No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the nose is feeling better today Laurie!

Woke up this morning to a house full of feathers and a dead bird buried underneath Ellie's blanket on the giant beanbag...............bloody cat!! although it's the first bird she's caught so I'm also strangely proud!
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Had a lovely day with MR, Ellie, Cags and Ben - lunch at Anderson's was awesome as always Stuart had made Lemon Meringue Pie - YUM!!

Ellie and Ben got along very well, and I really thought Ellie was a lovely little girl until....

Spoiler:
      .... she ordered Sticky Toffee Pudding and...... DIDN'T LIKE IT!

So the rest of us had to eat it on top of our own desserts because, I mean, you just CAN'T waste a Sticky Toffee Pudding can you?

Comment

Oh the horror!
        sigpic

Comment

Do you think I should have put a warning on the spoilers in case the shock is too much for Josi?

Comment

I don't know - just how delicate ARE her sensibilities?
            sigpic

Comment

Hm. Well, she's usually a fairly level-headed, calm individual (being a Librarian ), but when it comes to STP, I don't know.............

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Had a lovely day with MR, Ellie, Cags and Ben - lunch at Anderson's was awesome as always Stuart had made Lemon Meringue Pie - YUM!!

Ellie and Ben got along very well, and I really thought Ellie was a lovely little girl until....

Spoiler:

So the rest of us had to eat it on top of our own desserts because, I mean, you just CAN'T waste a Sticky Toffee Pudding can you?

Do you think I should have put a warning on the spoilers in case the shock is too much for Josi?
                See above

Seriously though, glad you all had a lovely day and glad that Ellie and Ben got on well
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Really, I didn't mind her not liking it; it meant we got to share it between us instead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Really, I didn't mind her not liking it; it meant we got to share it between us instead.
                    This is true

Mind you, lemon meringue pie + sticky toffee pudding + cream meringue with toffee sauce (Ben couldn't quite manage a whole one ) did prove too much for me - I must be getting old

They did Josi - they spent the rest of the afternoon building a Duplo park And they put all the toys away - little angels

Comment

Spoiler:

Yeah Yeah. Okay!! So I now realise that my WooHoo parenting skills leave a lot to be desired! sorry Josi, but it's not like we needed any encouragement to finish it off.

Ellie has spent the entire journey back reminding me how nice the sea bass was, and then decided when we got to Southampton that she was hungry so managed to finish a Subway sandwich before our connection home.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a lovely day to me but how can anyone not like STP - really!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          Yeah Yeah. Okay!! So I now realise that my WooHoo parenting skills leave a lot to be desired! sorry Josi, but it's not like we needed any encouragement to finish it off.
                          Yes, you need to hone your skills in that department On the other hand, you're still relatively new to WooHooism, so little hiccups are to be expected

Ellie has spent the entire journey back reminding me how nice the sea bass was, and then decided when we got to Southampton that she was hungry so managed to finish a Subway sandwich before our connection home.
                          And yet she's such a slender little thing!

And have you called your workmates to let them know that you're both safely back home, and that we hadn't lured you down here with promises of yummy food in order to nab Ellie and sell her to the white slave trade?

This was just a trial run - next time.........

Comment

And have you called your workmates to let them know that you're both safely back home, and that we hadn't lured you down here with promises of yummy food in order to nab Ellie and sell her to the white slave trade?

This was just a trial run - next time.........

Don't even joke, they'll probably have a small aneurysm if I show them your post!!

Ellie has sleepily informed me this morning that Mommy's "computer friends" are very nice
                            sigpic

Comment

That's good to know

See how expertly we lulled her into a false sense of security

Comment

I know that my computer friends are extremely nice and I have absolutely no doubts that one day, when I actually am able to travel back to the UK, I will enjoy a very special meal with some dear people at a restaurant with fabulous desserts. I can dream, can't I?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X