• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brocco-Lily
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I was wondering about Lilli or Olli ............. Hm..........

Cags thought it was a boy until I pointed out that it was wearing a skirt

Comment

Boys can wear skirts
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

yeah, but those are usually kilts
          sigpic

Comment

...or sarrongs.

Honestly I thought it was a boy; I thought the skirt was a chef's apron or something.
            sigpic

Comment

Been a while since I have been on - but wanted to stop by to wish everyone either a very Happy Easter or a very Happy Passover.
              sigpic

Comment

Wishing everyone Happy Days!
                *hugs WooHoos*

Love the broccoli chick.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Happy Chocolate Egg Day

I've come to the end of GoT S3 - suffering serious withdrawal

Comment

Josi has saved my sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Josi has saved my sanity
                      Very good - wasn't sure there was much left! hehe
                      sigpic

Comment

It helps if you start out with very little and then you can't be upset when you lose it all.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        I've come to the end of GoT S3 - suffering serious withdrawal
                        I'm still ploughing my way through S1, but only because I am attempting a tandem watch and read thingy. I didn't want to watch on before I'd read to the relevant part. I'm all caught up now though (thanks to burning the midnight oil) so will be finishing off S1 in the next couple of days.
                        sigpic

Comment

So you know what's going to happen before you see it? Doesn't that detract from the on-screen impact?

I've just watched ep 3 of S4...........

Comment

Well you could argue that seeing it on screen first could detract from the impact of reading it in the books.
                            So far I've managed to stay slightly ahead in the TV series since it's quicker to watch an hour than read several chapters.

I've heard spoilers for S4. One of my facebook "friends" posted a massive one for the last episode and got soundly berrated for it by everyone... oh and unfriended by me for the poor form!
                            That said I have accepted I will be spoilt for Seasons 1 to 3 so do't mind so much. I would like to remain spoiler free for S4 though, since I am motoring through these and will complete them in a couple of months at most.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Well you could argue that seeing it on screen first could detract from the impact of reading it in the books.
                              So far I've managed to stay slightly ahead in the TV series since it's quicker to watch an hour than read several chapters.
                              Not for me - I have no intention of reading the books

I've heard spoilers for S4. One of my facebook "friends" posted a massive one for the last episode and got soundly berrated for it by everyone... oh and unfriended by me for the poor form!
                              That said I have accepted I will be spoilt for Seasons 1 to 3 so do't mind so much. I would like to remain spoiler free for S4 though, since I am motoring through these and will complete them in a couple of months at most.
                              Some people

Comment

I must admit, the books are somewhat onerous in places. Lots of detailed descriptive writing that's sometimes a bit workhorsey, if you know what I mean. Not to everyone's taste but I suppose it's the same sort of descriptive writing (to a slightly lesser degree) that Tolkien was wont to do and that meant Lord Of The Rings was so well adapted with such perfection in the details that the confirmed Tolkienites and new fans were happy. For the main part this first book and series are almost identical with just a few minor details changed. Still it's good to compare even those differences and, in particular, I have found some characters come off slightly more or less sympathetic on screen than they do in the books. Ceresi and Jaime for instance, are far more hateful from reading the text than they appear on screen, Jon Snow a little more heroic and Catelyn Stark a little less sympathetic.

Umm... what was this thread about again? Er, Sorry Martin!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X