No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My quest continues! (This is taking longer than I thought. )

Solitudes

Spoiler:
    Teal’c sat in Colonel O’Neill’s living room impatient for his teammates to settle in so he could begin the movie. Daniel Jackson was seated on the floor beside the coffee table reading a book. O’Neill had his casted leg propped up on a pillow on that same coffee table with a blanket over his torso. He was complaining loudly about not being allowed to have a beer. Captain Samantha Carter placed a bowl of popcorn between herself and the Colonel as she took up position on the other end of the couch.

Teal’c was pleased to be gathered with his teammates, all looking well and in good spirits; although, it would still be several more weeks before O’Neill recovered sufficiently for them to one again travel together through the stargate. It had been a long and difficult recovery from their ordeal trapped under the ice of Antarctica.

As the movie played Daniel continued reading his book oblivious to the drama on the screen or the little scene being played out on the couch behind him. Teal’c, however, noticed all.
    He could see Captain Carter had begun shivering slightly. Not surprisingly, she had demonstrated a heightened sensitivity to cold in recent weeks. O’Neill, who had developed a heightened sensitivity to Captain Carter, also noticed the shivering and offered to share his blanket with her. Reluctant at first, with some gentle coxing she gave in to his wishes and moved closer to him. He placed the blanket around them both and said something about a sidearm, a remark Teal’c did not understand, but one that elicited a giggle from the Captain. As the movie continued, Teal’c noted Captain Carter’s head as is it drifted down onto O’Neill’s shoulder and how O’Neill unconsciously leaned in toward her.

Teal’c had observed an attraction between his two military teammates from the very beginning. But since being stranded together, he sensed a bond of true caring had formed between them that went far beyond mere physical allure. That they were meant for one another seemed obvious to Teal’c, but no one spoke of it or even seemed to acknowledge this fact in any way. Teal’c decided it must be some kind of custom among the Tau’ri to pretend not to notice the mating overtures between couples until the pair formally acknowledged their union. Until that time, which Teal’c was certain would eventually come, he would continue to silently observe and support his friends.

Satisfied in this resolve, Teal’c returned his full attention to the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      That's an interesting question. I can't think of any instances where a Goa'uld (or Tok'ra) was zatted, but then, I probably don't remember those times too well.
      Sha're/Amaunet was zatted by Teal'c (with Horus armor sealed) after she gave birth to Shifu in order to deceive Apophis that Heru'ur had taken the baby.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Solitudes

Spoiler:
      Teal’c sat in Colonel O’Neill’s living room impatient for his teammates to settle in so he could begin the movie. Daniel Jackson was seated on the floor beside the coffee table reading a book. O’Neill had his casted leg propped up on a pillow on that same coffee table with a blanket over his torso. He was complaining loudly about not being allowed to have a beer. Captain Samantha Carter placed a bowl of popcorn between herself and the Colonel as she took up position on the other end of the couch.

Teal’c was pleased to be gathered with his teammates, all looking well and in good spirits; although, it would still be several more weeks before O’Neill recovered sufficiently for them to one again travel together through the stargate. It had been a long and difficult recovery from their ordeal trapped under the ice of Antarctica.

As the movie played Daniel continued reading his book oblivious to the drama on the screen or the little scene being played out on the couch behind him. Teal’c, however, noticed all.
      He could see Captain Carter had begun shivering slightly. Not surprisingly, she had demonstrated a heightened sensitivity to cold in recent weeks. O’Neill, who had developed a heightened sensitivity to Captain Carter, also noticed the shivering and offered to share his blanket with her. Reluctant at first, with some gentle coxing she gave in to his wishes and moved closer to him. He placed the blanket around them both and said something about a sidearm, a remark Teal’c did not understand, but one that elicited a giggle from the Captain. As the movie continued, Teal’c noted Captain Carter’s head as is it drifted down onto O’Neill’s shoulder and how O’Neill unconsciously leaned in toward her.

Teal’c had observed an attraction between his two military teammates from the very beginning. But since being stranded together, he sensed a bond of true caring had formed between them that went far beyond mere physical allure. That they were meant for one another seemed obvious to Teal’c, but no one spoke of it or even seemed to acknowledge this fact in any way. Teal’c decided it must be some kind of custom among the Tau’ri to pretend not to notice the mating overtures between couples until the pair formally acknowledged their union. Until that time, which Teal’c was certain would eventually come, he would continue to silently observe and support his friends.

