The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Is that because it rains on most weddings?

We now have thunder and lightning - what a contrast to last week-end!

I think I'll just declare this a Duvet Day and ignore it all
    Mostly to keep wet and sad brides a bit happier... Here is the same. Rain,wind more rain and occasionally, thunder and lightning. Duvet Day sounds fantastic to me. I have to watch my dvds.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I'm seconding (or thirdding) Duvet Day. Sounds excellent to me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I'm seconding (or thirdding) Duvet Day. Sounds excellent to me.
        yep. who will brew the coffee? I have chocolate cake.
        sigpic

Comment

Well duvet day was followed by "send the duvet to the cleaner's day" because it got stains from the chocolate cover...true story. *shakes head*
          sigpic

Comment

No such duvet day (or weekend) for me. Having ordered the sand to lay my patio slabs on Friday I planned to clear the patio ready for the pool going up. That was abandoned due to rain (heavens opened about 30 seconds after I'd hung three loads of washing on the line
            But I did spend a delightful day getting covered in jointing compound trying to finish my bathroom... then went to a barbeque (yes in the rain) where kangaroo burgers were on the menu.
            But I did get some of the rubbish cleared off the patio today, in between showers. I think I'm ready for another weekend now.
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Well duvet day was followed by "send the duvet to the cleaner's day" because it got stains from the chocolate cover...true story. *shakes head*
              This is tragic.
              (And very funny. )

I've spend the weekend painting. And going to a local festival where they had campfire concerts and a volkswagen bus coffee bar.
              I feel like a real hippy now.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I have those days of running the the recentry hung laundy to get it out of the rain, too.
                And everytime I decide to wash my windows it rains. Seriously. I'm considering selling this special skill of mine to countries with serious drought problems.

wow! that was a full weekend. That's the problem with free time: some unsuspecting people do try to use it... I'm just did the laundry and some ironing. I have a good book to finish.
                sigpic

Comment

I too have that special skill - the storm yesterday was probably because the day before I'd jet-washed the patio and conservatory including cleaning out the gutters and washing the roof. I was planning to shampoo the carpets yesterday, but I decided not to - didn't want to be responsible for putting the universe completely out of whack

Comment

I bought some banana plants today and got them planted. They make wonderful shade for my western facing wall
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      I too have that special skill - the storm yesterday was probably because the day before I'd jet-washed the patio and conservatory including cleaning out the gutters and washing the roof. I was planning to shampoo the carpets yesterday, but I decided not to - didn't want to be responsible for putting the universe completely out of whack
                      I am thinking of shampoo the carpets as well...maybe there is no Global warming at all: It's me and Jumble trying to Spring/ Summer cleaning.

And I started another book
                      Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I bought some banana plants today and got them planted. They make wonderful shade for my western facing wall
                      Sounds wonderful. I'm so terrible with plants. I'm okay(ish) wityh pets but plants...oi!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello lovely Woohoos, just checking in from a McDonald's in Virginia! Hope you're all well, thanks for the kind words, we had a great day and only wished it could have lasted longer!

America is treating us very well, loved Boston, New York and Washington was just incredible! For the WW fans - so many names and show references ticked off the list (I.e. Foggy bottom!!)

Picked up our car today and experienced our first hitch - a chip in the windscreen which very rapidly turned into a crack! A slightly panicky half an hour on the side of the freeway (where our UK phone couldn't get through to the roadside assistance!) followed before we were thankfully rescued by a highway patrol man. He led us a few miles down the road here and now we've to wait a few hours for a replacement car. Still, could have been worse!! Moral of the story - check your phone works when you go overseas! We'll be off at some point to buy a cheap US phone. Craziness - but essential in an emergency!

Comment

Glad you're having a fantastic time, unreasonably fragile windscreens and non-functioning phones aside Bet you were just like I was the first time I went to DC, relating basically everything I saw and everywhere I went to the West Wing

(Did you go on the orange/blue line on the metro through Foggy Bottom? I crack up every time at the way the drivers announce it )

(Also did you sit on the right (left!) side of the train between Philly and DC to get the Chesapeake views?)

Enjoy the road trip!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            have fun Laurie and Claire. Is there an auction?

Yes there was - but I didn't go. Robin, Danny and Debbie all won tours to the Big Bang Theory!
                            sigpic

Comment

3 days and no posts??

Well, I'm here trolling for BIG squishy hugs today. My hubby lost his job yesterday. He's been with the company for 8 years! Not sure what this is going to mean from here. Frankly I'm mad, frustrated, a little scared, and to top it off in pain. My disc in my lower back went out again. Got a steroid shot today and a script for prednisone and PT as needed, hopefully that will do the job.

Good news is that we are going to see my folks tomorrow! Here's to a 3-hr drive with lower back issues, yeehaw! I don't even care how uncomfortable I am...I just want my Mommy!
                              sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                                3 days and no posts??

Well, I'm here trolling for BIG squishy hugs today. My hubby lost his job yesterday. He's been with the company for 8 years! Not sure what this is going to mean from here. Frankly I'm mad, frustrated, a little scared, and to top it off in pain. My disc in my lower back went out again. Got a steroid shot today and a script for prednisone and PT as needed, hopefully that will do the job.

Good news is that we are going to see my folks tomorrow! Here's to a 3-hr drive with lower back issues, yeehaw! I don't even care how uncomfortable I am...I just want my Mommy!
                                They say bad things happen in threes (job, back, car ride) so here is hoping only good things happen from now on.... and a BIG (((HUG)))!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X