This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightsabre
    Very well put. Dare we hope this thread is FINALLY finished??
    Nope. Like a cockroach, this thread will live on until the situation is settled once and for all.

THEN, once it is settled, we'll squabble over why the settlement is wrong/right.

It's a never-ending cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      I kind of agree about Sam not really being the leader Jack was, and sans the humor too. From her, it would sound forced, but we could at least bring back someone we know like maybe ..... I'll think of someone, but I still think Browder is a really bad idea.

In honor of all StarGate stands for, I won't accept him.

*crosses arms defiantly*
      I'm with you there!
      Anyhow, who says that a leader has to have a sense of humor? Huh? Anyway, Jack, as a leader, is a tough act to top that's for sure! And I feel like TPTB are trying to cram all those new characters down my throat without so much as something even vaguely looking as a "sorry gang for the trouble".

Oh. If you love those new characters, I'm very happy for you: don't bother to let me know how/why/when/what about they're so great! It won't make any difference and I've taken note of your views on the subject. Thank you.

Anyway, Sam may have weaknesses as a leader, but who wouldn't? Why take that new guy and make *him* the great savior of the team (okay, the question may be at the mo: what team?!) or whatever??
      Bring back Ferreti! Hell! Bring back Makepeace or even Maybourne!

Nah! No need to tell me that those guys haven't got a big name and aren't leftovers (did I just write that? sowwy!) I meant great actors (BTW I don't mean BB... Beau, jee, what have they got for those BB initials, pray tell!!???) from other series!

Oups! Maybe I should take this to the anti S9 thread!
      J a c k M a n i a c

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        I kind of agree about Sam not really being the leader Jack was, and sans the humor too. From her, it would sound forced, but we could at least bring back someone we know like maybe ..... I'll think of someone, but I still think Browder is a really bad idea.

In honor of all StarGate stands for, I won't accept him.

*crosses arms defiantly*
        I'm with you there!
        Anyhow, who says that a leader has to have a sense of humor? Huh?

Anyway, Jack, as a leader, even with his own faults, is a tough act to follow that's for sure! And I feel like TPTB are trying to cram all those new characters down my throat without so much as something even vaguely looking as a "sorry gang for the trouble". If they want new leaders in there, they can give 'em their own personallity: SG-1's doesn't need to be a Jackalike and the SGC's a Hammond/O'Neillclone!!

Oh. If you love those new characters, I'm very happy for you: don't bother to let me know how/why/when/what about they're so great! It won't make any difference; I've read and taken note of your views on the subject. Thank you!

Anyway, Sam may have weaknesses as a leader (great stories opportunities ahead), but who wouldn't? Why take that new guy and make *him* the great savior of the team (okay, the question may be at the mo: what team?!) or whatever??

Bring back Ferretti! Hell! Bring back Makepeace or even Maybourne!

Nah! No need to tell me that those guys haven't got a big enough name and aren't leftovers (did I just write that? sowwy!) I meant great actors (BTW I don't mean BB... Beau, jee, what have they got for those BB initials, pray tell!!???) from other series!

Oups! Maybe I should take this to the anti S9 thread!
        J a c k M a n i a c

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
          I think they will need Browder's character to outrank Carter and lead the SG-1 team for season nine.
          Why? Well, people will hate me for saying this but Sam simply doesn't have the charisma to carry the show as leader.
          We know Jack has slowly turned into a complete imbecile, but RDA had the Charisma to carry the show as its leader.
          Carter is a good team player, but she's the better part of an esemble. As a character alone, she's just not that interesting.
          I'm now ducking.
          I agree with every word. I feel sorry for the poor SGA fans who will have to see their show turned into The Sam Carter Romance Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by diversky View Post
            I agree with every word. I feel sorry for the poor SGA fans who will have to see their show turned into The Sam Carter Romance Hour.
            Because that's bound to happen right? Oh wait - it makes sense now!
            Spoiler:
            Carter will be the one that knocks up Teyla! Though I bet Sheppard will throw a hissy because she ditched him right?

Comment

Don't worry a lot of us have already jumped ship!
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Because that's bound to happen right? Oh wait - it makes sense now!
                Spoiler:
                Carter will be the one that knocks up Teyla! Though I bet Sheppard will throw a hissy because she ditched him right?
                They'll save that one for sweeps! Anyway, don't be surprised when Sam flirts with Sheppard, makes out with Rodney and is the love object of various random male aliens.

