The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I have no issue with horsemeat per se...I do, however, take issue something labeled one thing and actually being something else. Bison is really good - very lean. I eat venison. I eat rabbit. Plus all the average things. I'm not as adventurous as Joe but I don't mind trying most new things.
    Bison is delicious, as is elk. I've never been a huge fan of venison, but antelope is tasty if prepared properly. I've been dying to try duck. If I ever come across a place that does some sort of crispy roast duck, I won't hesitate!
    sigpic

Comment

duck is very good, but can be rather oily. Same with goose. You might look into a good Chinese place for crispy duck.
      sigpic

Comment

Here we think that in England eating horse meat is like a taboo. However I find it very good. It is also more expensive than beef. I also eat rabbit meat very often.
        And deer and roe meats are delicious too.
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

PNW bts with Danny and Martin .............

Comment

Awesome new bits. Martin has his shorts on. I'm happy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              Here we think that in England eating horse meat is like a taboo. However I find it very good. It is also more expensive than beef. I also eat rabbit meat very often.
              And deer and roe meats are delicious too.
              Yes, the British are just too squeamish for our own good

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Awesome new bits. Martin has his shorts on. I'm happy.
              *iz happy too*

Not because of the shorts, but just to see and hear him

And there was arm waving and handy-ness as well

Comment

Oh I didn't fail to miss the hand thing. As if I wood.

You're right on the squeamishness here. Personally, I'll eat almost anything; well I'd give it a try anyway. I've tried venison and didn't like it much but would be prepared to have my mind changed on that by a skilled chef.

How are you today Jumble? Still feeling rough or any better?
                sigpic

Comment

I've never tried venison (deer) or veal (baby calf), mainly because I've never had the opportunity. I've eaten shark, that was pretty good, and I like eel. I have a pack of garlic snails in the freezer waiting for me to pluck up the courage

I'm a lot better, thanks. I think I must have just had a mild dose, because it literally lasted 24 hours Good thing too, because Becky has got it really badly and needed someone to get some food in for the girls - WonderJumble to the rescue!

In my next incarnation I want to be someone really evil

Comment

Do pluck up the courage Jumble! Snails with garlic are absolutely fantastic. Frog's legs are great too. Hmmm, haven't been to a French restaurant in ages...
                    sigpic

Comment

I will Nola, one day

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        I've never tried venison (deer) or veal (baby calf), mainly because I've never had the opportunity. I've eaten shark, that was pretty good, and I like eel. I have a pack of garlic snails in the freezer waiting for me to pluck up the courage

Good luck with them!

I'm a lot better, thanks. I think I must have just had a mild dose, because it literally lasted 24 hours Good thing too, because Becky has got it really badly and needed someone to get some food in for the girls - WonderJumble to the rescue!

In my next incarnation I want to be someone really evil
                        Good to hear you are better and helping out. You can be really evil in your next life.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Good luck with them!
                          Ever tried them?

Good to hear you are better and helping out. You can be really evil in your next life.
                          I'm planning to be

I'll sell my soul to the Devil for information about who Martin reincarnated into and where to find him. Hopefully I'll get to him before he goes and gets himself hitched again

Martin can't read the sekrit small print, right?

Comment

Frog's legs I have had - didn't like them. I was in an Italian restaurant and it was served to the table with other "H'orderves" items - found them rubbery! Never been offered venison and have no idea what roe meat is - roe to me is fish eggs - like cavier - which is way to salty for my tastes. Not sure I've ever eaten eel but have had octopus in Spain - came looking like onion rings with suction cups - really tasty. Also deep fried in Chinese dimsum restaurants - yum! Veal is excellent if cooked right but snails - nope! To coin a phrase from Jumble -
                            sigpic

Comment

OMG!!! It has been forever since I had time to get on here. I have just been so busy with life. I got a new job, yay me. It pays more, moved out of my parents house, got a boyfriend, which takes up so much time. I have missed all of you and the hilarity of this thread. I hope all of the WooHoos are doing well. I don't have time to read all of the posts I gave missed. But know I think about all of you often. - The Elusive WooHoo out
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Crazy life is still crazy Don't think I've ever needed a holiday more

Glad you're feeling better Jumble, and welcome back max, and ooh puppies!

I'm reasonably unsqueamish when it comes to meat - I've tried springbok, ostrich, warthog, and kangaroo on trips abroad. (FWIW, springbok is like venison, ostrich quite beefy, warthog like pork and kangaroo is just yummy). I'm very squeamish when it comes to fish/seafood and anything weirder (insecty things for example)
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X