Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    Reading Dune should be a requirement for anyone who's "into" science fiction. You won't be disappointed, but watch out for face dancers. They're a tricky bunch.
    I'd argue that Foundation is the requirement, but that'd be arguing semantics, given how highly-regarded both Asimov and Herbert are.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      I'd argue that Foundation is the requirement, but that'd be arguing semantics, given how highly-regarded both Asimov and Herbert are.
      Good to know I read both.

Comment

Is it better "To Have Loved and Lost" than to never have loved at all?
        Take a trip down memory lane with SG-1! Taking place in the weeks after the fall of the Tau'ri, Stargate's iconic 300th episode follows the still-hopeful Samantha Carter, Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Vala Mal Doran, and Teal'c as they struggle to find their place in the universe. From the devastated wastes of Earth to the hallowed halls of Chulak and the yet-untouched wilds of the Beta Site, witness the untold story of the Alliance in the days following its darkest hour.

And through it all, one question weighs heavily on the minds of the galaxies greatest heroes; was it better to step through that event horizon so many, many years ago? To turn that staff weapon against your comrades in the name of freedom? To dare to dream that you could change the galaxy and strike down beings of unfathomable power? Were the members of SG-1, be they past or present, right in their decisions to take up the "good fight," or would the whole of existence have been better off had they never joined at all?

"To Have Loved and Lost" will guest star Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran, Christopher Judge as Teal'c, and others.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

And Rendezvous with Rama. Some don't seem to appreciate it, but I love it and can re-read it ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            And Rendezvous with Rama. Some don't seem to appreciate it, but I love it and can re-read it ad infinitum.
            And my personal favorite book of all time (which I preach like the Bible) Ender's Game. Orson Scott Card is a god-damn genius when it comes to reaching into your soul and making you love his characters...

Comment

While we're arguing sci-fi books, may I humbly offer Timothy Zahn? AKA, one of the greatest sci-fi writers of our time?

Also, while his science is not the smoothest, C. S. Lewis' science fiction trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength) contains some other excellent material that makes it worth the read. (unless you only like hard-sci-fi)
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                While we're arguing sci-fi books, may I humbly offer Timothy Zahn? AKA, one of the greatest sci-fi writers of our time?

Also, while his science is not the smoothest, C. S. Lewis' science fiction trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength) contains some other excellent material that makes it worth the read. (unless you only like hard-sci-fi)
                I thought Timothy Zahn was a member of a research team sent to explore the Beta Site's planet?

Comment

I thought Timothy Zahn was a member of a research team sent to explore the Beta Site's planet?
                  I was just going to say "Wasent there a Timothy Zahn mentioned in the story" and well if they wanted Earths best....
                  This isn't Atlantis?
                  I don't think so.
                  If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

*Puts s09 in a trebuchet and launches him into orbit.*

Comment

Great episode. Loved the beaver reference.

Dr. Daedalus
                      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Good ep, loved every minute of it. And Cant wait for the next ep !

Keep up the good work s09119

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          Subscribed . . . . Looks like I have some reading to do
                          Let me be the first to say welcome to the addiction that is s09119's master pieces!

Also i missed the beaver refrence, where abouts is it?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

End of middle post, I think.
                            Originally posted by Craig Charles
                            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Are we going to see Cam in the 300th episode?
                              which episode was it that Vala got crushed by the rock slide? if you read that then cam can't be dead. i just remembered this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
                                Are we going to see Cam in the 300th episode?
                                which episode was it that Vala got crushed by the rock slide? if you read that then cam can't be dead. i just remembered this fact.
                                No, the episode takes place just after the Battle of Earth, before Carter becomes so dark and brooding, before Daniel heads offworld to try and find a way to win the war, before Vala heads out into the galaxy to rally more people to their cause. The only reason you see Jack is because part of it will look at what he did after escaping Washington, and Teal'c will be there to comfort the refugees while they're on Chulak. But Cameron won't magically be popping up from nowhere; the battle's over, but that doesn't mean his F-302 is going to just fix itself and undo that crash.

And in "The Higher Planes," Madonna said that it was Oma and Ganos Lal's dying wishes to see SG-1 protected, but that doesn't mean they're going to do it. She convinced the Ascended to give Vala a second chance, but that was when it was just here dying; to give Mitchell the same thing when millions of others died that day and don't get the chance just wouldn't be fair. And you know how the Ancients are about fairness...

Comment

Working...
                                X