Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hubble;6616634]I've heard the talking points about Carter's hair, but I've yet to see these dark roots myself. So, can you name one episode where I can see actually see them?

QUOTE]

I just don't see why if they wanted a blond they didn't cast one. As for naming an episode...are you kidding? Name one that you can't see that Carter is not a natural blond!!!!

It's all a bit ot anyway perhaps we should start a hair styles of the SGC thread.They have all gone through quite a few different looks over the years.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

[QUOTE=flynn1959;6616755]
      Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      I've heard the talking points about Carter's hair, but I've yet to see these dark roots myself. So, can you name one episode where I can see actually see them?

QUOTE]

I just don't see why if they wanted a blond they didn't cast one. As for naming an episode...are you kidding? Name one that you can't see that Carter is not a natural blond!!!!
      In fact, Amanda Tapping is a natural blond. Nope, not kidding. I challenge you to just name one episode where we can all see for sure that Carter isn't a natural blond - where her darker roots are showing so obviously.

As for it being OT, you are the one who went OT and brought it up initially. Since you brought it up, I'd really like you to provide evidence for your statements.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hubble;6616783]
        Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post

In fact, Amanda Tapping is a natural blond. Nope, not kidding. I challenge you to just name one episode where we can all see for sure that Carter isn't a natural blond - where her darker roots are showing so obviously.

As for it being OT, you are the one who went OT and brought it up initially. Since you brought it up, I'd really like you to provide evidence for your statements.
        Okay, as it is soooooo very, very, VERY important to you, although God only knows why!!!Lots of actors dye thier hair for parts etc it's no big deal. Give me a week or so to dig out all of the dvd's and find the time to watch a few and I will get back to you. AT is blonde!!! I don't think so.
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Hubble;6616783]

Seems I didn't have to look to far after all...TRNT. Check out pics 20 /21 etc dark roots look going on!
          sigpic

Comment

Right on sister. They should cast people who are authentic for their parts. I don't see why if they wanted someone to play Daniel Jackson, that they didn't just cast an actor who really wore glasses. I've worn glasses for 20 years and the way MS wears his sometimes really annoys me. The bows are way up on the side of his head (not the way I've seen too many people wear them.) And there's no logic as to when he wears them and when he doesn't. Usually, either a person wears them all the time or just for close distance or long distance. Apparently when Daniel is ActionJackson he doesn't wear them and when he's supposed to be a scholar he does.

Hiring fake blondes and fake visually impaired people is absolutely horrible.

Comment

Seems I didn't have to look to far after all...TRNT. Check out pics 20 /21 etc dark roots look going on!
              I'm afraid you'll have to provide the pictures. I didn't watch TRNT, nor do I have access to a Tivo'd version. And if I did, I wouldn't have any clue where pics 20/21 are.

Maybe something in the first 6 Seasons since I have those DVDs. It's not that it's so important to me, it's just that you so often repeat things I suspect you've heard others say that have really nothing to do with anything, really. It's difficult to understand your point, other than you hate Carter and don't like AT's acting or her hair, among other things. What else is new? It would be nice, however, to hear if you have any "original" thoughts. Regurgitating the talking points you hear elsewhere gets very stale.

Comment

I'm afraid you'll have to provide the pictures. I didn't watch TRNT, nor do I have access to a Tivo'd version. And if I did, I wouldn't have any clue where pics 20/21 are.

Maybe something in the first 6 Seasons since I have those DVDs. It's not that it's so important to me, it's just that you so often repeat things I suspect you've heard others say that have really nothing to do with anything, really. It's difficult to understand your point, other than you hate Carter and don't like AT's acting or her hair, among other things. What else is new? It would be nice, however, to hear if you have any "original" thoughts. Regurgitating the talking points you hear elsewhere gets very stale.
                The pictures are here on this site, front page there is a link to pictures of the latest episode, go check out the pics. My thoughts are my own, I rarely visit other sites and I speak my own mind thank you very much. Perhaps my views sound so similar to so many other peoples posts because so many other people feel the same way.
                sigpic

Comment

The pictures are here on this site, front page there is a link to pictures of the latest episode, go check out the pics. My thoughts are my own, I rarely visit other sites and I speak my own mind thank you very much. Perhaps my views sound so similar to so many other peoples posts because so many other people feel the same way.
                  Lighting. In all the other pictures, the hair looks fine to me. Being a natural blonde doesn't mean that one doesn't color one's hair a different shade of blond from time to time.

