No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumble do you have any HQ Martin's pics? I need better quality and dimensions that what it is allowed in the forum. I need to see the details, especially the eyes, before I start to make a drawing!
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Hi woodie hoos!

Hooray for all the good news! Grannies and pretty love rings!!! *huggles*

Woohoos, i wish i read the thread this morning. It would have put me off dyeing my hair. I mean...it was preeeeeetty grey (yep - one of those lucky greying 20 somethings) but now it is black. When will i learn? Dark hair + anything other than bleach = blackity black. Silly :-P

Well hello there antipodean stranger.
      Yes, I've made the dye it black mistake on my hair too. Even with my dark on dark colouring I can't pull blackity black off (well not unless I reach for the black eyeliner and pretend I was going for the goth look all along. )
      You have my sympathies for the grey thing: my bestie's hair went grey in her 20s and it's now pretty much pure white. She dyes it cherry red but it's hilarious when it starts to grow out because she has a white stripe in the middle. She's naturally a strawberry blonde and did try going blonde once but it just didn't suit her!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Jumble do you have any HQ Martin's pics? I need better quality and dimensions that what it is allowed in the forum. I need to see the details, especially the eyes, before I start to make a drawing!
      Well that sounds like a mighty good excuse for some picspam.
      sigpic

Comment

*Hugs WooHoos*

There's so much going on here!
        Weddings, hair stuff, re-emerging WooHoos, moving PTB...
        Fun springtime!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

OY! Dye your hair black - not a good idea. My aunt had beautiful black hair but never could dye it properly. It's even very tricky for a professional to do that. They will always try and soften it to a dark brown. My aunt ended up going red - Lucille Ball red (if you guys know who she is??? ) - what a shame - she should have left it alone!

Me on the other hand - I should have been blond (my mother was) but I had reddish light brown hair - and when it started turning white (or grey) in my 20's - I started changing it. Finally went blond somewhere in my mid 30's. Most people thought it was natural be cause it always dyed in multiple colors of blond! that is until it turned about 50+% white....so now I need to streak it! I dye it myself but get it professionally streaked. (Very expensive for a fixed income - but no choice)! We ladies do need a little fun!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            *runz in screaming and flailing arms.... *

Spoiler:

I am a granny!

Alexander Charles born today at 2.19pm 6lb 7oz

I am completely overwhelmed with conflicting OMG, so happy and OMG I'm only 41 and OMG, wish his grandad was here to experience this and OMG I'm a grandmother feelings!

Uh, I need a bath... I stink (for different reasons but the bouncing about the room hasn't helped). Back later for that extra special party (if anyone's still up, that is).
            Congrats Granny Cags!!!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Man, I'd forgotten how much you like to gossip Jumble

Hannah's getting married next Friday!

More awesome news.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Omg, so many great news! Though I'm counting Sarai's ring as new news! *giggles*
              The ring does look aweesome!

Congrats GRANNY CAGS! Woow! That's strange... you're the hottest granny I know

Oma, congrats to your daughter! Wonderful news!

LJ, huggles for the finger!

As for the grey, I do have some but it's pretty rare, I hope to take after my father in that respect he's just now turning grey which is awesome.

My 3d model of the gate is finally done which is why I haven't been here, got a great review though the teacher said that it could be better if I wanted to tweak a few things, to which I said no, I'm done.

I hope I haven't missed anyone... did I welcome you back Josi? Welcome back! just in case...

Love your sig and avi Cags! So cheerful!

Uhm... *flops on couch*
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

It's unfair that my husband, who is now 66, has a very full head of hair that you have to look at with a magnifying glass to find any grey! My dad started going grey at 18 and was snow white by 21 (he'd been a platinum blonde). I've been coloring my hair for years and years now. I let it grow out for about a year, and no one said anything until I colored again and then it was like "oh you look so much better with your hair now!" humf! they could have said something before a year!
                sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!!!!!! Apparently, I missed the SHIP Birthday by a few days (for some reason I told myself it was a Saturday ), so Happy Belated 5th Birthday to the SHIP!!!

