Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Say what???? Since when does Creation offer set tours as it's own convention experience? I'm not sure I like this idea.
    They've done that the past two years...2008 and 2009. In 2008, I had bought a Silver package(only offers reserved seating for Q&A's) and a separate Saturday Set Tour. The only time you need a con ticket is to buy photo ops and autograph tickets

Comment

You can now by a separate ticket from Creation Entertainment for Set tours!
      And you don't have to be in the actual convention to get! But who would want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        They've done that the past two years...2008 and 2009. In 2008, I had bought a Silver package(only offers reserved seating for Q&A's) and a separate Saturday Set Tour. The only time you need a con ticket is to buy photo ops and autograph tickets
        So any Jack or Jill off the street can buy a set tour ticket?
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

So any Jack or Jill off the street can buy a set tour ticket?
          yep

(I had bought the set tour ticket before I decided to buy the Silver package ticket)

Comment

yep

(I had bought the set tour ticket before I decided to buy the Silver package ticket)

What happens if 200 Vancouverites decide they want to go on a set tour? Does that mean that a Gold Ticket holder gets bounced?

Comment

I believe that it is first buy, first serve.

Comment

What happens if 200 Vancouverites decide they want to go on a set tour? Does that mean that a Gold Ticket holder gets bounced?
                There are only so many tickets issued for the time slots issued. I was wondering about that because if there are two buses for each time listed(6:45am and 8:15am) and the seats sell, then what if a Gold or Preferred ticket holder wants to go at that time? Maybe Gary or Adam will read this and respond.

I know that in 2008 my set tour ticket was mailed to me just before the con.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper 1 View Post
                  I believe that it is first buy, first serve.

Good point. But when offered the $200 + for just the set tour, will the Gold ticket person become not so special? Do they have a cut off for the number of people who can be herded through? Maybe I'm beating a dead horse, but something just does not "feel" right with this.

Comment

There are only so many tickets issued for the time slots issued. I was wondering about that because if there are two buses for each time listed(6:45am and 8:15am) and the seats sell, then what if a Gold or Preferred ticket holder wants to go at that time? Maybe Gary or Adam will read this and respond.

I know that in 2008 my set tour ticket was mailed to me just before the con.

I wondered if maybe they'll guesstimate how many tickets were left for the two early slots this year and only sell that amount? I went on the early tour and we definitely had some space this year.
                    The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                    Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Good point. But when offered the $200 + for just the set tour, will the Gold ticket person become not so special? Do they have a cut off for the number of people who can be herded through? Maybe I'm beating a dead horse, but something just does not "feel" right with this.
                      They probably determined the total number of people that could see the sets, subtracted the total number of potential gold ticket holders from that list and then placed the remaining up for sale. It does seem strange that they didn't do this b 4 and have suddenly decided to do it but maybe ticket sales are down because some people have decided to goto Vancouver in July or August and Creation is trying to figure out a way to lure more people away from the summer events.

Comment

Well there are quite a few of us waiting for the cheaper option of convention tickets to go on sale before we decide what else to spend our dwindling dollars on...maybe if they thought of that before trying to attract others from outside they'd have a better idea of how many "fans" actually want to see the sets again...

Usually they have Preferred and Silver up for sale by now don't they?....Maybe Gold not selling as fast since the "75% gone" quoted a few weeks ago...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                          They probably determined the total number of people that could see the sets, subtracted the total number of potential gold ticket holders from that list and then placed the remaining up for sale.
                          Yes, but since Gold and Preferred ticket holders get the set tour as part of their package, but don't actually nominate a tour time until registration then in theory Creation doesn't know how many seats are available on each tour - as I said the two early tours were the least popular this year, but that doesn't mean we won't want them next year!

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Usually they have Preferred and Silver up for sale by now don't they?....Maybe Gold not selling as fast since the "75% gone" quoted a few weeks ago...
                          Deeds xx
                          Yes they did - I bought my preferred ticket for this year at the beginning of October 2008 - and the gold passes had already sold out.
                          I just had a look at the ticket site and the remaining seats available - they do look like they're selling - albeit slowly atm. I guess with all the events in Vancouver next year people will be making decisions about which cons to attend.
                          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

I suspect what is happening is that with the Creation convention, Gatecon, Meet the Man, and the Sanctuary Experience all vying for the same pool of money, the attendee numbers may very well be down this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                              [COLOR="green"]

I guess with all the events in Vancouver next year people will be making decisions about which cons to attend.
                              Or....ditto...

Comment

I do hope those set tour tickets are limited - I'll be a little cynical and say as a gold ticket holder I'm spending enough money and hope it's worth it. Mamasue knows I originally wasn't planning on coming to Vancouver due to the size and price.

That said, a decent part of the fun is meeting up with friends, but still.... In some ways some of the UK cons are better deals for the money.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X