So, the flynn1959 who posts on OS isn't you, then?

Comment

For those who apparently haven't met many real life blondes. Hair appears darker as you get towards the roots, partly because of natural sun bleaching towards the edges and partly because hair is denser at that point and comes across darker. There are also different shades of blonde as there are of brown.

Looks pretty natural to me, if only because the color range looks way to complicated to have been dyed. (otherwise serious kudos to the stylist.)

Now topic?

Comment

Being a natural blonde doesn't mean that one doesn't color one's hair a different shade of blond from time to time.
                      I would have to agree with this. I know natural blondes who have more than one shade of blond in their hair. Even ones who definitely have darker hair closer to the roots and lighter towards the ends. Even me, with my brown hair...the ends are quite a bit lighter than my roots... I have always seen Amanda with blonde hair, even in programs before Stargate. For Sanctuary, she is wearing a brunette wig. Just sayin'...

To be on topic, Mitchell and she may be the same rank, but Sam's got a heck of a lot more experience. Again...just sayin'...

Comment

The Official Amanda Tapping Website: "She is blonde, the colour of her eyes is blue, and is 5' 9'' (175 cm) tall."
                        it's also worth mentioning that she has blond hair and blue eyes in every single media enterprise--minus the obvious sanctuary--she's ever participated in. granted, picture quality makes some eye colors are up for debate, but not the hair. in fact, it's usually even the roughly the same shade/mix of blond, unless circumstances dictate otherwise. and though i do see some streaking, i have yet to see dyeing (from any significantly different color). she looks...like a blond. a very complex and mixed range blond...but a blond none-the-less. and as for push-up bra...no.

:ahem: so yes. mitchell, as he is now, shouldn't outrank carter. for crying out loud, there are lieutenants better than him. carter should be leading the team; it's what makes sense. natural progression. experience, knowledge, skill, connections. it makes sense. co-leading, one week transfers, your pick of posts, forced main character back stories, ditching the universe, newbie leaders in s9, ignoring canon, fake friendship, "getting the band back together", restarts, light colonels that can't hold guns or follow orders or weigh advice or exercise common sense...that doesn't make sense.

^^to me
                        Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 28 April 2007, 02:56 PM. Reason: whoops
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

So tell me, do you think that Carters hair is natural? An odd look, don't you think, the way she dyes the roots dark so often, quite strange that. I have seen that 'style' a few times, but it usually means that the persons colour is growing out. Maybe going through the stargate turns your parting brown? Actually, that could be right, I seem to remember Daniel being bleached blond with dark roots too some years ago.

And when they stopped going through the 'gate so often Jack went grey and Teal'c grew hair!!!!

My god, they should have gotten extra pay to spend on hair products.

Um....what does blonde hair have to do with rank

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I've only read this type of comment about AT's hair by a few fans over at OS and you -- and don't you post over there? But more importantly, what does this have to do with the topic?

I think Mitchell should have been a major instead of the same rank as Carter, or should have been a colonel with a lot of gate experience so that leadership would have been clear either way. I would have preferred the former, but I think having them equal in rank was not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                              I think Mitchell should have been a major instead of the same rank as Carter, or should have been a colonel with a lot of gate experience so that leadership would have been clear either way. I would have preferred the former, but I think having them equal in rank was not a good idea.
                              I think they should have known what the character was supposed to be like before they introduced him, we didn't know if he was a bumbling idiot goofball or skilled leader, with the experience needed to earn the right to lead SG1. What we got fit more to the ranking of an officer below a major
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                                I've only read this type of comment about AT's hair by a few fans over at OS and you -- and don't you post over there? But more importantly, what does this have to do with the topic?
                                Obviously, flynn is of the opinion that blondes are only good for sex appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X