No announcement yet.

DragonCon 2011 (25th Anniversary!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, got my tickets. what a great savings.

Comment

which is a bigger event, dragon con or comic con, which i have never been to?

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        I'm betting its Comic-Con. Never been there, but it's supposed to be even bigger than D*C and have more guests.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_post18 View Post
          Booked our flights today! Have been watching Delta since before Christmas and they finally dropped the price by $150 today. Totally ordered those things. Same price as last year so I am happy (given the increase in the cost of gas lately.) I doubt they will get cheaper and if they do, it can't be by much or Delta would be losing money. LOL.

149 days left!
          What's a more usual price? Not that I will be able to attend DragonCon. Sometimes I just dream. Since I'm already in the USA the weekend before. And with the help of the hopefully coming soon lottery win...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
            What's a more usual price? Not that I will be able to attend DragonCon. Sometimes I just dream. Since I'm already in the USA the weekend before. And with the help of the hopefully coming soon lottery win...
            Prices had been well over $300 for a long time, they finally dropped to around $180RT for me which is pretty normal for Detroit-Atlanta.

If you are interested in coming, we still have one space in our hotel room at the Hyatt! You are more than welcome to join us. (Dianna from Chicago will also be there, along with me and Mum, & LJR02!)

Oh, and Joe will be there too!
            sigpic

Comment

Booked our flights today! Have been watching Delta since before Christmas and they finally dropped the price by $150 today. Totally ordered those things. Same price as last year so I am happy (given the increase in the cost of gas lately.) I doubt they will get cheaper and if they do, it can't be by much or Delta would be losing money. LOL.

149 days left!
              Thanks for the heads up! I was going to drive, but it turned out actually cheaper to fly. I ended up paying $150 from Charlotte, and between the parking fees at the Marriott and the gas it's cheaper to fly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                I'm betting its Comic-Con. Never been there, but it's supposed to be even bigger than D*C and have more guests.
                Well, in terms of attendance (& guests I suppose) Comic Con is bigger. About 40,000 went to D-con last year and about 100,000 went to Comic Con.

In terms of stuff going on people who have been to both say D-con as more. In addition to the guest & panels, there's gaming, parties, costume contest & movie screenings. Plus, according to people who have been to both, Comic Con is more about people trying to sell you stuff & Dragon Con is more about people getting together & having fun.

Comment

Hey all, sadly my room mate had to bale on me so I'm looking for a roommate for the Westin, if anybody needs a roomspace or knows so one one is looking give me a holler please. I plan to check in Thursday and leave on Monday, it's a pretty good deal at 220 for all four nights.

Comment

Prices had been well over $300 for a long time, they finally dropped to around $180RT for me which is pretty normal for Detroit-Atlanta.

If you are interested in coming, we still have one space in our hotel room at the Hyatt! You are more than welcome to join us. (Dianna from Chicago will also be there, along with me and Mum, & LJR02!)

Oh, and Joe will be there too!
                    Thanks for the kind offer. But like last year there are just too many cons. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Amazing, how many people are going with their mothers to a con. Guess we will never be too old for such things? Lucky us.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm officially going now. Airtran has a decent sale right now too if you buy by april 14th. Milwaukee to Atlanta is under $200. I still have to drive from Green Bay to Milwaukee but parking and gas still is less than the 350 Delta would charge me to fly all the way to ATL!
                      ______________________________________________________________
                      Conventions in 2011

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
                      April - Vancouver - Stargate
                      June - Nashville - Supernatural
                      August - Boston - Supernatural
                      August - Chicago - Stargate
                      September - Chicago - Star Trek
                      October - Chicago - Supernatural
                      November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
                      March - Burbank - Supernatural
                      April - Vancouver - Stargate
                      June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey guys! I am wondering if any of you are going in SG apparel? I'm going as Carter and looking for a good pair of stilts and hoping to find some other SG-1 teammates to hang out with. I know I'll run into people just being on the SGMT, but I'd love to get a group together with all of the pertinent players, at least for some of the events. Send me a PM if you are at all interested. I can't wait!!

Also, if any of you have any connections to the admin of the dragon con forum, could you poke them gently and see if they are alive? My registration has been pending approval for over a month now.
                        Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 11 April 2011, 11:24 AM.
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Minor question. Is it OK to ask the guests at the table or whatever for autographs for friends? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but... I had to ask because I have a friend I'd like to get Amanda's auto for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            Minor question. Is it OK to ask the guests at the table or whatever for autographs for friends? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but... I had to ask because I have a friend I'd like to get Amanda's auto for.
                            I had things signed for other people quite a few times. You just need to say something like, "This is for my friend Julie, she couldn't be here," etc, etc. Never had any guest mind at all.

I've also had time to ask questions as well (simple ones, especially if there is a line for the star behind you...longer ones if you are the only one there.)

Hope that helps! 137 days to go!
                            sigpic

Comment

I had things signed for other people quite a few times. You just need to say something like, "This is for my friend Julie, she couldn't be here," etc, etc. Never had any guest mind at all.

I've also had time to ask questions as well (simple ones, especially if there is a line for the star behind you...longer ones if you are the only one there.)

Hope that helps! 137 days to go!
                              Thanks, it does help. 137 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by SwimChicSQ View Post
                                Hey all, sadly my room mate had to bale on me so I'm looking for a roommate for the Westin, if anybody needs a roomspace or knows so one one is looking give me a holler please. I plan to check in Thursday and leave on Monday, it's a pretty good deal at 220 for all four nights.
                                You could try the Livejournal for people looking for DragonCon rooms. A lot of people post their e-mail address, so you don't have to join LJ.
                                Last edited by Fan-e-Gate; 18 April 2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X