Anyway, like usual, I'm a lazy girl who will eventually catch up on all that I've missed lol, but I came onto the page right now to talk about hair and coloring lol...

I'm naturally medium to dark brown, and I never dyed my hair in my entire life, until about a year ago. I dyed it sort of a dark red, and everyone says it looks fantastic on me. So far, most people say I look great with my natural brown, but that the red just really suits me as well. I'm not the type who'd ever be able to pull of any form of blonde, so I went with the red when I wanted to try dying it. I'm loving it. The only downside is that my hair isn't always as soft as it was before I started dying it, but I think that's likely due to the ammonia in the dye. I've just seen a dye at the store that is a permanent ammonia-free dye (it's called Olio, I believe, though I don't remember which brand it is) and is oil based. I'm going to try it later this month or early next month, when it's time to dye it again.

It's hard to know in my family who has started going grey and who hasn't lol. So many of them dye it, and when I was younger I didn't notice the greys lol.

Oh, and I did see that congratulations are in order Cags!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thanks.

All this hair talk. Anyone would think we're mostly girls.

TR May I recommend this for your post coloured hair: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/hairca...l#BVRRWidgetID If you can't get Avon near you, try and see if there's a similar alternative. You need a very tiny amount of it but it's fabulous stuff!

Uh enough of the hair talk.

How's everyone in the Woohoo house today?

We finally have some spring here *crosses fingers and hopes I don't speak too soon* so I'm out up the park to feed the ducks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Thanks.

All this hair talk. Anyone would think we're mostly girls.

TR May I recommend this for your post coloured hair: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/hairca...l#BVRRWidgetID If you can't get Avon near you, try and see if there's a similar alternative. You need a very tiny amount of it but it's fabulous stuff!

Uh enough of the hair talk.

How's everyone in the Woohoo house today?

We finally have some spring here *crosses fingers and hopes I don't speak too soon* so I'm out up the park to feed the ducks.
                      Gee...What would give them that idea?! Though I have to say, I've known a few guys that have been obsessed with their looks, especially their hair, more than any girl I've ever known. And the guys were as strait as could be! Some of the most informative conversations I've ever had about hair and clothes were with these guys. Of course, it's entirely possible their extensive knowledge comes from growing up in households with more estrogen than testosterone (seriously, 7 sisters and 15 female cousins for one guy, with no males except his father, two uncles, and the dog; 6 sisters, 5 step-sisters, 20 female cousins between 4 aunts, and his dad the only male because his 4 uncles had passed away) and from going to private schools where they had to look well-groomed.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out! While I don't personally know any Avon representatives here, my mom has several people she works with who sell Avon on the side, so I'll have her ask them about it.

I'm swamped with homework for my online classes today... Not fun at all...

Weather wise, we have been warm the past few days, but earlier in the week we were around freezing temperatures. I just saw a report that the general area is going to be under severe storm watches later today, with possibilities of golf ball sized hail and damaging 60mph winds. Not an enjoyable time...Hopefully we stay warm though...Of course, we could use the rain here, since we are usually in a drought during the summers.

The greatest thing ever, was this past week when I went to the store. We were below freezing, with possibilities of snow, and the store had kiddie wading pools outside for sale. I was cracking up!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Oh my lord! Any UKers just watched 'Off Their Rockers'? Darn near wet myself - funniest thing I've seen ever

Comment

Watched what?!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

'Off Their Rockers' - ITV1 7.30 - catch it next week!

You remember 'Candid Camera'? Well you might not, but you know the type of thing? Well this is similar, but they've got a bunch of elderly ladies and gents pulling all the stunts - totally outrageous and utterly hilarious

Comment

Ah, pranks being played by unlikely sources, sure fire recipe for hilarity
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes indeed! And the oldies played it so perfectly straight-faced

Comment

Working...
                                X