Great ficlet! A nice illustration of being the first shipper.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        Sha're/Amaunet was zatted by Teal'c (with Horus armor sealed) after she gave birth to Shifu in order to deceive Apophis that Heru'ur had taken the baby.
        But wasn't Amaunet still in a "coma" for the baby's sake at that time?
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          But wasn't Amaunet still in a "coma" for the baby's sake at that time?
          Sha're had just birthed Shifu and Amaunet had just woken up. Screencap if the eyeflash of Amaunet waking up after birthing Shifu.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

This one is a little risque for me.

Tin Man

Spoiler:
            The first time they made love it was frenzied and intense as the desire they held at bay for so many years broke upon them in a torrent of all-consuming passion that left them spent and breathless.

The second time they made love it was slow and careful, almost reverent. With each tender caress they expressed their devotion and adoration for one another.

The third time they made love it was spirited and playful. They teased and tantalized one another. It was free and joyous in a way they had ever been together.

“Found it!” Jack cried out as he came upon a particularly sensitive spot.

“Found what?” Sam giggled as Jack tickled and continued to explore her body with exceptional concentration.

“The mole.” Jack looked at Sam with a delighted smirk.

“I know you’ve been busy, but I’m sure you’ve noticed I have a few,” Sam pointed out.

“I know,” Jack replied, “but I’ve been thinking about this one for years.”

Noting Sam’s confusion he explained further. “You know, the mole you didn’t want your robot double talking about.”

“That was seven years ago.” Sam exclaimed.

“Mmmm, yes. Seven long years.” Jack began kissing a caressing the hidden mark causing Sam to gasp with pleasure.

“I can’t believe,” she paused momentarily to catch her breath, “you … remembered … that.”

“Jack,” Sam tried to get his attention.

“Hmmm?” he responded distractedly.

“There’s another.” She began to maneuver their bodies into another position.

“Don’t tell me,” he arrested her movement. “I’ll find it,” he said with delight.

Comment

Solitudes

Spoiler:

Great ficlet, loved it!
              sigpic
              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I don't usually do character deaths, but I must be in a macabre mood tonight. This is, however, about AU characters so those who ascribe to Teal'c's philosophy of realities and consequence should be OK.

There But For the Grace of God

Spoiler:
                General Jack O’Neill had often been told that at his last moments he would see his life pass before his eyes. But as he looked down the barrel of a laser cannon aimed by an enemy Jaffa named Teal’c who had led the forces of Apophis that had just decimated his world Jack saw only one image—the face of his beloved fiancé, Dr. Samantha Carter. His life would have been over more than a year ago if it hadn’t been for her determination to open the Stargate and drag him on a mission to another world. She gave him a reason to live again, and he loved her for that and so much more.

When they had said goodbye he had held back, knowing that if he held on too tight, kissed her lips, spoke his love above a whisper he would never be able to walk away. He knew it would be the last time. Their world was gone and they would soon be gone with it.

Jack hoped he had given the earnest young man with the glasses and the floppy hair the time he needed to get back through the gate and warn his world. It meant somewhere in the vast and mysterious universe there was another Samantha Carter who could still be saved and maybe that other Jack O’Neill would be smart enough love her and lucky enough to have her love him back.

As the fire from the cannon lanced into Jack’s chest he whispered just one word, “Sam.”

In the briefing room, Dr. Samantha Carter had no reservations about pulling the pin from the grenade and blowing them all to hell. Earth was lost. Jack was most certainly already dead. Her last act of defiance toward the goa’uld would serve to save another world, a mirror universe very much like her own. It was the best outcome she could hope for now.

She had seen another version of herself on the tape Dr. Jackson had brought with him through this quantum mirror he had touched to arrive in their universe. She was military. And Jack was still Jack. She hoped the other Samantha Carter wouldn’t let the strictures of her chosen career deprive her of the amazing love Sam had experienced in this all too short time she had with her own Jack O’Neill. She knew it would be worth the sacrifice.

As the fire from the explosion consumed her, Sam sent her best wishes for a happy life to her doppelganger and with her last breath spoke the name of the man Sam Carter was always destined to love, “Jack!”
                Last edited by hlndncr; 13 January 2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

This little ditty is a particular favorite of mine. I laughed out loud when I first thought of it.

