No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs back* I feel silly for feeling so sad about it, because it will all get fixed, but it's really hit me this morning. I was going to repaint the bathroom this week while I'm off work and now I can't
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hugs form this side of the pond as well
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Josi *squishy huggles* Water can do a horrendous amount of damage, and even though it was clean-ish water the smell will linger for ages I hope it all gets fixed quickly - at least with the better weather you'll be able to leave the windows open to freshen the place up.

I have to say though, you have to either giggle or at the irony - you escaped the winter floods by being on the second floor, but you end up flooded by the flat above

Comment

*huggles everyone*
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Oh Josi *squishy huggles* Water can do a horrendous amount of damage, and even though it was clean-ish water the smell will linger for ages I hope it all gets fixed quickly - at least with the better weather you'll be able to leave the windows open to freshen the place up.
            Yeah it smells pretty horrible But I've had the windows open all day and I've borrowed a dehumidifier from my sister (they had a leaky roof a little while ago) which I've now got running and it's starting to dry out. I've started the claim already with my insurance for the carpets (which, if they have to be replaced will at least be a silver lining somewhere - nice new carpets!), and the buildings insurance for the housing association will deal with fixing the ceilings (they're going to need at the least treating to prevent mould and repainting, and possibly replastering in places too). They're sending an electrician on Tuesday to check it's all dried out and safe to switch back on, and to give me a new light fitting and extractor fan. So it will all get sorted but it's hard to see my lovely flat that I'd got all so nice all sad and smelly and damaged

I have to say though, you have to either giggle or at the irony - you escaped the winter floods by being on the second floor, but you end up flooded by the flat above
            Yeah. That had occurred to me
            sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, the silver lining - otherwise known as the insurance claim Soon after I moved into this house a pipe burst up in the attic. Water poured through all the bedroom and bathroom light fittings, soaked my bed (including my electrice blanket, which didn't have 'machine washable' on it's label, honest ) and poured into the tv and vcr in the front bedroom (which just happened to be positioned directly under the light fitting). The emergency plumber that I called looked at the sagging bathroom ceiling, fished a screwdriver out of his pocket and pushed it up through the ceiling, relieving the pressure on the ceiling itself and allowing the trapped water to pour out and down the stairs, soaking the (really crappy old) carpet. Yes, new carpets that you don't have to pay for are Awesome!

And when you've got your lovely new carpets and the smell has all gone, you'll sit there in your lovely flat and realise that, actually, that wasn't so bad

Comment

*huggles Jumble* That was exactly what I needed to hear!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh goodness, Josi that sounds awful! *BIG HUGS*

Umm...I'd like to know who is responsible for ordering more snow. I do believe that it is now the end of March and I know that I live in NE Ohio and all, but even those of us on the Northcoast have our limits! It was raining when we left the house today to run errands around 1:00. It is now quarter to 8 and there is 3-4 inches of SNOW covering darn near everything!
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Hehehe - when we moved to Texas from Cleveland, dad woke us up by throwing snow in our faces. I kid you not. The worst part? It was MAY 1st.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      *huggles Jumble* That was exactly what I needed to hear!

*hugs DK for the unseasonal snow* We didn't have any this winter - just loads and LOADS of rain
                      Last edited by Jumble; 30 March 2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Aw, WooHoos, *sending positive vibes and love to you all* I hope things get better for all. <3
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Shhhh, be very, very, quiet, I'm hunting wabbits...
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Comment

I always feel so unsafe when it's hunting season...

EDIT: Oh sure. The innocent cute one gets to be 'puss in boots'.
                              I think it's some weird kind of hippy rebellion against the Ickybah Police. *nods*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*backs away from hunter!Martin quietly*

I have had a fun day redecorating. I decided I was not going to be defeated from my decorating plans by the fact I can't do my bathroom this week after all, and so have painted my kitchen instead! It looks awesome, I'm so chuffed And my bathroom and bedroom are pretty much dried out and the smell much improved so all in all things are better
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X