Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *waves*

Just back from Washington DC ....interesting trip....certainly with the family *snort* B's brother is hilarious though!!! (think about sitting in the car for a whole day with 3 ADHD'ers )

Didn't saw Jack there!!

*gives quickly a big hug to Martin*
    *is sad* Wish I'd have known...I wasn't busy at all today...I could have at least met you for 5 minutes on your way back from DC...At this point I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to invade the airport before you leave...
    Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Accents: I have a distinct twang from living in Wyoming. And I love Scottish accents! *swoons a little* AND (of course!) a certain Italian/French-Canadian accent.

Yeah, having us all on a vid conferance someday would be sweet (and crazy! And don't expect any nekkid running if we do it!)
    I'll be sure to reserve the nekkid running/dancing for when the video is off, lol!!!
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Sarai, Congrats to your sister!

*waves at Jann*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      LOL! I love Joe...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Aw, HUGE CONGRATS to your little sister What a lovely memory for her to have. Seems like your whole family is celebrating their achievements lately, well done all of you
        Certainly are, thanks Jumble

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Nope, I like the Yorkshire accent too. I think it's well sexy on a bloke. Well some areas of it because even in Yorkshire there's a broad diversity of accents.

I can assure you I am not cockney at all. I never sang "my old man's a dustman" once in my life!
        I guess someone from another country might think I am but there is a huge difference from the West London and the inner London and the East London accents. Not to mention the Norf and Sarf (spelt relatively phonetically as a North Londoner and South Londener would pronounce them. I am pure West London and not in the Kensington & Chelsea way, rather in the less auspicious Chiswick/Brentford/Hounslow way (which, I guess you'd need to be a Londoner to appreciate).

OK, just for you I have uploaded a video from Christmas which, while it does not feature me in front of the camera (aargh, never), I can be heard talking behind it and *shock horror* at one point even singing.

If you call that singing.

That's my accent and those around me - yep, they're the West London accent too (even though they live in Lincolnshire).

Oh and there's a penguin in the video too and an extremely cute little man but I am biased on that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHmgXEGKO0

Ah bless. That's fab. Well done to your little sister and rightly so you have every reason to be proud.
        Thanks for the congrats Cags, very proud of her indeed!

Your little man is absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Jumble, you two actually have very similar accents! At least to my ear anyway!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *waves*

Just back from Washington DC ....interesting trip....certainly with the family *snort* B's brother is hilarious though!!! (think about sitting in the car for a whole day with 3 ADHD'ers )

Didn't saw Jack there!!

*gives quickly a big hug to Martin*
        *hugs Jann* Hope you had a fabulous time hun!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Sarai, Congrats to your sister!

*waves at Jann*

Thanks Nad

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Certainly are, thanks Jumble

Thanks for the congrats Cags, very proud of her indeed!
          Got a pic of her for us to coo over? (pm if you don't want to display her to the world )

Your little man is absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Jumble, you two actually have very similar accents! At least to my ear anyway!

*hugs Jann* Hope you had a fabulous time hun!

Thanks Nad
          Ah, so it wasn't just me hearing things at nearly 2 am It'll be interesting when we meet to see if we really do sound that similar

*waves to Jann* Still hoping to see you on Sunday, but we're not sure if it will be possible. I'm checking with the airport to see if you'll be allowed through to us

LJ Joe made me chuckle, I love when he does his mailbag with his funny/sark head on

Amanda I wasn't surprised he didn't answer about Movie 3. He's not really connected with it so probably doesn't know much atm

Comment

Got a pic of her for us to coo over? (pm if you don't want to display her to the world )
            Will PM

Ah, so it wasn't just me hearing things at nearly 2 am It'll be interesting when we meet to see if we really do sound that similar
            Certainly will! No I totally heard it as well. I do think that that might just be my uneducated Northern upbringing though !

And on that note dear Woohoos I must leave you again as I return to the land of no internet. With any luck Dave will leave me his phone again this week for me to keep up with you all, but if not I'll miss you very much !!

*huggles all the Woohoos*

*huggles Martin*

*huggles Dan *

Comment

Will PM

Certainly will! No I totally heard it as well. I do think that that might just be my uneducated Northern upbringing though !

And on that note dear Woohoos I must leave you again as I return to the land of no internet. With any luck Dave will leave me his phone again this week for me to keep up with you all, but if not I'll miss you very much !!

*huggles Martin*

*huggles Dan *
              *huggles Sarai* Hope you get your internet connection sorted soon, we miss you around here

Comment

Very true! Although what I'm getting at is that our country is so tiny in comparison that there is a lot of accent-merging going on!

EDIT: Absolutely pooped (what a tiring day!)

Day OT (heavy amounts of gushing following forthwith):
                Spoiler:
                Today was my older sisters graduation from her course in education studies and my younger sisters last day of primary school! A very big day in our family and because my Dad clearly couldn't be at both events, I stood in for him at my little sisters school. Their leavers assembly was fantastic, with all of the Year 6's doing readings and choir singing some lovely songs. They gave out loads of trophies for various things including excellence in sport, drama, music and maths and other things like best attendance and smartest uniform.

Most importantly though was a new trophy they introduced in the name of a little girl who died at the school last year which was to be given in honour of the student who had achieved Outstanding Pupil of the Year. This award was given to my little sister who was proud as punch (and rightly so) so she had a great final memory to leave school with!

