Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Are you offering to be a Kassa farmer?
    Actually I think I'm more suited to distribution
    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
    GateCon Vancouver 2011
    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

thanks,

that sounds like good advice. I will remember to breathe if I get nervouse and go with the flow. I am sure it is going to be way cool.

Comment

Originally posted by starhearted View Post
        Looks like I am going to get the Christopher Heyerdahl meet and greet tickets, but panic is now setting in. Anyone have any ideas on what to expect? I havn't been to a convention before and now I think I might have jumped in too soon. Any suggestions on what is okay to talk about and ideas on how to be calm would be great.

thanks.
        I haven't met Chris, but I have met Colin and he is a very funny, down to earth guy and great to talk with.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          Hi Starhearted. I think I'll get those two...too. Never been to a meet and greet. I'd suggest just letting the guest lead the conversation. After all, they are getting paid for it. And make sure everyone gets a turn to talk. As for being nervous, just remember two things: they are people two, with really cool jobs. And, take deep breaths if the anxiety is really getting to you.
          And I know who has the third bid on those tickets! No not me.

I second AG's suggestions. Maybe think of one thing you'd like to talk to them about in case they're tired and the conversation isn't flowing

Does anyone know what Creation's go ahead is on the meet and greets? I know most of them got cancelled in LA because there was only a few bids.
          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

thanks,

that sounds like good advice. I will remember to breathe if I get nervouse and go with the flow. I am sure it is going to be way cool.
            Chris and Colin are both very friendly and outgoing. I'm sure they'll make you feel comfortable. There's nothing wrong with sitting back and listening either, if you don't have anything to say. If you're looking for something to talk about, ask Colin to do a magic trick. He's quite good at them.
            sigpic

Comment

I feel much calmer now. Thanks everyone for your great advice. I will be sure to have one or two things to ask but mostly just let them lead the conversations. I appreciate all your friendly support and I look forward to meeting all of you at the party and convention.

Thank you

Comment

Looks like I am going to get the Christopher Heyerdahl meet and greet tickets, but panic is now setting in. Anyone have any ideas on what to expect? I havn't been to a convention before and now I think I might have jumped in too soon. Any suggestions on what is okay to talk about and ideas on how to be calm would be great.

thanks.
                Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                I haven't met Chris, but I have met Colin and he is a very funny, down to earth guy and great to talk with.
                Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                Chris and Colin are both very friendly and outgoing. I'm sure they'll make you feel comfortable. There's nothing wrong with sitting back and listening either, if you don't have anything to say. If you're looking for something to talk about, ask Colin to do a magic trick. He's quite good at them.
                I haven't met Colin but have met Chris. He is a sweetheart and very easy to talk to. When you talk to him, he really pays attention to what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Glad to hear you'll be back...
                  Thanks. I'm so far behind on all this stuff. Contemplating deferring my gold ticket to next year and get maybe a silver pass for this year or just go with my gold ticket this year and preorder my gold for next year as well. So much to think about and not so much time left. AHHHHH time to go crazy haven't started packing yet. Maybe not too crazy cuz never know what AG may do she may feed me to something or something.

OOO Finally all caught up for now. Phew that did take a few days. Now to panic and have fun...

Comment

I feel much calmer now. Thanks everyone for your great advice. I will be sure to have one or two things to ask but mostly just let them lead the conversations. I appreciate all your friendly support and I look forward to meeting all of you at the party and convention.

Thank you
                    Like others already said, don't panic. I know, easier said than done. I had a guest encounter with Colin. Yes, he likes doing magic tricks. Just watch out for your stuff (like your spoon, watch or so). He might use it for them.

At my first guest encounter I was way too nervous to say anything (all the more in English). But believe me, there is no real reason for being nervous. So far all the actors I've met are very likable and casual people. Not really different from us 'normal' people.

Quite frankly? I still don't say much in a guest encounter. When I have a question or something to say, I do so. Otherwise I don't. After all I'm not in a guest encounter to hear me talking all the time. And there are other people as well.

Besides, so far all the guests had interesting stories to tell. It's great to just listen to them and 45 or 60 minutes pass by way too quick. Some of them asked a question at the beginning (where everybody lives and things like that). It's really a pretty relaxed meeting.

So, just enjoy it, have fun. I'm sure it will be a special event for you.

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
                    AHHHHH time to go crazy haven't started packing yet.
                    Already? Huh, maybe I should start with the panic mood, too?
                    sigpic

Comment

Bumping this forward.

Fan Party at the Holiday Inn (4405 CENTRAL BLVD, Burnaby) - Wednesday, April 14th beginning at 7:00PM or right after Registration. I'm still working on the cost which will be determined by the number of attendees.

Fan Party Attendee List:

Arctic Goddess
                      mamasue9
                      Kathryn
                      Bikerchic1977 +1
                      Nynaeve69
                      Silvercomet
                      GateMedic
                      Krisz
                      AnnieS
                      Lea +2
                      Jack's CSM
                      COL Mike
                      doublecut
                      Sappho
                      McGillionFan +1
                      Vala-Mal-Doran
                      ooryl2 +1
                      Patricia Lee + 1
                      Starhearted
                      MylittleEli (+1?)
                      Lea +5
                      Nicky
                      Starwanderer

To add your name to the list, just click the "Reply with Quote" tab, add your name (with color and bold), then remove the quote tags at the beginning and end of the quoted post.
                      Starwanderer
                      Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Hi everyone,

Things have been crazy (as usual) so I haven't had time to check the forum. I hear that some people are deferring their tickets to 2011. I have decided that I am still coming in April. I'll look forward to seeing those of you that are still attending (or live in Vancouver and are able to hang around with us . ) I'll miss those of you that aren't coming after all .
                        Starwanderer

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                          Well I just had a guest tell me that Creation has asked them to appear at Vancouver (and Chicago and LA?)!!

Oh and I met David Blue today - he is absolutely lovely and very sweet. Even as a SG fan who doesn't (yet?) love SGU I would attend a panel with him because he comes across as the sort of guy who deserves credit for the amount of time and effort he's putting in to connect with the fans.
                          BTW He saw my forum badge and said he reads GW (in fact he said 'we all do')!
                          I'm so envious . It's nice to hear that he is as sweet as I imagine him to be.
                          Starwanderer

Comment

Dan Shea was added today as a guest... He's appearing 'all three days'.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              Dan Shea was added today as a guest... He's appearing 'all three days'.

Yay - been waiting for them to announce this (he's the guest that I knew Creation had asked last week). The three days is because he's going to be MCing (his words)! He's also appearing in Chicago and LA doing the same.
                              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

I wonder if he'll be part of BamBam's stunt workshop. They're both stunt coordinators for Stargate. That would be cool..

Comment

Working...
                                X