No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it helps that I hadn't been on a plane for about 10 years when 9/11 happened, and then I didn't get on one again for about another 5 years after. But honestly, I love flying. When I leave school the first leg of my flight is on a 20 seater plane for an hour or two from Liberal, KS to Denver, CO and then I fly from Denver to Dulless where my family picks me up. Honestly I like the little plane more, but most people hate them.

And now I'm off before I get the thread even more OT, lol.
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Maybe it helps that I hadn't been on a plane for about 10 years when 9/11 happened, and then I didn't get on one again for about another 5 years after. But honestly, I love flying. When I leave school the first leg of my flight is on a 20 seater plane for an hour or two from Liberal, KS to Denver, CO and then I fly from Denver to Dulless where my family picks me up. Honestly I like the little plane more, but most people hate them.

And now I'm off before I get the thread even more OT, lol.
      I thought you went to college in Texas! I'm trying to figure out if I'm remembering wrong, or if there's some strange reason you would be flying from Kansas.

I must have remembered wrong.

Even more OT:
      Spoiler:
      I hope to visit a friend in Kansas next spring. She's in Alliance and recommmends that I just fly into Denver and let her pick me up there.

To be on-topic:

Martin Wood is an incredibly talented artist.

Comment

Melissa, it is a thrill and a delight to see you!
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Martin Woohood*

*hugs the Woohoos*

...nekkid...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            *hugs Martin Woohood*

*hugs the Woohoos*

...nekkid...
            *blinks* Aw man can't you get decent before you hug us?

*hugs regardless*

Martin Wood is...hot

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*runz through nekkid...cuz...it's what I do*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                Melissa, it is a thrill and a delight to see you!
                Thank you, hon! I'm on vacation for the next week, so I'll have a lot more time to really enjoy the threads.

Comment

Woohood, Melissa! Well, let me be the first to offer you a Vacation-style, all Woohoo Pina Colada!

Feel free to put on your shorts, and sit and relax to the sounds of thunking, and the splendid views of Brad, Rob, Martin, Joe and the boys, as well as the occasional nekkid Woohoo

...actually, feel free to put on some sunnies too...some of these Woohoos need a tan before they start streaking!!!

For maximum relaxation, might I suggest some brocolli! Take your pick! There's a limitless supply around here!

*hugs* Enjoy your stay at the WoohoodStock Thread.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Speaking of broccoli, I just ran across a vid you HAVE to see: http://www.care2.com:80/c2c/people/p...?pid=909638993

Hugs!
                    So cute

From Syfy (Craig Engler) on Twitter :

"Just ran into Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood & David Eick in the lobby. Martin had just been riding a mechanical bull.
                    about 1 hour ago "
                    sigpic

Comment

Speaking of broccoli, I just ran across a vid you HAVE to see: http://www.care2.com:80/c2c/people/p...?pid=909638993

Hugs!
                      Awwwwwwww!!!!!!! And how fabulous to see you here Melissa! *hugs*

I used to fly with joy and wonder.

Then, 9/11 happened and I didn't get on a plane for 6 years.

Finally, I decided that thousands of planes fly around the world every day, and only once in awhile do they fall. Hundreds of thousands of people criss-cross the globe without incident. So, I started to consider giving it a try again.

And I also really, really wanted to go to Philly to spend a weekend with some of my GW pals. Then, I really, really, really wanted to go to Vancouver to Gatecon.

And both experiences were just fine...except for the broken windshield wiper that kept me in Atlanta for 3 hours on the very last part of my Vancouver trip. I was a 30-minute flight from home when that snag occurred, and it just took the airline too long to get it fixed. But it was a small inconvenience in what was otherwise a lovely trip.

I worry and worry and worry about these things too...but I think of my cousin, Jane, who has been a flight attendant for 30 years...and has never even had a close call. Bad things happen, and plane crashes always get a lot of media coverage because they are such infrequent events that take many lives. The events of 9/11 were a tragedy caused by evil people, but it hasn't happened again. It may at some point, but I decided I couldn't just go places within reasonable driving distance. There are other things I wanted to see and do.

But when you consider the number of flights against the number of crashes, it's still the safest way to travel. Statistically, I'm in much more danger each day on my 30-mile drive to work and the 30-mile drive back.

Imagine.
                      *nods* Exactly. I used to be really weird about flying, although I never let it stop me going anywhere, but I hated it and got so stressed, particularly about take-off. But telling myself rationally that it's actually safer than many many things I do every day without thinking about it helped, and then just flying lots cured me of it, especially long-haul. There's just no way you can be scared for that many hours And after my last month (9 flights in 3 and a half weeks, over 60 hours in total) I realised that flying now does not bother me in the slightest!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      So cute

From Syfy (Craig Engler) on Twitter :

about 1 hour ago "
                      *does that Teal'c thing again* Interesting...
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Huggles Jumble too ((((Jumble))))

How about pentangle? Can you do that? (Guess what I got? )

Taking off and landing I have a huge problem with... it's the ony thing I hate.
                        Spoilered because it's just plain morbid
                        Spoiler:
                        The way I see it, when you're up in the air, if something goes dramatically wrong, you're pretty much dead before you know it. If something goes wrong when you're still on the ground there's all manner of horrible ways you could be maimed or die slowly and painfully in the wreckage of a burning plane while they try desperately to rescue you... *gulp* Yep, once we're off the ground I'm fine - taking off/landing and glass elevators; my two biggest phobias!

I was going to suggest sudafed or something but if that don't work I don't know what helps. You could try echinacea too reduce the cold symptoms, or (my old staple) vitamin C and zinc. Both might help alleviate things enough so that you're not dreadful by Monday.

Other than that, want me to come wave you off?

*runs semi nekkid through thread* (in the name of public deccency.)
                        It's not the idea of crashing that bothers me, I really don't think about that. It's just the problem with my ears that I hate

I'm actually feeling a lot worse today despite the sudafed, so I'm staying home instead of visiting Michael

I'll be checking in at terminal 1 at 1515 on Monday, feel free to come and wave

Nice to see you Melissa *hugs*

But we really don't use spoilers for OT on here........... mainly because we're always OT and the whole thread wood be spoilered

Jasmina Martin riding a mechanical bull??? Oohhhhh boy........

Oh, and I nearly missed another one...

Comment

((((((Jumble)))))) Hope you haven't got swine flu!
                          Staying home and looking after yourself sounds sensible Prescribe yourself lots of Stargate DVDs with Martin commentaries and BTS bits
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            ((((((Jumble)))))) Hope you haven't got swine flu!
                            Staying home and looking after yourself sounds sensible Prescribe yourself lots of Stargate DVDs with Martin commentaries and BTS bits
                            It's not flu! Just a cold

That's not the best way to get my temperature down

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              *does that Teal'c thing again* Interesting...
                              Not the Teal'c thing!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!!

I really wanna know what that was about.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              I'm actually feeling a lot worse today despite the sudafed, so I'm staying home instead of visiting Michael
                              *huggles* Hope it gets better till Monday.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Jasmina Martin riding a mechanical bull??? Oohhhhh boy........

Congrats on the '69 post
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

...Martin Wood on a mechanical bull?
                                *thunk*

Hugs!
                                Oh, that's just too cute!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X