Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aintright View Post
    where did you find??

i live about 45 minutes out of town but, me and the boy would love to have a place to crash on Saturday night!! so we don't have to head all the way home!!

teehee!!
    If you don't mind sharing there's a Live Journal community for people looking for roommates. You don't have to join LJ as many people give their e-mail addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
      I just called the hotel to confirm the reservations. I made them on hotels.com and just wanted to check and see if they had it. I also got us an early check in and found out that they will hold our bags for us. Still have to figure out where we are leaving our bags after check out.
      Originally posted by hollie54208 View Post
      I was at DC last year and it is VERY common for them to hold bags both before and after checkout.
      I've heard they will do that. It's customary to tip a dollar or two per bag & they are put in a room behind or near the front desk.

Comment

I see they just added David Nykl to the guest list.
        sigpic

Comment

Yay! I always wanted to meet David Nykl! Now I am really looking forward to Dragon Con.

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
            I am very excited by this announcement! Been wanting to see David for a while now. Zelenka!
            sigpic

Comment

I just mapped the route from my hotel to the con. I will be putting some miles in during Dragon Con. Luckily 3 of the hotels are really close. The Hilton is across the street from the Marriott Marquis. The Marriott Marquis has a tubeway to the Hyatt. So hoping that the Stargate stuff is in one of those hotels. If not more walking for me. The junk that I eat will be burned off by all of the walking.

Comment

The Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt are all connected, I stayed in the Marriott and didn't go outside for the 5days I was there...not my best idea in retrospect but this year I'm in the Westin so I'll see the outside LoL

Comment

Originally posted by SwimChicSQ View Post
                  The Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt are all connected, I stayed in the Marriott and didn't go outside for the 5days I was there...not my best idea in retrospect but this year I'm in the Westin so I'll see the outside LoL
                  Will be around! LOL! We are stuck in a non con hotel. It is not even an overflow hotel. So I am going to start doing laps around the mall on my short work days. I hope that will build my walking endurance and maybe help me loose some more weight.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                    I just mapped the route from my hotel to the con. I will be putting some miles in during Dragon Con. Luckily 3 of the hotels are really close. The Hilton is across the street from the Marriott Marquis. The Marriott Marquis has a tubeway to the Hyatt. So hoping that the Stargate stuff is in one of those hotels. If not more walking for me. The junk that I eat will be burned off by all of the walking.
                    According to their tweet, the Stargate track has been moved to the Westin this year.

SGMTrack Stargate Multiverse
                    The @SGMTrack has been moved to the Westin for #DragonCon2011. We will post more as our track and panel rooms are assigned this summer.
                    21 Mar
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SwimChicSQ View Post
                      Maybe not so much as they've moved the Stargate track to the Westin this year.
                      sigpic

Comment

SGMTrack Stargate Multiverse
                        The @SGMTrack has been moved to the Westin for #DragonCon2011. We will post more as our track and panel rooms are assigned this summer.
                        21 Mar

That will mean alot of walking for me! Starting training tomorrow after work!

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                          Aw, maaaan!

I have to stop coming in this thread unless I'm going.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Going to hope that I can handle all of the walking. I am going to start doing laps around the mall to train for dragon con. Aren't the dealers' rooms in the Marriot??

Comment

I had a hard time figuring out what was a dealer room and what was something different. Most of them are in the Marriott I think. The art stuff was in Hyatt and there was some other vendor-y stuff outside the Walk of Fame in the Hilton. Either way LOTS of walking. Also, if you are sensitive the sun, there are some lines that go outside. If you are going to be in the special needs lines, those are all inside though.
                              ______________________________________________________________
                              Conventions in 2011

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural
                              August - Boston - Supernatural
                              August - Chicago - Stargate
                              September - Chicago - Star Trek
                              October - Chicago - Supernatural
                              November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
                              March - Burbank - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hollie54208 View Post
                                I had a hard time figuring out what was a dealer room and what was something different. Most of them are in the Marriott I think. The art stuff was in Hyatt and there was some other vendor-y stuff outside the Walk of Fame in the Hilton. Either way LOTS of walking. Also, if you are sensitive the sun, there are some lines that go outside. If you are going to be in the special needs lines, those are all inside though.
                                Thanks for the information. My best friend was in a really bad car accident. We are going to rent a scooter for her because we are about a Mile away from the con at our hotel. I hope that they let groups with special needs go into the line together. I am going to be walking and hope that they will allow me in at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X