Politics

Spoiler:
                  Sam stood in her lab in her dress uniform going over some calculations based on the information Daniel had given them about this supposed alternate reality he had visited while she waited to be called up to the briefing room for this hearing Colonel Samuels had sprung on them. Jack watched her brow furrow in concentration from his vantage point leaning against the door jamb half in and half out of the room. He tried not to dwell on how adorable she looked when she was thinking, and she was always thinking.

Jack shook himself from his reverie and walked fully into the room, commanding her attention. Sam noted that her CO was also dressed for the hearing although slightly more rumpled than she, and she momentarily wondered how he could look so disheveled and so damn hot at the same time. Quickly disembarking her mind from that speeding locomotive she addressed her superior officer.

“What can I do for you, Sir?”

“I need you to help me understand something about this alternate reality thing Daniel was prattling on about.” He reached for a piece of equipment on Sam’s lab table, but she unobtrusively moved it away before he could take hold of it.

“I’ll do my best, Sir. What is it you’d like to understand?”

Jack paused as he took a moment to place his hands in his pockets and roll back and forth on his toes. Sam waited patiently.

“How is it theoretically possible that we could be engaged?”

Sam resisted rolling her eyes at the inquiry. The Colonel seemed particularly hung up on that detail of Daniel’s report from his alternate reality experience and Sam didn’t know whether to be flattered or offended. But she chose to approach the question in the way that was most comfortable for her, the scientific perspective.

Sam stepped over to a whiteboard at the back of her lab and began drawing lines branching off from one another as she explained.

“One way to look at this is to think of the multiverse as a tree. At every point where a decision is made a new universe, or alternate reality if you will, is created and branches off in the direction of each possible outcome. As each new choice is confronted new realities identical to the old reality until that point of divergence grow out from the tree, and the number of potential realities increases exponentially ad infinitum to encompass every possible permutation of particle interaction; thus, resulting in an infinite number of separate and distinct branches of the multiverses.”

Sam completed her explanation and turned away from the board to find the Colonel standing before her, very much in her personal space, with a puzzled expression causing a crease in his forehead. He held up his hands as if to stop the torrent of information flowing from her and licked his lips carefully trying as he fought to comprehend.

“So,” he began speaking slowly, two fingers framing his face, “theoretically, if I were to decide to kiss you right now . . .?” Sam’s eyes widened.

Undeterred by the rising alarm in Sam’s face, he continued, “That would create a different reality than if I just stood here, thinking about it . . . I mean talking about it,” he began erratically gesturing between them, “We’re talking and I’m not kissing you. Just standing here.”

He dropped his hands to his side and Sam found herself biting her lower lip to hold back the smile that was trying to escape at his discomfort.

“Yes, Sir.” Sam spoke, trying to sound nonplussed. “Theoretically it would.”

Jack moved almost imperceptibly closer. The toes of their shoes were nearly touching. He looked down on her with a mesmerizing intensity. His voice was low and gruff, “So somewhere in one of these branches I’m kissing you right now?”

It almost wasn’t a question and Sam stood before him speechless swinging her gaze from his eyes to his lips and back again. Slowly she nodded her head once. “Yes, Sir. That is theoretically possible.”

Another moment passed and then suddenly Jack jumped back as if the electric charge between them had finally reached an intensity to push them apart like dueling poles of two magnets.

“Thanks for the physics lesson, Carter.” Jack tapped on the doorframe as he exited her lab and disappeared down the hall.

Sam took in a deep breath and began to erase the haphazard drawing from the whiteboard.

All the while the words of the taunting grade school rhyme scrolled through her mind.

Jack and Sam sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G . . .

Comment

So sorry for the delay! I was so tired yesterday...I fell asleep on the couch! I just rewatched the ep -will have the review up in a jiffy.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      So sorry for the delay! I was so tired yesterday...I fell asleep on the couch! I just rewatched the ep -will have the review up in a jiffy.
                      No rush SaraB. I thought you were giving me time to finish my Season 1 ficlets.

Here's the last one.

Within the Serpent's Grasp

Spoiler:
                      Gearing up for their insane mission through the gate to the coordinates Daniel brought back from an alternate reality Jack looked over at Captain Samantha Carter and couldn’t help noting that she was not the same person who first stepped in the briefing room a year ago with an enormous chip on her shoulder and something to prove to the every male in range.

