Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    SEASON 2 SHIPPERS REWATCH

This is the schedule i have so far, as you can see not all that many spots left for review, so if you fancy having a go, let me know. It doesnt have to be a massive piece of work, we have just done it in a format of synopsis, general discussion, Sam/Jack

I'm sticking to one review every 5 days or else it will take us just too long to get through the season

12th Jan - The serpents lair - sarabahama
    17th Jan - In the line of duty- meredithe5
    22nd Jan - Prisoners – Hedwig
    27th Jan - The gamekeeper - hlndncr
    1st Feb - Need - Selene
    6th Feb - Thors chariot
    11th Feb - Message in a bottle - SGSuzi
    16th Feb - Family
    21st Feb - Secrets – Lt.Col John Sheppard
    26th Feb - Bane - Lt.Col John Sheppard
    3rd Mar - Spirits- Hedwig
    8th Mar - The tokra pt 1and 2 – sparky she demon
    13th Mar - Touchstone- hlndncr
    18th Mar - A matter of time- sarabahama
    23rd Mar - The fifth race – meredithe5
    28th Mar - Serpents song - Lt.Col John Sheppard
    2nd Apr - Holiday
    7th Apr - One false step
    12th Apr - Show and tell
    17th Apr - 1969 - sgsuzi
    22nd Apr - Out of Mind - samfan13

updated
    I can take "One False Step".
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I think everyone who initially contacted me and asked for specific episodes got them. There are just 9 left to fill, I am happy to do another review or two if need be, although I will be away for a week in March as I'm going to meet Amanda Squeeeeee
      If nobody else volunteers, I'd also like "----- "Thor's Chariot"; and I already have "One False Step". I'm ok with two episodes a week. I don't think we lost interest in Season 1's rewatch, more like the "official" reviewers went undergound. (No judgment here, the holidays were crazy!)

And thanks everyone who sent me Merry Shipmas green!

EDITED: to point out I asked for and was assigned One False Step months ago. You guys forgot about me *sniff*. And to strike out Bane because I see Lt. Col. JS has requested it. I'll take "Thor's Chariot" unless someone else really wants to participate and needs an episode.
      Last edited by RamonaThePest; 23 December 2012, 09:10 AM.
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

SEASON 2 SHIPPERS REWATCH

This is the schedule i have so far, as you can see not all that many spots left for review, so if you fancy having a go, let me know. It doesnt have to be a massive piece of work, we have just done it in a format of synopsis, general discussion, Sam/Jack

I'm sticking to one review every 5 days or else it will take us just too long to get through the season

12th Jan - The serpents lair - sarabahama
        17th Jan - In the line of duty- meredithe5
        22nd Jan - Prisoners – Hedwig
        27th Jan - The gamekeeper - hlndncr
        1st Feb - Need - Selene
        6th Feb - Thors chariot- Ramona the pest
        11th Feb - Message in a bottle - SGSuzi
        16th Feb - Family
        21st Feb - Secrets – Lt.Col John Sheppard
        26th Feb - Bane - Lt.Col John Sheppard
        3rd Mar - Spirits- Hedwig
        8th Mar - The tokra pt 1and 2 – sparky she demon
        13th Mar - Touchstone- hlndncr
        18th Mar - A matter of time- sarabahama
        23rd Mar - The fifth race – meredithe5
        28th Mar - Serpents song - Lt.Col John Sheppard
        2nd Apr - Holiday - Hlndncr
        7th Apr - One false step - Ramona the pest
        12th Apr - Show and tell - sparky she demon
        17th Apr - 1969 - sgsuzi
        22nd Apr - Out of Mind - samfan13

updated
        Last edited by SGSuzi; 23 December 2012, 01:59 PM.
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

I'll take Holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I'll take Holiday.
            woohoo thank you xx
            sigpic

Comment

I'll take "Show and Tell" SGSuzi.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                I'll take "Show and Tell" SGSuzi.
                thank you
                sigpic

Comment

Happy Holidays!

Comment

give me family then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      give me family then.
                      That gives you 4 reviews! I am happy to take it if no one else fancies it as I only have 2 this time
                      sigpic

Comment

That gives you 4 reviews! I am happy to take it if no one else fancies it as I only have 2 this time
                        it's all yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          it's all yours.
                          No probs, I don't mind how many people want to do but I don't want anyway feeling they have too many reviews to do and feeling bogged down with it, thanks though LCJS for offering to complete the list
                          sigpic

Comment

I have come seeking absolution for my shipping sins.

I did not keep up with the first season of our shipper rewatch, and for that I am truly sorry.

As penance, I am working to complete ficlets that go with each episode of season 1.

