No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have the impression they were planning to do anything together. They were just talking about what plans each might have for the weekend, and neither had any.
    Quoted from the script:

CARTER
    How about Monday morning?

O'NEILL
    No, I have a thing with someone from CIA. A Johnson someone or other. It's about
    that whole Kinsey thing.

CARTER
    So, any big plans for the weekend?

Don't the first two sentences imply that they were trying to make some sort of appointment before segwaying into discussing week-end plans?

The only other time anything remotely like this came up was in "Lost City" when Sam showed up at his door and said she couldn't sleep the night before, and Jack said she should have called him. I always wondered when he or they had gotten so chummy that one would call the other in the middle of the night because they couldn't sleep.
    They're not that chummy and that's their problem, IMO!

I interpreted Jack's offer there as similar to the regular fishing-invites:

Jack: "You know you can always rely on me for help if you really need it"
    Sam: "Yes, but we both know I'm not going to ask you for it"

or something to that extent.

(P.S. I am usually smacking my head metaphorically, especially after I got the little scar in the middle of my forehead by accidentally smacking into a stage beam)
    sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nefer View Post
      Quoted from the script:

CARTER
      How about Monday morning?

O'NEILL
      No, I have a thing with someone from CIA. A Johnson someone or other. It's about
      that whole Kinsey thing.

CARTER
      So, any big plans for the weekend?

Don't the first two sentences imply that they were trying to make some sort of appointment before segwaying into discussing week-end plans?

They're not that chummy and that's their problem, IMO!

I interpreted Jack's offer there as similar to the regular fishing-invites:

Jack: "You know you can always rely on me for help if you really need it"
      Sam: "Yes, but we both know I'm not going to ask you for it"

or something to that extent.

(P.S. I am usually smacking my head metaphorically, especially after I got the little scar in the middle of my forehead by accidentally smacking into a stage beam)
      The Monday morning thing could have been something work-related that Sam was wanting to schedule, and Jack already had the meeting with Agent Johnson, so Monday morning didn't work, and Sam didn't get around to asking about any other time. At least that's my theory.

(*p.s. - Mom said I cured myself of the head smacking thing when I tried it on the side of the woodburning stove we had at the time. I have no memory of that, but I also have no scars from it.*)

Comment

I also enjoyed Citizen Joe. I suppose I can see how some fans would be offended, but I just thought it was hilarious and laughed at all the jokes poking at us. I never took this episode seriously, either. Whereas other "clip-show" episodes were a part of the story arch (ie, season 7's was about the new president learning about the Stargate program), this one didn't really contribute anything to the overall story, but it was fun.

Besides, do you really think the AF would give clearance to the wife of a civilian who stumbled upon an Ancient artifact at a garage sale? To save his marriage... what are we now.. Dr. Phil? But hey... they give the shrub of a stalker clearance, then I guess Joe Spencer's wife can have it, too!

As for the opening phone call... I always thought Jack was about to invite Carter over to sample his World Famous Omelet, and Joe busted in and ruined it! Do you think it sounded like Carter was "fishing", asking him what his plans were for the weekend? Like... you're not doing anything, I'm not doing anything... let's do something together! Very wishful thinking on my part, but hey... why not?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I think I read that on some of those DVD sets, the episodes were listed out of order. It should be:

Full Alert
          Citizen Joe
          Reckoning
          Threads
          Moebius

This is the order it was shown when the series was still on the air.

And Kerry dumped Jack in Threads, so it wouldn't make sense that he'd be trying to hide a relationship with her if Citizen Joe came between Threads and Moebius.

I seem to remember something about the order of the last few episodes being announced one way in Season 8 and ending up being run, well, in the order they were run. And I think it especially involved CJ. Not important but just something I recall.

Comment

Besides, do you really think the AF would give clearance to the wife of a civilian who stumbled upon an Ancient artifact at a garage sale? To save his marriage... what are we now.. Dr. Phil? But hey... they give the shrub of a stalker clearance, then I guess Joe Spencer's wife can have it, too!
            That's just one of the issue about Stargate where even the healthiest portion of suspension of disbelief is not helping anymore.
            sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

Helooooo everyone! I've been a little out of the loop lately, we're doing this massive annual newsletter project at work that's keeping me busy busy. Anyway, I'm down for Reckoning pt 2 tomorrow but I'll wait till I see pt 1

Citizen Joe:

I LOVE the conversation at the beginning. I like how we come into the middle of it, and there's this obvious banter that's been going on. This is so not how an engaged woman should be talking to another man I normally multi-tasked through most of the "clip shows" but I really enjoyed this one, it was fun.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm suppose to review Reckoning part 1 for tomorrow, but as it's finals week for me in RL, I mostly likely won't be able to post it until Tuesday. Sorry in advance for the delay!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Hey everyone! I'm suppose to review Reckoning part 1 for tomorrow, but as it's finals week for me in RL, I mostly likely won't be able to post it until Tuesday. Sorry in advance for the delay!
                  Good luck with finals!!!