Then again he wasn’t at all the same either. Back then Jack was beyond reluctant to have a scientist on his team, especially a green as grass Captain with a stick up her butt. A year ago if General Hammond had given him the option to take the mission without her there was no question in his mind what decision he would make.

Thirty minutes ago he sat in the control room giving her the option to let her team take the suicide mission based on dubious intel without her and there was a question in his mind as to what decision he would have her make. He couldn’t order her to go. A part of him wanted to beg her to stay. When she agreed to join them on their hail Mary play to save earth he was both elated and distraught. He was likely leading them all to their deaths, but at least they would go out together, and they would make it count.

OK, you may now begin Season 2.

Comment

merge pic by UhSir (I think)

The Serpent’s Lair

Synopsis:
                        The Ha’tak vessels arrive over Earth, and SG-1 is captured after killing Klorel. Fortunately, a small team of Jaffa, led by Bra’tac is secretly stopping Apophis from taking over Earth and rescue SG-1 for their assistance.

Favorite Lines:
                        O'NEILL: Carter, if someone comes in here, you bite 'em in the hand!
                        CARTER: Yes, sir!

Favorite Scenes:
                        SAMUELS: Well, sir, since I am no longer wanted or needed here, I respectfully request permission to join one of the teams headed for the Alpha Site, at least there…
                        HAMMOND: Permission denied! The idea is to send the best and brightest, Colonel. When the time comes, you will stand alongside the men and women of this Command, in defense of this facility.
                        SAMUELS: But, sir!
                        HAMMOND: I ask no more or less of myself. Dismissed!

O'NEILL: Captain, take a look up.
                        CARTER: It's beautiful.
                        O'NEILL: Yes it is.
                        CARTER: We saved it, sir.
                        O'NEILL: Yes, we did.

O'NEILL: Not bad at all.
                        HAMMOND: SG-1—there's someone who'd like to see you.
                        CARTER: Daniel!
                        O'NEILL (hugging his neck): Space monkey! Yeah!

General Analysis:
                        This episode begins where ‘Within the Serpent’s Grasp’ ends: SG-1 is prisoner of Klorel’s jaffa, Klorel is dead (seemingly), and the two ha’tak vessels are stalking toward Earth with little subtlety or mercy. The team awakens from the goa’uld grenades disheartened to find themselves detained for their crimes and blind.

They find help to escape in the unexpected presence of Master Bra’tac –who takes a moment to lecture them on the ways that their interference has made his own plan to thwart Apophis impossible to execute now. In the way that only he can, Master Bra’tac reminds them that they are young, and not the only species in the universe actively opposing the goa’uld (we will see in later episodes that several Tok’ra operatives died in the resulting destruction of the two ships).

Meanwhile, on Earth, the SGC is evacuating people to the Alpha site and trying to come up with a fruitful response to the impending attack. Samuels is there, in full capacity as Kinsey’s lackey: posturing and blustering right up until the end, when he seems to think he can simply waltz through the gate to the safety of the Alpha site –General Hammond sets him straight on that count (see the dialogue above).

There are a couple of interesting moments when it becomes apparent that Skara is fighting against Klorel’s will –perhaps something of the host DOES remain, and we shall revisit this in the future.

Daniel is injured in the course of covering the team’s back (and while I question the wisdom of allowing a single individual to cover the rear without support, the resulting scene is touching…a veritable well of emotion between brothers in arms). He urges Jack to go on without him and he will cover them as they depart in the rings, and once they are gone we see him pull himself to the sarcophagus, and shortly after reviving, he escapes the doomed ship by the skin of his teeth. I don’t think that Jack leaving him behind in this ep is consistent with his character –it seems he would have taken Daniel with him, even against Daniel’s wishes.

Earth is saved, but Apophis and Klorel ring out just in time –so we shall be seeing them in the future.

The ending scene with the team discovering that Daniel is alive is very touching, and I feel a hopeful lift every time I watch it.

Sam and Jack:
                        It’s pretty straight forward: even though this is an unauthorized mission, they behave professionally during the whole thing. We do get a little humor when she bites his hand, and he approves, and even better: we get the briefest glimpse of Jack hugging Sam exuberantly after it has been revealed that Daniel survived.

Note: I really enjoyed Bra’tac in this episode…so much humor.

