Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel has posted another lovely story on FF

First

Wonderful piece (love all her stuff) about first moments for Jack and Sam.
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Liz, and I'm new here.

I was wondering if you could help me please. I'm looking for two great fics, which were on the samandjackforever site, but since it has closed, I can't find them anywhere!

One was about Sam being hurt and in a coma for a while, and it was called "breakable" by Soleya. I did find it on fanfiction.net, but it was not the complete, mature version. I looked on the samandjack.net site, and on the sg1-heliopolis.com site, and I couldn't find it.

Another one was when Jack was infected by a virus, and Sam wanting to help him. It was called "Above and Beyond" by JenCamp, at least I think it's the right fic...

Can someone help me please?

Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz86000 View Post

I was wondering if you could help me please. I'm looking for two great fics, which were on the samandjackforever site, but since it has closed, I can't find them anywhere!

One was about Sam being hurt and in a coma for a while, and it was called "breakable" by Soleya. I did find it on fanfiction.net, but it was not the complete, mature version. I looked on the samandjack.net site, and on the sg1-heliopolis.com site, and I couldn't find it.

Another one was when Jack was infected by a virus, and Sam wanting to help him. It was called "Above and Beyond" by JenCamp, at least I think it's the right fic...

Liz
        Hi Liz and welcome to the forum. I used to post over there as well before it went down, and I do recall the JenCamp story you refer to (At least I think it was hers). I did a search on livejournal and AO3 but I couldn't find anything. You came to the right place though. People here are miracle workers with fic searches
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
          Hi Liz and welcome to the forum. I used to post over there as well before it went down, and I do recall the JenCamp story you refer to (At least I think it was hers). I did a search on livejournal and AO3 but I couldn't find anything. You came to the right place though. People here are miracle workers with fic searches
          Thanks for answering! Let's hope someone will be able to help!

Comment

Liz

I can't find either of those anywhere online, either. I've got word doc copies of both, though, I'd be happy to send you. You don't have PM capabilities, but you can email me through my website and then you don't have to post your email address for everybody to see.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
              I can't find either of those anywhere online, either. I've got word doc copies of both, though, I'd be happy to send you. You don't have PM capabilities, but you can email me through my website and then you don't have to post your email address for everybody to see.
              I'd love a copy of both too (if you could? pretty please with blue jello on top? hehe)
              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Liz
                Hello and welcome!

Sounds like amaradangeli is the solution to your problem, but I am also going to offer up Pol's complied fic page with its compressed files for download which I'm pretty sure has JenCamp's story in one of those files, and you may enjoy discovering some of the older vanished fics as well.
                sigpic
                My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
                  Hello and welcome!

Sounds like amaradangeli is the solution to your problem, but I am also going to offer up Pol's complied fic page with its compressed files for download which I'm pretty sure has JenCamp's story in one of those files, and you may enjoy discovering some of the older vanished fics as well.
                  I took advantage of Pol's compilations a while back and that was excellent - so many of those aren't available online anymore. Thank goodness someone did that! I've taken to saving works I really enjoy now so that I can have them. Plus I sort them by category so it's easy for me to find the answer when someone is (or I am) looking for a specific fic.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                    I took advantage of Pol's compilations a while back and that was excellent - so many of those aren't available online anymore. Thank goodness someone did that! I've taken to saving works I really enjoy now so that I can have them. Plus I sort them by category so it's easy for me to find the answer when someone is (or I am) looking for a specific fic.
                    That makes you awesome. Thanks again for sending fics

Comment

Hi Amara!

I let you a message on your site. Hope it worked! In the mean time, I'll let my mail here (and delete it very soon, ok?).
                      Could you please send those two fics to me?? Here is my mail:

<E-mail snipped by Moderator >

Thank you so much everyone for answering me SO quickly! You're an awesome bunch of people!
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 August 2012, 08:32 AM. Reason: Done.:)

Comment

Ok, Amara, go them!
                        Thank you!

Btw, I can't modify my former message to delete my mail... And I thought I was not that bad with computers! *roll eyes* If an administrator or someone can help me with that, it would be nice, thanks!

Comment

Hi Liz86000 and welcome!

I see that you've mentioned your email address here and while I understand your reasoning, I would suggest you post a bit more in other (non-off topic) threads to get over your probie status otherwise you won't be able to edit your posts!
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            Hi Liz86000 and welcome!

I see that you've mentioned your email address here and while I understand your reasoning, I would suggest you post a bit more in other (non-off topic) threads to get over your probie status otherwise you won't be able to edit your posts!
                            Ohhh, that's why I can't delete it. Ok, thanks!

Comment

It won't take long for you to get the ability to do that, but the off-topic threads are a great place to raise your post count. It's somewhere in the 20s if memory serves...

Comment

*Waves hi*
                                E-address is snipped.
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X