Comment

Good luck, and it works for me, I'm not sure I'm quite ready either but I was going to make my best effort at it today if I had to

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                      I also enjoyed Citizen Joe. I suppose I can see how some fans would be offended, but I just thought it was hilarious and laughed at all the jokes poking at us. I never took this episode seriously, either. Whereas other "clip-show" episodes were a part of the story arch (ie, season 7's was about the new president learning about the Stargate program), this one didn't really contribute anything to the overall story, but it was fun.

As for the opening phone call... I always thought Jack was about to invite Carter over to sample his World Famous Omelet, and Joe busted in and ruined it! Do you think it sounded like Carter was "fishing", asking him what his plans were for the weekend? Like... you're not doing anything, I'm not doing anything... let's do something together! Very wishful thinking on my part, but hey... why not?
                      I was not thrilled with Citizen Joe. The whole stone premise seemed off. Wouldn't they both have to be holding the stones to see into each others lives or was it some sporadic thing? Were either of them able to 'remote view' based on strong emotions? And if so where does that leave their private lives?
                      The fact that these stones lead to the Ori has me totally despising them. So not a fan of the Ori. However I do like their use on SGU.

The scene that did move me was when Joe realized that Daniel had died. We see here (in Revelations)
                      the emotion O'Neill would not show - not to his team and not to himself.

I thought Sam was 'fishing' for an invitation to brunch. Her whole demeanor on the phone spoke volumes. She didn't look like a woman newly engaged to someone else.
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                        ...I thought Sam was 'fishing' for an invitation to brunch. Her whole demeanor on the phone spoke volumes. She didn't look like a woman newly engaged to someone else.
                        Just a thought but maybe Sam felt she could hang out with Jack now that she was engaged and that elephant in the room had shrunk now to a cute little puppy guy pal. More manageable yet she still gets her Jack and the friendship that had been growing.

Comment

I'm not sure that they would ever feel comfortable just hanging out--just the two of them. A phone call is different. Work conversation, even with a hefty dose of flirtation, is different. Them at a movie, or a hockey game, or somewhere else where it's just the two of them would feel creepy, I think, for both of them, regardless whether they both have significant others, or not. I think that the level of play that we're seeing from them on the phone is because it's a safe environment. Nothing can happen on the phone. It's innocuous. Were they together at his house, late at night, watching a movie--I think that they would both feel very awkward. So, my vote is that regardless of her current relationship status with Pete, she still will keep a certain distance between herself and Jack, as will he with Sam--except for those moments like this, on the phone, when it's innocent and sweet.

Having said that, I do think that this relationship is the precursor to the real thing. When they CAN finally be together. The seeds for this kind of relationship are there--it's just that they won't plant them until it's time.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            I'm not sure that they would ever feel comfortable just hanging out--just the two of them. A phone call is different. Work conversation, even with a hefty dose of flirtation, is different. Them at a movie, or a hockey game, or somewhere else where it's just the two of them would feel creepy, I think, for both of them, regardless whether they both have significant others, or not. I think that the level of play that we're seeing from them on the phone is because it's a safe environment. Nothing can happen on the phone. It's innocuous. Were they together at his house, late at night, watching a movie--I think that they would both feel very awkward. So, my vote is that regardless of her current relationship status with Pete, she still will keep a certain distance between herself and Jack, as will he with Sam--except for those moments like this, on the phone, when it's innocent and sweet.
                            Yeah I don't see them hanging out by themselves either
                            Having said that, I do think that this relationship is the precursor to the real thing. When they CAN finally be together. The seeds for this kind of relationship are there--it's just that they won't plant them until it's time.
                            Exactly, a nod to how it can be *now* (which ironically would have involved more phone calls during seasons 9 and 10 as they were stationed apart)
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

I was just coming in to say this week's got away from me too and I won't have Threads ready tomorrow. How about we put the schedule back a few days, then, if you and Gumarx could both do with a little extra time? I'll leave Threads until after the weekend, and then Moebius can be later next week
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That's good since I'm slated for Mobius, and I haven't re-watched it yet!

btw, josiane, love the new sig... they are both so hot in their uniform!

Comment

Working...
                                X