No announcement yet.

DragonCon 2011 (25th Anniversary!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be kidnapped to Dragon*Con this year! Yay! Now just hoping that things work out that I do get kidnapped by my best friend.

Comment

Looking into coming to Dragon*Con. I might be taking a train to get there. It would be so cool to take an overnight train and get there in the morning. It looks to be the cheapest way to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
        Looking into coming to Dragon*Con. I might be taking a train to get there. It would be so cool to take an overnight train and get there in the morning. It looks to be the cheapest way to get there.
        It might be depending on where you live. From where I am it's 16+ hours and not much cheaper than flying.

Comment

Try to keep an eye out for AirTran, they have really good sales so you can do it for about the same price as the Train from the Baltimore(ish) Area, I took the train my first year cause I only decided to go 13days before while it was fun was a bit of wild experience, but now I go every year I just fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
            It might be depending on where you live. From where I am it's 16+ hours and not much cheaper than flying.
            For me and my best friend it will be about $450 for round trip. That is with a sleeper roomette that includes meals and alot more. It will be an overnight trip and take 13.8 hours. Since it is when we will sleep, it is worth it. Plus side is that we will not have to go through airport security!

Comment

For me and my best friend it will be about $450 for round trip. That is with a sleeper roomette that includes meals and alot more. It will be an overnight trip and take 13.8 hours. Since it is when we will sleep, it is worth it. Plus side is that we will not have to go through airport security!
              sounds like mucho fun!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Plans are in the works for me and VeryAngryStargateFan to come to Dragon Con! Yay! I am currently looking for a hotel. She is going to take care of the con tickets. So if you know of any one in need of some roommates please PM. Thanks!

Comment

I found a hotel room but would love to be in the con hotel. VeryAngryStargateFan has a bad back. So a con hotel would be easier but I found one a 0.78 miles away from the con. Planning on putting some money aside for cabs.

Comment

I found a hotel room but would love to be in the con hotel. VeryAngryStargateFan has a bad back. So a con hotel would be easier but I found one a 0.78 miles away from the con. Planning on putting some money aside for cabs.
                    where did you find??

i live about 45 minutes out of town but, me and the boy would love to have a place to crash on Saturday night!! so we don't have to head all the way home!!

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                      where did you find??

i live about 45 minutes out of town but, me and the boy would love to have a place to crash on Saturday night!! so we don't have to head all the way home!!

teehee!!
                      We are spending from Thursday till Monday at The Georgian Terrace Hotel. It is an historical landmark and was the place that the premier gala for one of my favorite movies Gone With The Wind was held. I think that they have rooms available still. You have to pre pay for your reservation at the Georgian Terrace Hotel. I got the reservation through hotels.com. You might want to try there since your going to have transport. Some of the rooms not in downtown are really cheap.
                      Last edited by griffindorgirl; 25 April 2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

For a frapachino junky or coffee junky like my self, I just found out that the Westin and the Marriott both have Starbucks in the lobby! Yay! I will be able to get my morning caffeine fix!

Comment

I just called the hotel to confirm the reservations. I made them on hotels.com and just wanted to check and see if they had it. I also got us an early check in and found out that they will hold our bags for us. Still have to figure out where we are leaving our bags after check out.

Comment

I was at DC last year and it is VERY common for them to hold bags both before and after checkout.
                            ______________________________________________________________
                            Conventions in 2011

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
                            April - Vancouver - Stargate
                            June - Nashville - Supernatural
                            August - Boston - Supernatural
                            August - Chicago - Stargate
                            September - Chicago - Star Trek
                            October - Chicago - Supernatural
                            November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
                            March - Burbank - Supernatural
                            April - Vancouver - Stargate
                            June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Well we are checking out on Monday, so we are going to leave our bags at the hotel and go to the con. We'll have to go back pick them up. I found out that Rebecca can rent a scooter for a little over $200 for all 5 days. They will deliver it to the hotel and pick it up there. So that is a thing that is off of my mind. Now just have to get the train tickets and con tickets. But Rebecca is getting them as soon as she can.

Comment

I used yahoo maps to map the route from the Georgian Terrace Hotel to the Marriott Marquis. The directions that they give are sucky. Going to use GPS on cell phone plus I will as the hotel concierge for directions. Not going to get lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X