Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation updated the site today adding the location bus tours on Wednesday and Monday @ $199 for either day.

Comment

Hi there.
      Very excited about attending my first convention and exceedingly grateful for that list of local SG-1 sites to explore independently. Hope newbies might be able to join in should a non-Creation tour be arranged. Haven't purchased a pass yet, though, am feeling lucky that it's a quick drive north for me. Still, any recommended stops or SG landmarks along the way up to and across the border will be welcome.
      If someone could explain about those badges that were mentioned a while back that would be helpful as well.
      Thanks and I am looking forward to meeting folks!
      cheers ~
      d

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
        If someone could explain about those badges that were mentioned a while back that would be helpful as well.
        cheers ~
        d
        The badges are really just nametags (using your GW screenname usually) that help other GW'ers identify each other in the crowd that usually shows up for these things. Some folks have been going to these things for so long and so often now that we don't really need them to ID friends, but they still make kind of a neat little record of which cons you've been to if you make a new one each time.

Comment

Here the new template for the GW ID badges.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...IDtemplate.jpg

Comment

Hi there.
            Very excited about attending my first convention and exceedingly grateful for that list of local SG-1 sites to explore independently. Hope newbies might be able to join in should a non-Creation tour be arranged. Haven't purchased a pass yet, though, am feeling lucky that it's a quick drive north for me. Still, any recommended stops or SG landmarks along the way up to and across the border will be welcome.
            cheers ~
            d
            Hi! Welcome to the group.
            This year was my first con, and I think most of us who went on the private tour were newbies so you'd definitely be welcome - just keep an eye on this thread to find out when and where.
            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Thank you Thank you...for the info for helping me to feel welcome!
              cheers ~
              d

Comment

Welcome! I'm not on the thread as much because of school.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  LOL! Where have you been hiding? The new 'faces' on the con thread are not getting the benefit of your wonderful tips about Canada and all things Canadian, such as the above for instance! I could never have adapted to my new life here without your wonderful words of wisdom and knowledge!

Talking about times for the set tours, I've always gone for the 11.15am one. Gives me time to get up a bit later and plenty of time to get from Maple Ridge to Metrotown. If I was staying in the hotel I think I would go at 6.15am, since I know I'll be awake then with not having slept that well because of being in a hotel room. I never sleep well in those!
                  I guess it's time for "old" faces to come out of the woodwork. I let certain "all knowing - all powerful" Canadian convince me to do the 6:15 tour - after Karaoke. It was not easy. Not to mention having to photoshop my pics so I look alive. But it does give you some good downtime to breath. Because it is go man go the entire convention and so worth it.

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                  Sadly, I will not be at the Con this year. It occurs during the hockey playoff and I will be working, and I can't afford to come either.
                  Aren't you hopeful. I know, I shouldn't be talking

My son has become a true Canadian now as far as developing a love of hockey goes and has developed into a Vancouver Canucks fan! He went to see them on Friday playing against Colorado, he was over the moon with going to his first live game. All thanks to my daughter who got him two tickets out of the blue through the company she works for. She found out that her company is one of the Canuck's sponsors, so employees get a chance to buy discounted tickets at times.
                  Welcome to the darkside

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                  I will miss everyone there too!
                  Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                  Hey hon!...hopefully we'll finally meet!!....I'm planning on going too...and am also waiting around for the "cheap seats".....I'm hoping that they put the Silver Ticket seats on sale, which have nothing but your reserved seat at the back.....those were $199 last year.....not sure what the Preferred Tickets went for last year...those are the next down from Gold and have more stuff included in them than the Silver, so I can't help you with that one....

Either way it's going to be fun!...........another Senior DJ Hussy to meet!!...

Deeds xx
                  Sadly I will not be making this my 4th year in a row. Life, too much time away from work and hopefully hockey playoffs will keep me from going. Hey Deeds PM me if your still interested in the ticket. It's D9.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It may be an American holiday but it is a great time to count your blessing and be thankful for family and wonderful friends.... and pig out on turkey and stuffing and mash potatoes and and and ......
                  Last edited by DanaLee; 26 November 2009, 08:30 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post

Hey Deeds PM me if your still interested in the ticket. It's D9.

No I won't need it Dana.....I'll be with Mr Deeds again and we'll be sitting at the back where hopefully he can get an aisle seat and have the room to be comfy......we decided that the "cheap seats" are fine for us now..not bothered about the "extras" to be honest....I'll just use my spare pennies on a couple of photo ops and a couple of specially awaited autographs!...

