Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just met Jason Mamoa at Collectormania in London today.......he says he may well be bringing the guitar along to Vancouver next year!....\0/ \0/ \0/...

We also had a nice conversation about how beautiful Vancouver was and the fun of travelling around BC....

However I am now officially in love with the most wonderful, gorgeous and incredibly funny Misha Collins!...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Hi and welcome to the thread. I began to lurk on the Vancouver con thread 3 years ago and attended my first con ever, thanks to the welcome and encouragement I got from everyone. I look forward to meeting everyone again who return, and all the new faces that become old friends as we all end up not being able to resist coming back again year after year!

The fan organised location tours are fun, of course newbies are most welcome. I'm happy to visit Stargate locations again and again, well can't help it some times lol! One of my favourite spots is the ABC Country restaurant attached to the Accent Inn, and opposite the Bridge studios. You can enjoy what I think is the yummiest desert ever and you never know, you might see a familiar face!

It's all wonderfully hit and miss as to what you end up having time to see, best laid plans and all that. We'll all get chatting about what people really want to see and then work out the logistics of how many places can be seen with the time available.

This year I ended up taking a couple of people specifically to Queen Elizabeth Park(The Gamekeeper) since it's sort of out on its own. Usually the fan run tours go to the locations that are closer together in North Vancouver and Burnaby so you see more in the time you have.

In 2008 a large group of us made our way to Jack's cabin. That was fun, it was hard trying to keep together though, I think there was about 7 car loads! I know I lost someone following me as it's impossible to really keep up in convoy because of all the intersection lights and the Vancouver traffic can be really bad at times too. This year Annie organised a tour using buses and feet! I'm not that familiar with using transit, as I have to drive everywhere since the transit system isn't really that good once you get out beyond the reach of the Skytrain areas. For some reason the buses travel all around the Lower Mainland first from Braid Skytrain station before they decide to finally get to Maple Ridge. It took my son's friend two hours once for a journey that usually only takes 20/25 mins by car!

Hi DanaLee. We’ll miss you! Gosh, it would have been the 4th year in a row already, same for me! So now who will the “all knowing, all powerful” Canadian corner to take on the 6.15am tour?!

Very much enjoyed the food at ABC. Yummy burger and fries. And it was warm!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hey all - just dropping by to wish Starwanderer.....

HOPE YOU HAD A MARVELOUS DAY TODAY!
        thephoenix77

Comment

I am going to be there. This will be my first Stargate convention and my first visit to Vancouver. I can't wait. My seat id J20.

Comment

Originally posted by katefan View Post
            I am going to be there. This will be my first Stargate convention and my first visit to Vancouver. I can't wait. My seat id J20.
            Hello and welcome! You're gonna have a blast.
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli
            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
              Hey all - just dropping by to wish Starwanderer.....

HOPE YOU HAD A MARVELOUS DAY TODAY!
              Happy Birthday, Kid!!

I can't find my emoticons or I'd send you one. But Happy Belated anyway.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Welcome to the madness... uh, I mean fun.

Comment

Welcome Katefan! You're sure to have an awesome time!
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the thread.

You are on the seating chart, so 'officially' noted as being part of the great bunch of people we have here. Look forward to meeting you, and I can safely say you will have a lot of fun in the land of Stargate. My favourite place in the universe, I'm sure Vancouver will get you too and you'll want to come back again! Happens to all of us!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...couver2010.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday Starwanderer!

Comment

I'm going miss out on soo much if I can't get there. It's like a calling, I want to drop everything and go to Vancouver, especially to meet Jason!
                      "The last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass."

Comment

And from your post number, your very first Gateworld post.

Welcome!!!

You will have a blast. As the convention gets closer, you'll learn about all kinds of aditional fun that Gateworld people have in addition to the regular convention experience. Gateworlders know how to party.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Noooooooooo!! Who am I going to play pranks on this year? There are far too many people who are on to me! I need my co-host for the party so I can do silly things to you while on stage. I'm so completely bummed now.
                          Sorry you're not coming DanaLee. AG: I'm sure we can find someone to play pranks on - I hear Silvercomet loves having people scare and tease her

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                          Very much enjoyed the food at ABC. Yummy burger and fries. And it was warm!!
                          Our defrosting station

Welcome! You'll have heaps of fun - this year was my first on both accounts too.

Originally posted by strivaria View Post
                          Welcome to the madness... uh, I mean fun.
                          No sleep, lots of laughing, crazy pranks and great friends - yep madness just about covers it.

Originally posted by sparkle View Post
                          I'm going miss out on soo much if I can't get there. It's like a calling, I want to drop everything and go to Vancouver, especially to meet Jason!
                          Oh you definitely have to come!!! And bring your little guy again too - he was so much fun!

Gateworlders know how to party.
                          Don't we just!!!

Update from Creation:
                          We are now accepting reservations for those that just want to grab BRIDGE STUDIOS Stargate Set Tour Visits for Saturday April 17th. You do not need to be coming to the convention to get these. We have also launched sales for the exclusive SUNDAY "Norco" Tours hosted by John Smith. The Sunday tours are not part of any convention ticket package and must be ordered separately at the site.

For full details on these new offerings please visit us at: http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm
                          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

Update from Creation:
                            We are now accepting reservations for those that just want to grab BRIDGE STUDIOS Stargate Set Tour Visits for Saturday April 17th. You do not need to be coming to the convention to get these. We have also launched sales for the exclusive SUNDAY "Norco" Tours hosted by John Smith. The Sunday tours are not part of any convention ticket package and must be ordered separately at the site.

For full details on these new offerings please visit us at: http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm
                            Say what???? Since when does Creation offer set tours as it's own convention experience? I'm not sure I like this idea.

Comment

Say what???? Since when does Creation offer set tours as it's own convention experience? I'm not sure I like this idea.
                              Yes I thought the same - didn't you have to have a convention ticket this year in order to go on the set tours?? Curious to know how many tickets they're selling - I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get an early tour ticket at registration because they'd gone to pre sales...
                              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                                Yes I thought the same - didn't you have to have a convention ticket this year in order to go on the set tours?? Curious to know how many tickets they're selling - I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get an early tour ticket at registration because they'd gone to pre sales...
                                It's all about money, isn't it?!?!

I was also under the impression, last year, that you HAD to have a Con ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X