Here are the ficlets I wrote before my fall from grace:

Children of the Gods
                            Spoiler:

Jack sat on his couch nursing a cold beer and a sore arm.
                            She had come to him in the mess hall sometime after the debriefing for the Chulak mission, annoyed that he had tried to make her think Daniel would take a wife against her will as a gift from the elders of her people. She had apparently talked it all over with Daniel and learned that he wasn’t such a cad after all and Jack knew it.

When she expressed her concern about him disrespecting her, and by extension all women he supposed, Jack made the mistake of asking if she still wanted to arm wrestle. To his dismay, she accepted the challenge. Since he didn’t want to back down in front of his men (and he was sure she would have something to say about male egos at that) they sat down at a table and threw down.

It took him a lot longer to vanquish her than he expected. Then she stood up crisply, said “Thank you, Sir,” and left.

He had to admit he was a little bit impressed. She didn’t have much of a sense of humor yet, but she had a hell of a grip. Jack smiled to himself as he put down the beer and reached for his remote. Then with a groan he sat back and rubbed his arm. He was definitely going to have to be careful about under estimating this new Captain/scientist of his.

The Enemy Within
                            Spoiler:

Sam was humiliated.

She had been taken hostage by Kawalsky, knocked senseless in the elevator, and rescued by the Colonel. Yes, Kawalsky was being controlled by an infant Goa’uld that gave him an enormous boost of strength, and Sam had done her best to stop him, but she still hated how the whole thing made her look weak and ineffective.

Sam sat in the briefing room staring straight ahead, trying not to look at the Colonel beside her while they waited for the briefing to begin. She could just imagine what he must be thinking. When she first entered this room she had challenged him and insisted that she could handle anything he could handle. Now she was concerned he might use this incident as an excuse to pull her off his team.

Everyone around the table stood when General Hammond entered the room. As Sam resumed her seat, she felt the Colonel’s hand on her arm. Turning toward him he whispered, “Good to have you back, Captain.” He smiled and she saw the sincerity in his eyes. She smiled lightly and turning her attention back to the General she considered that perhaps there was more to this new CO then she had previously considered and she just might like knowing him better.

Emancipation
                            Spoiler:

He had referred to her by many names and titles over the years.

The first time he addressed her as “Doctor,” to which she promptly corrected him. “It is appropriate to refer to a person by their rank, not their salutation. You should call me ‘Captain’, not ‘Doctor’.”

As they developed a healthy respect for one another as teammates and even adopted a cordial yet professional friendship he interspersed an occasional “Sam” with his more usual “Captain” when speaking to her.

Time passed and they grew closer. Forbidden feelings began to surface and informal forms of address gradually submerged until it faded from their vocabulary altogether. He had not called her Sam in many years.

He was the first to give voice to her advancements. Standing on the ramp leading to the Stargate, presenting a proper salute—so rare for him—with a crisp, “Well done, Major,” and later looking upon her with unconcealed adoration as he presented her to the entire command as “Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter.”

Mostly she was just “Carter” to him. That formal yet familiar address carried with it all they were to one another, all they wished they could be. She loved it when he called her “Carter,” whether it was to solicit her knowledge, cut off her ramblings, call for back up or just let her know he was there.

But there was one name she had only heard him give voice to once. He threw it at her teasingly early on in their adventures when she stood in the center of a yurt wearing an exotic blue dress. Yet, there was something in the way those syllables had rolled from his tongue, combined with the look in his tawny eyes that had sealed it in her memory and impressed it upon her fantasies.

Eight years later, with all enemies vanquished and all barriers demolished she heard him say it once again. This time he whispered it to her, slow and breathless as he caressed her bare skin. Filled with overwhelming passion and pure love she opened herself to him fully and they became one as never before with her name falling from his lips.

“Samantha.”

The Broca Divide
                            Spoiler:

Sam was going just a little bit crazy with all that needed to be done before leaving to take command of Atlantis. She had decided to rent out her house and had to get it all packed up tonight so she could spend her last few days on earth at the cabin with Jack. They both knew that it could be a while before they might be together again.

Her team, as usual, had come to her aid. She was going to miss their ready support in Pegasus.

The guys were loading furniture on the truck while Sam packed up the books in her office and Vala sorted through her closet and drawers in the bedroom.

When Sam went to check on her progress, Vala made it very clear that she was not impressed with Sam’s less than exciting wardrobe. There were large piles of old comfy clothes Vala insisted would have to go.

A ratty olive green tank top crumpled at the base of one pile immediately caught Sam’s eye. She hadn’t seen it years—didn’t even realize she had kept it. Absently fingering the fabric her mind wandered toward a distant memory. Steam . . . heat . . . ardent kisses . . . ferocious, irrepressible desire.

Sam rescued the shirt from the other Goodwill bound apparel and immediately placed it in her open suitcase. Jack would be greeted by a sweet little surprise when he arrived at the cabin the next day.