Thanks again for the offer though hon....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I guess it's time for "old" faces to come out of the woodwork. I let certain "all knowing - all powerful" Canadian convince me to do the 6:15 tour - after Karaoke. It was not easy. Not to mention having to photoshop my pics so I look alive. But it does give you some good downtime to breath. Because it is go man go the entire convention and so worth it.

Sadly I will not be making this my 4th year in a row. Life, too much time away from work and hopefully hockey playoffs will keep me from going. Hey Deeds PM me if your still interested in the ticket. It's D9.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It may be an American holiday but it is a great time to count your blessing and be thankful for family and wonderful friends.... and pig out on turkey and stuffing and mash potatoes and and and ......
                      Noooooooooo!! Who am I going to play pranks on this year? There are far too many people who are on to me! I need my co-host for the party so I can do silly things to you while on stage. I'm so completely bummed now.
                      Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 26 November 2009, 07:28 PM.
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Hi there.
                        cheers ~
                        d
                        Hi and welcome to the thread. I began to lurk on the Vancouver con thread 3 years ago and attended my first con ever, thanks to the welcome and encouragement I got from everyone. I look forward to meeting everyone again who return, and all the new faces that become old friends as we all end up not being able to resist coming back again year after year!

The fan organised location tours are fun, of course newbies are most welcome. I'm happy to visit Stargate locations again and again, well can't help it some times lol! One of my favourite spots is the ABC Country restaurant attached to the Accent Inn, and opposite the Bridge studios. You can enjoy what I think is the yummiest desert ever and you never know, you might see a familiar face!

It's all wonderfully hit and miss as to what you end up having time to see, best laid plans and all that. We'll all get chatting about what people really want to see and then work out the logistics of how many places can be seen with the time available.

This year I ended up taking a couple of people specifically to Queen Elizabeth Park(The Gamekeeper) since it's sort of out on its own. Usually the fan run tours go to the locations that are closer together in North Vancouver and Burnaby so you see more in the time you have.

In 2008 a large group of us made our way to Jack's cabin. That was fun, it was hard trying to keep together though, I think there was about 7 car loads! I know I lost someone following me as it's impossible to really keep up in convoy because of all the intersection lights and the Vancouver traffic can be really bad at times too. This year Annie organised a tour using buses and feet! I'm not that familiar with using transit, as I have to drive everywhere since the transit system isn't really that good once you get out beyond the reach of the Skytrain areas. For some reason the buses travel all around the Lower Mainland first from Braid Skytrain station before they decide to finally get to Maple Ridge. It took my son's friend two hours once for a journey that usually only takes 20/25 mins by car!

Hi DanaLee. We’ll miss you! Gosh, it would have been the 4th year in a row already, same for me! So now who will the “all knowing, all powerful” Canadian corner to take on the 6.15am tour?!

Comment

hehe...y'all have my imagination working overtime. Sounds like all one needs to bring is a pulse to ensure having a good time. Thanks for sharing!
                          cheers ~
                          d

Comment

hehe...y'all have my imagination working overtime. Sounds like all one needs to bring is a pulse to ensure having a good time. Thanks for sharing!
                            cheers ~
                            d
                            A pulse would undoubtedly help
                            Maybe some clean underwear too - it's a long weekend
                            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

In 2008 a large group of us made our way to Jack's cabin. That was fun, it was hard trying to keep together though, I think there was about 7 car loads! I know I lost someone following me as it's impossible to really keep up in convoy because of all the intersection lights and the Vancouver traffic can be really bad at times too. This year Annie organised a tour using buses and feet! I'm not that familiar with using transit, as I have to drive everywhere since the transit system isn't really that good once you get out beyond the reach of the Skytrain areas. For some reason the buses travel all around the Lower Mainland first from Braid Skytrain station before they decide to finally get to Maple Ridge. It took my son's friend two hours once for a journey that usually only takes 20/25 mins by car!

Don't forget the great lunch we had on Burnaby Mountain. I still remember what an awesome time we all had.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Don't forget the great lunch we had on Burnaby Mountain. I still remember what an awesome time we all had.
                                Oh yes, that was good. Good food and good company in 'O'Mally's"! Always worth organising a trip to Horizons.

I took my brother in law there when he visited us from the UK at the end of September, he really enjoyed his meal and the views from up there. Any excuse I get to go I will!

Comment

Working...
                                X