                              C. Edmund

Comment

Hi fans of Sam and Vala

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

I love sam and vala began to grow on me towards the end of her run with sg-1. I have a top 25 women of stargate poll that i have been running.

Feel like contributing?
                                Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Working...
                                X