Sorry for the serious gushing, but I can't even express how proud I am of her! It's such a family environment at that school and she's gutted to leave it so it was great to leave on such a high note.

That and then hightailing over to the end of the University graduation ceremony at the seaside to get a few pictures has totally knocked me out!

After all of that I'm pooped so its off to Bedfordshire with me. I swear one of these days Jumble will be looking for me out of the window .

Night night Woohoos
                Woohood! Congrats to your sis! That's awesome

Hope you pop in soon *waves*
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*snurches*

*clickety-clicks*

*goes all gooey*

This is getting to be a habit

Comment

It's not a bad habit, so you have nothing to worry about

Martin looks so cute on that pic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        It's not a bad habit, so you have nothing to worry about

Martin looks so cute on that pic.
                        He soooo does, hence the 'gooey'

Edit: Changing the background colour has really ruined the effect of smileys

Comment

He soooo does, hence the 'gooey'

Edit: Changing the background colour has really ruined the effect of smileys
                          Yeah, it messed up some peoples sigs too, if they had a shadow effect.

And I miss the blue
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it messed up some peoples sigs too, if they had a shadow effect.

And I miss the blue
                            I've pretty much got used to the black, hardly even notice it now, but I don't like the effect of the off-white bit.

Comment

Aw Cags, he's utterly gorgeous!!!

And I wonder whose idea it was to get him a penguin

Actually, to my ear you sound very much like me Even the tone and timbre of your voice are similar to mine. Although I'd say you sing better than I do And definitely no sign of a Cockney accent

Thanks for showing us that

But what are you doing up this late?

Edit: And having said that, I'm off to bed. Woodnight (((((WooHoos)))))
                              Pht, you call that late? Welll if you must know I was watching Shaun of The Dead and made the mistake of turning over when it finished to see Twelve Monkeys had just started on another channel and I ended up staying up to watch that too.

Thank you Benjabubs is utterly gorgeous, cute, amazingly clever and he lights up every room when he's there. He's my blessed little miracle and feel wonderfully honoured to be his mummy (aw, now, see I'm feeling misty eyed now).

Actually Benjabubs has been a penguin lover from a very early age (I think it started with the black/white contrast as, developmentally, young babies like that). Anyway, we got him Happy Feet when he was about 6 months old, which he adores and a succession of soft penguin toys arrived soon after. So far he has Mumble, George, Jack (who has a pocket with a fish in it ), Percy, Beaky, Car penguin, Pingu (hand crocheted by his sister-in-law) and Weebly and... I think I may have forgotten one of two there but it's hard to keep up when they breed so virulently. It's purely conincidental that penguins have taken on an entirely other meaning for me now but... a nice conicindence.

On the accent thing, I sort of suspected we would not be too dissimilar actually. I am really West, West London - 10 minute drive and I'm in Surrey. I worked in and around Surrey for years and years and never noticed much difference in accents. It's only when you get along the Hampshire borders that you start to differentiate. Of course, there are little pockets of Surrey that are dead posh but then there are little pockets of Feltham that are dead posh...um... actually...no; there's not! Feltham and posh is the very definition of an oxymoron.

Will PM

*huggles Martin*

*huggles Dan *

Awww *huggles Sarai*. Hope you're back again soon.

Nice picture of Martin's helmet there.

(am I allowed to bring the Woohoo's thread down to the gutter? )

I've pretty much got used to the black, hardly even notice it now, but I don't like the effect of the off-white bit.
                              I think they did the off white to compensate for the extreme contrast between that and black. The new colour scheme is to give everything an SGU feel which, personally, I'm largely indifferent to it but I think a lot of the objections to it have been because of that (and the seeming slight against long running SG-1 and Atlantis in favour of the new baby) raher than because people don't like how it looks. Ah well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Nope, I like the Yorkshire accent too. I think it's well sexy on a bloke. Well some areas of it because even in Yorkshire there's a broad diversity of accents.

I can assure you I am not cockney at all. I never sang "my old man's a dustman" once in my life!
                                I guess someone from another country might think I am but there is a huge difference from the West London and the inner London and the East London accents. Not to mention the Norf and Sarf (spelt relatively phonetically as a North Londoner and South Londener would pronounce them. I am pure West London and not in the Kensington & Chelsea way, rather in the less auspicious Chiswick/Brentford/Hounslow way (which, I guess you'd need to be a Londoner to appreciate).

OK, just for you I have uploaded a video from Christmas which, while it does not feature me in front of the camera (aargh, never), I can be heard talking behind it and *shock horror* at one point even singing.

If you call that singing.

That's my accent and those around me - yep, they're the West London accent too (even though they live in Lincolnshire).

Oh and there's a penguin in the video too and an extremely cute little man but I am biased on that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHmgXEGKO0

Ah bless. That's fab. Well done to your little sister and rightly so you have every reason to be proud.
                                Awww!!!!!! That was so entirely cute! Aww! And he said "Thank you Mummy" in such a cute way...awww! He is too adorable!

I love you guys accents by the way

*waves to Jann* Still hoping to see you on Sunday, but we're not sure if it will be possible. I'm checking with the airport to see if you'll be allowed through to us

LJ Joe made me chuckle, I love when he does his mailbag with his funny/sark head on

Amanda I wasn't surprised he didn't answer about Movie 3. He's not really connected with it so probably doesn't know much atm
                                I wasn't suprised either, but I figured I'd try anyway

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X