Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEASON 2 SHIPPERS REWATCH

This is the schedule i have so far, as you can see not all that many spots left for review, so if you fancy having a go, let me know. It doesnt have to be a massive piece of work, we have just done it in a format of synopsis, general discussion, Sam/Jack

I'm sticking to one review every 5 days or else it will take us just too long to get through the season

12th Jan - The serpents lair - sarabahama
    17th Jan - In the line of duty- meredithe5
    22nd Jan - Prisoners – Hedwig
    27th Jan - The gamekeeper - hlndncr
    1st Feb - Need - Selene
    6th Feb - Thors chariot- Ramona the pest
    11th Feb - Message in a bottle - SGSuzi
    16th Feb - Family - SGsuzi
    21st Feb - Secrets – Lt.Col John Sheppard
    26th Feb - Bane - Lt.Col John Sheppard
    3rd Mar - Spirits- Hedwig
    8th Mar - The tokra pt 1and 2 – sparky she demon
    13th Mar - Touchstone- hlndncr
    18th Mar - A matter of time- sarabahama
    23rd Mar - The fifth race – meredithe5
    28th Mar - Serpents song - Lt.Col John Sheppard
    2nd Apr - Holiday - Hlndncr
    7th Apr - One false step - Ramona the pest
    12th Apr - Show and tell - sparky she demon
    17th Apr - 1969 - sgsuzi
    22nd Apr - Out of Mind - samfan13
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

All ready for season 2 rewatch, starting this weekend

Its about to get much shippier
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
        All ready for season 2 rewatch, starting this weekend

Its about to get much shippier
        woohooo! bring it on! I'm excited (and a little stargate deprived. the space channel hasn't shown any sg1 lately. too many marathons).

Comment

Valenship is almost here!

(Thanks to XFChemist for the amazing art!)

Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everyone you know!

Help spread the word by using the official Valenship Sig and Avi:

(No hotlinking please.)

Come share all your love of Sam and Jack with your fellow Shippers
          through art, fics, vids, lists, chat, and more!

Don’t Miss It!

Comment

Yay I can't wait I love reading everyone's reviews and thoughts on each episode!!
            sigpic

Comment

*looks at calendar*

Oh my...I guess I will be watching the episode tomorrow so that I can do that review on Saturday! where has the time gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Still working on those Season 1 ficlets! I haven't given up yet.

Cor-ai

Spoiler:

Jack watched Sam’s face fall as she reported leaving the 302 pilots behind. It was the right decision, but it was another one of those damned distasteful things that had to be done for the sake of the mission and the greater good.

Jack was reminded of a scene so many years ago when Sam stood beside him as he lay his own haunted past bare in defense of Teal’c. She didn’t flinch or shy away from the truth of who he was or what he might have done. She held steady for him and for Teal’c. He was proud to have her by his side then and was strengthened by her loyalty and compassion.

Unfortunately, their years in the stargate program had given Sam more insight into these things than he ever would have wished for her.

She steadied him then. He would brace her up now. It didn’t matter that he was standing in the middle of a full command center as he spoke to her over the communications screen.

The words were simple, but they conveyed all the love and understanding between them.

“I’m sorry, Sam.” Jack said gently, and he saw her troubled face relax.

Comment

Getting ready for SarahBahama's review of "The Serpent's Lair" by watching the cliffhanger from Season 1 (and then I'l watch TSL) but I would like to know if anyone ever did the review here last month and I just missed it? If it was done and anybody knows where it is, can you post a link to it?
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    Getting ready for SarahBahama's review of "The Serpent's Lair" by watching the cliffhanger from Season 1 (and then I'l watch TSL) but I would like to know if anyone ever did the review here last month and I just missed it? If it was done and anybody knows where it is, can you post a link to it?
                    I think Lt. Colonel John Sheppard did it and it's here.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Not sure I can get my stories done before SaraB posts her review, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Enigma

Spoiler:

There is often enormous significance placed on one’s first kiss.

The first time Sam kissed a boy she was fourteen years old. His name was Kevin Mercer. Under pressure from her friends Sam had allowed him to take her into a dark corner during a school dance. The kiss was all lips and saliva. It was awkward and kind of icky. Sam couldn’t understand why this was such a preoccupation among her peers. But then, none of them could understand what was so fascinating about quantum mechanics. Their loss.

When Kevin Mercer decided to take things further and tried to reach his hand under Sam’s blouse she decked him.

Her father was furious when he had to pick her up at the principal’s office that night and was informed of her three day suspension. When Sam finally got over her embarrassment and told him the whole story he took those days off from work and they spent the time at home playing board games, eating ice cream and watching movies together. It was one of Sam’s favorite memories.

The first time Sam kissed an alien she was coming up on her first year in the stargate program. His name was Narim. Under pressure from General Hammond Sam had befriended him in order to learn more about his people, the Tollan, and their technology.

He had not been circumspect about his admiration for her. When he presented her with a recorder that allowed her to feel his emotions for her she was moved. They shared an awkward kiss that thankfully was interrupted by Daniel. It was one of Sam’s more interesting memories.

The first time Sam kissed Jack was just after her transfer to Area 51 had come through. The pressure of remaining apart had finally become too great and they knew it was time for their lives to change. Unwilling to let this limited opportunity slip by they hurriedly gathered their closest friends together at Jack’s cabin for their long awaited and much desired union.

Surprisingly the kiss was not the least bit awkward. A little hesitant at first but soon warm and ardent, the intimate touch was one of sweetness and fulfillment. It was the perfect first kiss.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Ikorni.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Ikorni.
                          You're most welcome. I simply looked through the pages because I know it done quite recently and the link to the post is found as a number on the top right corner (#1234).
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I think Lt. Colonel John Sheppard did it and it's here.
                            Good review LTCJS. I think I did read it before, but had forgotten.

As to Within the Serpant's Grasp, the intense scenes between Jack and Scarra/Klorel are played very well. You feel the love and hatred these three characters have for each other.

Funny moment despite the great acting - the displacement of Scarra's wig after he is zatted. I laugh every time. Other than that - kudos to the costume department and Alexis Cruz alternates between regal to peasant effortlessly. I luv this episode. Now to watch The Serpant's Lair before SarahBahama posts her review.

EDITED to add: The writers missed that Teal'c is holding a zat and standing behind Klorel as he "mind fingers" Daniel yet he doesn't take the shot which would not be fatal to either of them, but instead yells that O'Neil must take the shot with his lethal handgun. While I loved the drama and acting RDA got to show us, it would've been better if Teal'c were weaponless.
                            Last edited by RamonaThePest; 12 January 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

EDITED to add: The writers missed that Teal'c is holding a zat and standing behind Klorel as he "mind fingers" Daniel yet he doesn't take the shot which would not be fatal to either of them, but instead yells that O'Neil must take the shot with his lethal handgun. While I loved the drama and acting RDA got to show us, it would've been better if Teal'c were weaponless.
                              I haven't seen the ep in a while but would a zat have an effect on a Goa'uld, especially one wearing a ribbon device? Could be that Teal'c thought it wouldn't work after the Apophis disaster in The Nox and that a handgun would work, because of the velocity of the bullet etc?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That's an interesting question. I can't think of any instances where a Goa'uld (or Tok'ra) was zatted, but then, I probably don't remember those times too well.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X