This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
    Their ships are bigger than the one I made. They have several decks and are by no means small.

That being said, my ship wouldn't house that many people. At least, it wasn't meant to. The only habitable part of the ship would be the front of it. Everything past the weapons systems in the neck would only have access for servicing and maintenance.

It wouldn't have a very big crew.
    Ah, that makes more sense. The look of the ship suggests a larger size.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I restarted my original ship.

Spoiler:

Not sure about the centre portion yet. It looks a little tall, but I think I will leave it like that.

Those missing chunk from the centre are going to be the windows for the bridge...

I still need to add the bottom of the front section.

I think that I might take parts of my bomber model and incorporate them into this. Mainly the weapon systems and perhaps the engines.
      Last edited by Finger13; 22 December 2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

in the fleet, the Travellers allied with us. we gave em ships, they gave us resources and help

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          in the fleet, the Travellers allied with us. we gave em ships, they gave us resources and help
          ...where'd they get these resources?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            ...where'd they get these resources?
            Project Hespasteus, like an industrial version of the Manhatan Project, exctracsts metals from the core of a planet.

Comment

wouldnt that be project hefaistos [after the greek god blacksmith?]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                wouldnt that be project hefaistos [after the greek god blacksmith?]
                I feel stupid now that I realise I've been reading the name of that thing wrong in every HH book I've finished.

Comment

I think you both mean Hephaestus.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                    I think you both mean Hephaestus.
                    I think you rright!

Comment

Yeah lol, whats this idea then? using beam tech to mine the core of planets? Its a nice idea.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Haha, I'm getting a kick out of all the festive signatures.

Here's a small update on the detailing. I'm being lazy and just using bevel to do it all, but it's quick and looks fine enough IMO. I will do some other detailing afterwards, but this will be the bulk of it.

Spoiler:

Comment

Too much detail is bad, makes sresspoints in the armor plating.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Yeah lol, whats this idea then? using beam tech to mine the core of planets? Its a nice idea.
                          Yep. It just sort of hit me one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Too much detail is bad, makes sresspoints in the armor plating.
                            The whole ship isn't going to look like that, just portions. It's boring to look at a slab of metal. And besides, the textures often used in modelling show panelling no larger than a few metres.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Too much detail is bad, makes stress points in the armor plating.
                              There is never enough detail, have I not proven that yet.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                                There is never enough detail, have I not proven that yet.
                                Nope. Far as I'm concerned, detail only belongs where it's not in the way of armor intergrity.

Comment

Working...
                                X