Comment

They'll save that one for sweeps! Anyway, don't be surprised when Sam flirts with Sheppard, makes out with Rodney and is the love object of various random male aliens.
                  So, same old same old for Sammy then! These writers have no idea how to creat a decent female character. Right from Carter's very first cring making scene ten years ago she has been a joke. They should have made Mitchell outrank her right from the start and they should promote Sheppard now to ensure that he outranks her on Atlantis.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                    So, same old same old for Sammy then! These writers have no idea how to creat a decent female character. Right from Carter's very first cring making scene ten years ago she has been a joke. They should have made Mitchell outrank her right from the start and they should promote Sheppard now to ensure that he outranks her on Atlantis.
                    Because their track record at male characters is so much better

Comment

Because their track record at male characters is so much better
                      Yes! Jack,Daniel,Teal'c,Hammond, Bray'tak, Jacob...all excellent well rounded characters with good back stories.

So far Janet has been the only female character to be consistently written well and they killed her off!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes! Jack,Daniel,Teal'c,Hammond, Bray'tak, Jacob...all excellent well rounded characters with good back stories.
                        Dumb!Jack, Action!Jackson and Wallpaper!Teal'c. I'm sensing some great character development there.

Comment

Dumb!Jack, Action!Jackson and Wallpaper!Teal'c. I'm sensing some great character development there.
                          Ooooohhhh yyyeeeeessss Action Jackson...sigh, sorry had a real fan girl moment then. I love action Jackson, such wonderful character development from geeky Daniel to the man we see holding a gun,fighting, being a real leader, killing Gou'ld, saving lives, getting the girl...oh wait... that's the same Daniel we saw in the movie.

Dumb Jack was RDA'd idea wasn't it?

Teal'c has always been underused.

Carter has gone from token female with push up bra and dyed hair to token female with push up bra and dyed hair.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ooooohhhh yyyeeeeessss Action Jackson...sigh, sorry had a real fan girl moment then. I love action Jackson, such wonderful character development from geeky Daniel to the man we see holding a gun,fighting, being a real leader, killing Gou'ld, saving lives, getting the girl...oh wait... that's the same Daniel we saw in the movie.
                            So basically, he's a Marty Stu. Geek becomes action hero and gets a girl. Wow, real original there and sounds like something that 12yo boy might want. And Teal'c has always been underused hey? Well guess that aint so good writing after all then So much for well written male characters then.

And dyed hair? You're really reaching on that one. Which is a quite a bit considering how much you usually are.

Comment

So basically, he's a Marty Stu. Geek becomes action hero and gets a girl. Wow, real original there and sounds like something that 12yo boy might want. And Teal'c has always been underused hey? Well guess that aint so good writing after all then So much for well written male characters then.

And dyed hair? You're really reaching on that one. Which is a quite a bit considering how much you usually are.
                              So tell me, do you think that Carters hair is natural? An odd look, don't you think, the way she dyes the roots dark so often, quite strange that. I have seen that 'style' a few times, but it usually means that the persons colour is growing out. Maybe going through the stargate turns your parting brown? Actually, that could be right, I seem to remember Daniel being bleached blond with dark roots too some years ago.

And when they stopped going through the 'gate so often Jack went grey and Teal'c grew hair!!!!

My god, they should have gotten extra pay to spend on hair products.
                              sigpic

Comment

So tell me, do you think that Carters hair is natural? An odd look, don't you think, the way she dyes the roots dark so often, quite strange that. I have seen that 'style' a few times, but it usually means that the persons colour is growing out. Maybe going through the stargate turns your parting brown? Actually, that could be right, I seem to remember Daniel being bleached blond with dark roots too some years ago.

And when they stopped going through the 'gate so often Jack went grey and Teal'c grew hair!!!!

My god, they should have gotten extra pay to spend on hair products.

I've heard the talking points about Carter's hair, but I've yet to see these dark roots myself. So, can you name one episode where I can see actually see them?

In the first year and a half of the show, RDA's hair was dyed - very badly. There were some remarks about it, but not quite the same kind of remarks those who dislike Sam now make about her.

Furthermore, my hair color is not my natural hair color, and yes, occasionally my darker roots show a bit (right before I get it done again). Do you have an issue with people who color their hair or something? Is that indicative for you of them trying to sex themelves up?

If Browder' character had outranked Carter, he would appear to be every more silly than he has. IMO, the writing for Cam Mitchell is very bad, embarrassingly so....starting with the name.

Comment

Working...
                                X