Seeing the mysterious look on Sam’s face as she singled out this garment for special treatment, Vala attempted to wheedle the story out of her. But Sam was largely immune to Vala’s pestering. She just smiled and insisted it was time for lunch.

The First Commandment
                            Spoiler:

Sam and Daniel sat at the briefing room table with their heads together excitedly discussing the initial survey report for the next planet SG-1 was scheduled to visit when Jack entered enthusiastically trying to explain hockey to baffled Teal’c. As Jack took his seat across from the two ebullient scientists he was glad to see that Sam had apparently put the disappointments and self-recriminations of the last mission behind her.

For all her bluster when she first walked into this room, Jack knew she was still so untarnished. There were so many things she had not yet seen or experienced, thankfully. He was doubtful given their job it would remain so for long. Eventually she was going to have to make the choice to kill. At some point it was going to become a necessity to protect herself, or her team, maybe even to save earth. He wasn’t looking forward to seeing her take that step past innocence, and he would do everything in his power keep her from it for as long as possible.

Cold Lazarus
                            Spoiler:

The weathered gray stone lay apart upon the grassy hill. Sara had chosen the spot. Jack had not seen it until nearly two years after it was placed. He couldn’t face the reality the cold marble slab represented; the reality that his son was dead and it was his fault. When an alien encounter helped him realize that it was better to remember Charlie than hide from the pain he had come.

That first time he barely spoke a word. He imagined Charlie standing in the outfield with a glove on his hand and a smile on his face. He returned the following year on Charlie’s birthday and every year thereafter, unless his visit was delayed by an untimely gate malfunction, emergency lockdown, or off world confinement. As the years passed Charlie, or this remembrance of Charlie, became the receptacle of Jack’s confidences. He had shared much of his life, his hopes, and his fears before this stone.

Despite the dulling of the years, Jack’s heart still ached for his lost boy. He never spoke to anyone about his son. He always came alone.

When Jack finally married the companion of his heart he knew he could not surround his past with an impenetrable wall displaying a giant “Keep Out” sign. And he wanted to let her in. She already knew him so well, understood him almost completely. Almost. So the night before his annual pilgrimage he took a deep breath and began to talk about Charlie. They talked all night.

The next day they stood together on that same grassy hill. The cool morning breeze ruffled Jack’s short gray hair. He wrapped his wife’s chilly fingers in his hand and she gave him an encouraging smile. Love and understanding illuminated her clear blue eyes.

“Charlie,” he said, gently squeezing her hand, “this is Sam.”

And here is my latest addition to the collection:

The Nox
                            Spoiler:

Sam couldn’t believe how badly they’d messed up. The whole mission was a disaster. Not only had they failed to acquire the needed technology, every member of their team had died. It was only because of the miraculous healing powers of the Nox she was alive to bemoan her own performance.

Sam approached the Colonel’s office with trepidation, but he immediately caught sight of her hovering outside and invited her in. “What can I do for you, Captain?”

“Sir, I just wanted to apologize for my performance on the last mission and submit myself for any discipline or remedial training you might consider necessary.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Carter and frankly I’m too tired even to try and figure it out. We all made our share of mistakes on this mission, but from what I can tell you preformed to your usual high standards.”

“I appreciate the compliment, Sir, but you’ll see from my report I left my position while engaging the enemy. When I saw you go down I left cover and got myself killed. It showed inexcusably poor judgment on my part.”

“Yeah, I read that, and I agree you made a bad call.”

Sam waited for the inevitable reprimand.

“My hide is not worth losing your brain.” Sam tried to protest his making light of the situation but the Colonel cut her off. “Rookie mistake Carter. Just remember to keep your head down next time.”

“Now,” he continued rising from his chair, “I think I’m ready to get out of her and get a drink. You go find Daniel and I’ll get Teal’c. Meet us up top in twenty.”

Sam watched the Colonel disappear around the corner. She felt a little better. At least she hadn’t disappointed him. It amazed her how much that mattered to her.

I promise to cover all of the first season episodes before we begin our season 2 rewatch in the new year. Thereafter, I promise to faithfully follow along, providing commentary and ficlets as we go.

I hope this will be enough to clense my little shippy heart and you will all accept me back into penguin heaven.

Comment

Awwww how can you think you have ever sinned in our shippy world, you have given with your heart much more than anyone can ever give

However if you are seeking retribution I shall crack the whip and tell you have 2 weeks to get these finished before season 2 re watch begins!!!!!

P.s I love them by the way
                              sigpic

Comment

Awwww how can you think you have ever sinned in our shippy world, you have given with your heart much more than anyone can ever give

However if you are seeking retribution I shall crack the whip and tell you have 2 weeks to get these finished before season 2 re watch begins!!!!!

P.s I love them by the way
                                14 days and 15 more ficlets. I might make it.

You are my Muse's slave driver. She doesn't always think she appreciates it, but it is good for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X