Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    What, it's not as if they were talking for days on end. And realistically, subspace transmission should almost always be hampered by radiation and all other manner of interference out there that the signal has to tunnel through. Why it isn't in sci-fi is beyond me... but my guess is that a message from several galaxies away would (realistically) be completely distorted, no matter how small.
    It just seems like such a total waste of time- it's so stupid, why even send it if it means nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      It just seems like such a total waste of time- it's so stupid, why even send it if it means nothing?
      I agree completely. But this is Stargate, and it's So9's story, so we gotta play along and believe that it will all make sense in the end.

Fact of life my friend.
      Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

What, you don't call ahead to let your friends and family know you're coming for a visit? Jeeze, how rude...
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't think that it was a useless message. It's a signal that all hope isn't lost and that when he returns, things can change for the better.

Comment

...and now as to why the message is not pointless:

A "Sojourn" ends in shocking revelation!
            The Lantean scientist Janus has traveled through time and space for years, ever-striving to map the continuum and unlock all its secrets. A journey that began in the Pegasus Galaxy alongside the brilliant Pandora has wound its way to all corners of the known universe, but through it all, the Ancient explorer has gone on alone, wandering the traverse with only his ship to remind him that something else exists out there. But after the Fall of Earth, he allowed the young prodigy Jason Carter to join him on one last great adventure, though for what reason, no one knows.

It has been more than a year since the two struck out for the unknown, but when a beaten Lantean cruiser emerges from hyperspace over the Beta Site, it is clear that this epic odyssey has come to an end. When the ship's airlock is opened, though, the team is in for the surprise of a lifetime; Janus's travels have yielded what is perhaps the ultimate "weapon"; a complete catalogue of time itself. An even stranger revelation, however, waits within the messenger himself...

"Sojourn" will guest star ______ _____ as Jason Carter and Gildart Jackson as Janus.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Great episode. I did find one problem with it though. In "Earthfall" it was stated that Gen. O'Neill met up with other refugees from Cheyenne Mountain before he was captured. Here is the specific quote:

He explains that in the days he spent on Earth before he was captured, he managed to make contact with some survivors out near Cheyenne Mountain,
              Otherwise it was terrific.

It did mean something. It told the team that Jason was returning. He probably could not send anything more than that because he was so far away.

Dr. Daedalus
              God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
              Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                Great episode. I did find one problem with it though. In "Earthfall" it was stated that Gen. O'Neill met up with other refugees from Cheyenne Mountain before he was captured. Here is the specific quote:
                I knew I forgot something from O'Neill's story... *sigh* hold on.

Comment

excellent work s09119, Have read them all now and have enjoyed every single episode
                  Better the devil you know than the devil you dont

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    What, you don't call ahead to let your friends and family know you're coming for a visit? Jeeze, how rude...
                    I prefer to take them by surprise.

A map of time is a dagnerous thing, for in the SG verse time isn't static, it changes, simply by knowing there is a pre determined course to take, it may change.

Comment

I prefer to take them by surprise.

A map of time is a dagnerous thing, for in the SG verse time isn't static, it changes, simply by knowing there is a pre determined course to take, it may change.
                      Oh, I'm well-aware of that

Comment

Love the new pisodee!
                        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

great episode, and im guessing that efficient race holding back the derkal are the Acrelans? lol and will we see vala any time soon?
                          Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                            great episode, and im guessing that efficient race holding back the derkal are the Acrelans? lol and will we see vala any time soon?
                            I believe that the episode stated that another race had joined the Der'Kal against the Alliance. I think that race is the Aschen.

Dr. Daedalus
                            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                              I believe that the episode stated that another race had joined the Der'Kal against the Alliance. I think that race is the Aschen.

Dr. Daedalus
                              yeah but didnt "time traveler" episode say that the aschen were absorbing worlds into their confederation in defnece against the derkal?
                              Captain Simms

Comment

And the Aschen would never lie about their intentions.

Comment

Working...
                                X