• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorific grunge.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      You DID!?? the "Criticise all you want, just do in in an appropriate manner" One?
      Yes! I'm glad you saw it, I thought I was going daft for a minute there

Considering what was said in the posts that are still there, I'm feeling pretty miffed

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Huh, what?
      What did you say?
      ^^^^^

I need cheering up.....

not that that's my favourite pic atm or anything....

You tell 'em Martin!
      Last edited by Jumble; 22 August 2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Oh that's gorgeous! I'm not a fan of grunge tbh, but then I didn't realise it could be so colourful

Edit: Yay for PG-15
        Last edited by Jumble; 22 August 2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Actually........ I'm wondering if my post got deleted because it was quoted in another one that's also gone and wasn't polite ............. they do that don't they?

Comment

Jumble, Jelgate and PG15 have jumped in on the "discussion" (not to mention...me...). You are not alone! And APA was...Well...

(((Jumble))) Well I'm glad I haven't been hanging around then. How dare someone beat up on Jumble! *is outraged* *really*
            ..outraged on your behalf.
            sigpic

Comment

Jumble, Jelgate and PG15 have jumped in on the "discussion" (not to mention...me...). You are not alone! And APA was...Well...

..outraged on your behalf.
              Aw *hugs APA*

Yes, I saw you all did

*feels better* *hugs Joe*

Edit: I think Jelgate got deleted too

Edit again: Carl has the same birthday as me.................
              Last edited by Jumble; 22 August 2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Huh where's this discussion?

*dons the gloves and pulls out my fighting boots*

You know I'm almost glad I only really hang out in acouple of GW threads and remain blisfully unaware as to how idiotic some areas of fandom can be.

Me too.
                First they go all ''I'm this shows biggest fan and I know everything about it, even more than you who has been watching since GotG'' and then they say that TPTB did everything wrong and that they're idiots.
                *shrugs*
                You know what bugs me most about that attitude? It's the fact they think TPTB owe them something just because they are long term loyal viewers... they don't. And if those "fans" don't like it, they should go away and stop watching. Simple as that really.

Can't believe you got modded for saying that Jumble. My guess is yes, it was to remove the other post (I mod myself elsewhere and I know I've removed whole chains of posts that might not necessarily be wrong in themselves but have made no sense if left in). Then again, some of the mod decisions here are slightly bizzare at times.

(((((Jumble)))) and ((((PTB))))

Nad, I love the coloury grungy look. I think that's perfect.
                Regarding site content. Can we do a page of facts for each PTB? I know we don't know much about most of them but we must be able to conjure up enough infomation to say something sweet or funny about them. I was also thinking of a sort of "ten-of-the-best" page... kind of like "Martin's Magical Moments" and "Joe's Jolliest Japes" and "Dan's Dangerous... ok I have no alliteration for D.

Oh and should we do a PTB faithfuls page (i.e. one introducing us kind of like the shippy hippy site?)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Huh where's this discussion?

*dons the gloves and pulls out my fighting boots*

You know I'm almost glad I only really hang out in acouple of GW threads and remain blisfully unaware as to how idiotic some areas of fandom can be.
                  Best not to go there Cags, it's not getting any better

You know what bugs me most about that attitude? It's the fact they think TPTB owe them something just because they are long term loyal viewers... they don't. And if those "fans" don't like it, they should go away and stop watching. Simple as that really.
                  Yep, that's what we keep saying Serious lack of common sense and manners in some quarters IMO

Can't believe you got modded for saying that Jumble. My guess is yes, it was to remove the other post (I mod myself elsewhere and I know I've removed whole chains of posts that might not necessarily be wrong in themselves but have made no sense if left in). Then again, some of the mod decisions here are slightly bizzare at times.

(((((Jumble)))) and ((((PTB))))
                  I'm telling myself that must be it, because there are much worse things being said in the posts that are still there

Bizarre indeed.

I just hope nobody says anything really bad about Martin, I'd probably get myself chucked of off GW

Nad, I love the coloury grungy look. I think that's perfect.
                  Regarding site content. Can we do a page of facts for each PTB? I know we don't know much about most of them but we must be able to conjure up enough infomation to say something sweet or funny about them. I was also thinking of a sort of "ten-of-the-best" page... kind of like "Martin's Magical Moments" and "Joe's Jolliest Japes" and "Dan's Dangerous... ok I have no alliteration for D.
                  Dan's Dangerous Daring-do's?

Martin's Magical Moments..... only ten???

Oh and should we do a PTB faithfuls page (i.e. one introducing us kind of like the shippy hippy site?)
                  We could do that

A questionnaire for that wood probably work.

Well, I'm done with SGA S5, so onward to WW........ tomorrow

Comment

((((((Jumble)))))))

I'm with Cags, I've clearly missed all this by sticking to my nice sheltered corner of GW, but you know we're with you right?
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jeez, you know, I'm not going there either. I think that there will always be ''fans'' boobling over a TV show and it's creators and I'm not going to get mad just before sleeping... Nope. I'll just say that they're... booblers.

And as for the site:
                      Yes. There most definitely is room for the member bio's, to call it that for now.
                      The colourful grunge is working.
                      And having the ''top PTB moments'' wood be awesome.

I am still trying to figure out the pictures on that site. It's not as easy as, say, freewebs is. The galleries look stupid. I'm thinking about making a freewebs back-up just for that... I can post normal pictures, but the artwork gets cropped. Than needs work.

...And have I mentioned how uncool PTB bashing is?
                      ((((PTB))))
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

(((((Josiane))))) I know

I just think it's a shame that the antis take over the thread and scare the pros away by being so.............

I'm not going on, it's just not worth getting irate over

At least most of the responses Joe got on his blog were supportive I didn't totally agree with everything he said or necessarily the way he said it, but I think like LJ said, he restrained himself pretty well in the circumstances.

I just wish it hadn't been necessary

Comment

Jeez, you know, I'm not going there either. I think that there will always be ''fans'' boobling over a TV show and it's creators and I'm not going to get mad just before sleeping... Nope. I'll just say that they're... booblers.
                          You're right, I just find it really hard to sit still while people I like are being (IMO) unfairly slagged. It's the lioness in me
                          And as for the site:
                          Yes. There most definitely is room for the member bio's, to call it that for now.
                          The colourful grunge is working.
                          And having the ''top PTB moments'' wood be awesome.

I am still trying to figure out the pictures on that site. It's not as easy as, say, freewebs is. The galleries look stupid. I'm thinking about making a freewebs back-up just for that... I can post normal pictures, but the artwork gets cropped. That needs work.

...And have I mentioned how uncool PTB bashing is?
                          ((((PTB))))
                          Can't wait to see the site, it's very exciting

Do we need to send you artwork to upload, or are you delegating?

Yell if you want any help

Comment

A little aside here, but I need to share.

A friend texted me saying that she was coming back from her holiday and I, being busy here, sent her a text message saying: ''Woohood!''

My friend, who dislikes SG and doesn't know about fandom responded with
                            ''Woohood?''

I realised my error and send her
                            ''Woof''

To which she responded with
                            ''Woof?''

*nods*
                            ...Ok, I thought it was funny...
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*dancez through thread, joyfully staring at sig* PTB rock!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                You're right, I just find it really hard to sit still while people I like are being (IMO) unfairly slagged. It's the lioness in me

Can't wait to see the site, it's very exciting
                                Do we need to send you artwork to upload, or are you delegating?

Yell if you want any help
                                And that's awesome!
                                They need to know that there are people backing them up.

And I don't know yet... It depends on which way works best
                                I'll let you all know

And thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X