No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right folks, I've got one for you guys... Both a rec and a question!

I recently re-discovered Mabyn's "My Andromeda". It's a completed story on fanfiction.net, and can be read here.

That said, there is a sequel, titled "My Perseus". It is NOT complete. I didn't know this when I started reading it, so I hit the last of the posted chapters and was like "REALLY?!?!" And it hasn't been updated since 2007, so I doubt she's looking to come back to it any time soon.

Her profile page mentioned that FF.net was giving her some trouble with uploading chapters, so she was posting some of the new Perseus chapters on her fictionpress.com page-- which apparently no longer exists.

So does anyone know if it was ever completed, and if so, is there a copy of the completed fic floating around out there?

Comment

I've just read this fic and I think it is good: Same Time Next Year

sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

Great story! Thanks for the rec. I've always loved Noda's fic and was really happy to find a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

That was fantastic! Thanks for the rec!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I think this fic was just mentioned, but I can't find it! All I remember is, at the beginning of the fic, they're in the gateroom getting ready to go, and Sam's pack is bugging her, and she kicks it.
            Helpful, right?
            Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
              I think this fic was just mentioned, but I can't find it! All I remember is, at the beginning of the fic, they're in the gateroom getting ready to go, and Sam's pack is bugging her, and she kicks it.
              Helpful, right?
              Any ideas?
              Sounds like my second fic, The Wizard of Mazd
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I liked this very short oneshot Falling by elly427. Very sweet.

I'm also rereading a lot of indie's stuff, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed her writing (like her miniclone series or this short gem: Mind the Gap).

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Sounds like my second fic, The Wizard of Mazd
                  Dang straight! I've been reading through a pile'o'fic on my eReader, going A-Z through the titles, and knew it was an 'end of the alphabet' fic LOL Thanks so much!!
                  Last edited by canadianfolk; 15 July 2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    <snip>And then there's one where Jack's being grumpy, and he's ticked at Sam and when they end up having to stay on the planet longer than expected, he sends Sam back to tell Hammond, alone. It takes her until past nightfall for her to make it back to where the rest have set up camp, and while Jack is still his grumpy self, Teal'c and Daniel share their condolences for his behavior by giving her candy bars and stuff, which is nice but doesn't really help the brewing illness. <snip>
                    Did we find an author/title for this one? IIrc, nudges and breaks a rib. I don't want to give away the ending to anyone who hasn't read it but I don't see how to hide some of my post

Comment

Did we find an author/title for this one? IIrc, nudges and breaks a rib. I don't want to give away the ending to anyone who hasn't read it but I don't see how to hide some of my post
                      The broken rib is actually "Deadly Legacy", by Sally Reeve and Marcy.

It's quite good, though for me it kind of plods around the middle. Just a difference in personal writing style, I guess.

Comment

Thanks... maybe there's another broken rib one... the solution involves the Asgard, which A Deadly Legacy doesn't.

Comment

Did we find an author/title for this one?

IIrc, nudges and breaks a rib. I don't want to give away the ending to anyone who hasn't read it but I don't see how to hide some of my post
                          That's part of "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve, if I remember correctly. However, Jack didn't accidentally break one of Sam's ribs in this one.

If you want to PM me the ending of the one you're looking for, I'll see if it rings any bells.

Comment

Originally Posted by selene0789
                            <snip>And then there's one where Jack's being grumpy, and he's ticked at Sam and when they end up having to stay on the planet longer than expected, he sends Sam back to tell Hammond, alone. It takes her until past nightfall for her to make it back to where the rest have set up camp, and while Jack is still his grumpy self, Teal'c and Daniel share their condolences for his behavior by giving her candy bars and stuff, which is nice but doesn't really help the brewing illness. <snip>
                            Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            The broken rib is actually "Deadly Legacy", by Sally Reeve and Marcy.
                            It's quite good, though for me it kind of plods around the middle. Just a difference in personal writing style, I guess.
                            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            That's part of "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve, if I remember correctly. However, Jack didn't accidentally break one of Sam's ribs in this one.
                            If you want to PM me the ending of the one you're looking for, I'll see if it rings any bells.
                            I concur - the first part is definitely from "A second chance" by Sally Reeve and the broken ribs one is "A deadly legacy" by Sally Reeve. Here are the links:

A second chance

A deadly legacy
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I know this is the fic rec thread, but it seems to have become also the fic search thread of late, so here I am asking about one.

Season 6. The Carter family has a mountain house they go to on occasion. Jack and Sam have escaped together for a retreat right at Thanksgiving. Jacob is offworld and they think they'll have the place to themselves.

While there, Jacob (who has returned to earth unexpectedly), Hammond, Jonas Quinn (whom they've decided to invite along), and one of Hammond's granddaughters (or maybe both) show up at the house for Thanksgiving. None of them know (nor does anyone else) that Sam and Jack have been involved. Hammond's granddaughter catches s/j in the same bed, but they swear her to secrecy.

Later, they've gone skiing, but there's a snow slide/avalance and Sam and Jonas get caught in it and stuck in an ice cave from which they have to be rescued. While trapped, a large bear shows up and is threatening them.

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile and can't find it. Does anyone recognize it? I think I got the details fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I know this is the fic rec thread, but it seems to have become also the fic search thread of late, so here I am asking about one.

Season 6. The Carter family has a mountain house they go to on occasion. Jack and Sam have escaped together for a retreat right at Thanksgiving. Jacob is offworld and they think they'll have the place to themselves.

While there, Jacob (who has returned to earth unexpectedly), Hammond, Jonas Quinn (whom they've decided to invite along), and one of Hammond's granddaughters (or maybe both) show up at the house for Thanksgiving. None of them know (nor does anyone else) that Sam and Jack have been involved. Hammond's granddaughter catches s/j in the same bed, but they swear her to secrecy.

Later, they've gone skiing, but there's a snow slide/avalance and Sam and Jonas get caught in it and stuck in an ice cave from which they have to be rescued. While trapped, a large bear shows up and is threatening them.

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile and can't find it. Does anyone recognize it? I think I got the details fairly accurate.
                                Don't think I've read anything like that.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X