**I hope this is ok...I'm falling asleep at the computer...I will be able to add more to the conversation as the rest of you kick around observations.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

No rush SaraB. I thought you were giving me time to finish my Season 1 ficlets.
                          Here's the last one.
                          Within the Serpent's Grasp
                          OK, you may now begin Season 2.
                          umm...yeah...heh heh...that's what I was doing *looks shiftily around*.
                          Impeccable timing...that's me.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thanks Sara for starting s off
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Bratac was fantastic. The quips about "not bad, for an old man" and grenades, and "human!" were classic

I think that Jack would have put Daniel in the Sarcophagus himself in the later seasons. However, like you said, it made for excellent drama both at the moment and at the end.

From here on in, sg1 is a TEAM in every sense of the word (well...okay, so until shades of grey....). This ep is the capstone to the relationship arcs that started all the way in ep one (or the movie) - between sam/jack, jack/daniel, jack/teal'c and cements SG1's place as the "team that does the impossible" in Hammond's eyes. Oh, they'll go through hard times but I think that the gel is set here. Mutal respect and comradreship.

We also get to learn nifty things about gou'ald ships...and the gate itself.

Comment

Snipped a lot of SaraBahama's great review. For the full review, go back 2-3 posts.

The Serpent’s Lair

Favorite Lines:
                                O'NEILL: Carter, if someone comes in here, you bite 'em in the hand!
                                CARTER: Yes, sir!
                                Mine as well, especially Jack to Carter: "I like your spirit". He respects the fighter she is.

Favorite Scenes:
                                SAMUELS: Well, sir, since I am no longer wanted or needed here, I respectfully request permission to join one of the teams headed for the Alpha Site, at least there…
                                HAMMOND: Permission denied! The idea is to send the best and brightest, Colonel. When the time comes, you will stand alongside the men and women of this Command, in defense of this facility.
                                SAMUELS: But, sir!
                                HAMMOND: I ask no more or less of myself. Dismissed!
                                Hammond was great in this. This is the episode where I grew to really appreciate him. (Poor Samuels. HaHa! Although its only being removed from the original viewing by many years for me to be able to laugh at his characterization.)

O'NEILL: Not bad at all.
                                HAMMOND: SG-1—there's someone who'd like to see you.
                                CARTER: Daniel!
                                O'NEILL (hugging his neck): Space monkey! Yeah!
                                One of a very few true (full-teeth showing) smiles from Daniel.

General Analysis:

[Center]***LOTS SNIPPED***

There are a couple of interesting moments when it becomes apparent that Skara is fighting against Klorel’s will –perhaps something of the host DOES remain, and we shall revisit this in the future.
                                Fascinating to see Skarra fighting Klorel. It explains Klorel's failing to execute Apophis' order to execute them immediately in the previous episode. Sidenote: Peter Williams' Apophis is wonderfully over the top (as always) as he realizes he's been thwarted and he and Klorel desert the ship. His arrogance is as I would expect an ancient pharaoh to appear given they referred to themselves as gods.

Daniel is injured in the course of covering the team’s back (and while I question the wisdom of allowing a single individual to cover the rear without support, the resulting scene is touching…a veritable well of emotion between brothers in arms). He urges Jack to go on without him and he will cover them as they depart in the rings, and once they are gone we see him pull himself to the sarcophagus, and shortly after reviving, he escapes the doomed ship by the skin of his teeth. I don’t think that Jack leaving him behind in this ep is consistent with his character –it seems he would have taken Daniel with him, even against Daniel’s wishes.
                                I question Jack's leaving Daniel behind as well, but he left Teal'c behind on Vorash (can't recall epi name) but I think the criteria is absolute surety of the individuals wounds as fatal. And as Cromwell proved in the Henry Body scenario, Jack was wrong in blaming him. Sidenote: Thank goodness for the Sally Malcolm "Honor" books.

Sam and Jack:
                                It’s pretty straight forward: even though this is an unauthorized mission, they behave professionally during the whole thing. We do get a little humor when she bites his hand, and he approves, and even better: we get the briefest glimpse of Jack hugging Sam exuberantly after it has been revealed that Daniel survived.
                                Agreed. Totally missed the hug there *scrambles to put disk back in to go see it*

Note: I really enjoyed Bra’tac in this episode…so much humor.
                                Bra'tac is fierce and the epitome of an old, wise warrior. I'd forgotten he was the first to utter what would become the rebel Jaffa motto and catch phrase "I die free". His calling Klorel "a parasite in the body of a child" was great.
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X