No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumble, so sorry to hear about Suz, sending her and all of you lots of good karma vibes and hugs.

*fingers crossed* her luck changes

Comment

Okay, needed some chocolate cake this afternoon, but didn't want a whole cake staring at me every time I walk into the kitchen saying "eat me". So, 4 minute cake it is! Updated (and tastier!) than the 5 minute kind: 1 box chocolate cake mix, 1 box angelfood cake mix. Put together in a large container and mix very thoroughly. (I used a gallon sized zip lock bag - bad choice because after about 10 shakes, it came unzipped! Gah! at least a cup of mix on the counter) Anywho, in a large mug or a cereal bowl, place 6 tablespoons of mix, 4 tablespoons of milk, and 2 tablespoons oil. Whisk it up for a second and pop into the microwave for 3 minutes. I put a touch of Nutella on top as "icing".

Nice thing is, after making up the mix it will store in the pantry and I can make a quick treat in just no time and no mess!
      sigpic

Comment

*sends hugs for Suz and Jumble*

*hugs WooHoos*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nola sounds awesome! Really need to try this 4 minute cake!

Comment

((((Suz))) So sorry for all of her loses... *fingers crossed that her year improves*
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Thanks WooHoos

Suz said yesterday that she's hoping that 2013 has dumped it's whole year's worth of bad stuff on her all at once so that the rest of the year will be good. I hope she's right!

Comment

Had a dream about you Cags.... you and your best friend were at an American football game where the guys were actually playing basketball, lol. And you had orange hair and your best friend had curly hair and one of the players approached you and kissed you and the whole stadion cheered. Then I dreamed that I woke up and told you about the dream but that was just a dream because I woke up again and told you about it again and that turned out to be a dream. So, fingers crossed this is the reality.
                sigpic

Comment

@ Dee - at least my dreams make some kind of sense

Saw this on FB ........

.... soooo true

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Saw this on FB ........

.... soooo true
                    oh yeah...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      Had a dream about you Cags.... you and your best friend were at an American football game where the guys were actually playing basketball, lol. And you had orange hair and your best friend had curly hair and one of the players approached you and kissed you and the whole stadion cheered. Then I dreamed that I woke up and told you about the dream but that was just a dream because I woke up again and told you about it again and that turned out to be a dream. So, fingers crossed this is the reality.

But... I didn't know you circa 1998; how come you were dreaming about us from then?

*prods Dee to make sure she's really awake*

Mine don't. Since I started the melatonin I have had some freaky dreams. Considering I never hardly remembered a single one before I took it, it's quite jarring. I can't help wondering if this is the first time I've actually been having proper, regular REM sleep. I think I might have to start writing them down.

True indeed.

Feeling a little perkier today, which is good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Mine don't. Since I started the melatonin I have had some freaky dreams. Considering I never hardly remembered a single one before I took it, it's quite jarring. I can't help wondering if this is the first time I've actually been having proper, regular REM sleep. I think I might have to start writing them down.
                        That's probably right - glad to hear the drugs are working And yes, keep a notepad and pen by your bed - if nothing else you'll have fun trying to figure it out in the morning

True indeed.

Glad to hear it

Comment

my router just died. fortunately, the big box electronics store was open and I was able to get another and get it set up right away. of course, when I went in, the young man immediately tried to sell me a model $30 more expensive than the brand I've been using for 15+ years. I've had very good experiences with the last three, so I saw no reason to spend extra for another brand.

I went through a half hour of internet deprivation!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

But... I didn't know you circa 1998; how come you were dreaming about us from then?

*prods Dee to make sure she's really awake*

True indeed.

And thanks for the prod
                            sigpic

Comment

Drugs, dreams and deprivation...
                              Sounds like a WooHoodStock tagline to me.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

That's probably right - glad to hear the drugs are working And yes, keep a notepad and pen by your bed - if nothing else you'll have fun trying to figure it out in the morning
                                Not a chance. Good old carpal tunnel syndrome means it takes a good 15 minutes to restore the feeling to my hands first thing I wake up. I do have an old dictaphone around here somewhere though; when I was on the systems team and travelled a lot, I used to dictate stuff to myself in the car all the time. Might try that. Still won't make any sense though.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                my router just died. fortunately, the big box electronics store was open and I was able to get another and get it set up right away. of course, when I went in, the young man immediately tried to sell me a model $30 more expensive than the brand I've been using for 15+ years. I've had very good experiences with the last three, so I saw no reason to spend extra for another brand.

I went through a half hour of internet deprivation!!!!
                                Quite right; if it ain't broke and all that but... half an hour internetless? Did you not lapse into a coma?

The joy of the smartphone and an unlimited data contract is I'm never without the net. Actually it's not such a joy sometimes!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Drugs, dreams and deprivation...
                                Sounds like a WooHoodStock tagline to me.
                                Movie script to be submitted to...er... Broccoli Studios inc.

Well, I think I now know what my virusy thing was; Ben woke up with the dreaded chicken pox this morning. Guess I was having a reaction to the virus (no no, pox, you made me miserable the first time; you don't get another crack at my body). He's a bit spotty and milking it for all he's worth (men!) but otherwise fine. Me, meanwhile, am trying to work out how the heck I'm suppose to send off my small mountain of ebay sales today when I can't get to the post office. Drag spotty child in tow? Wait for a neighbour to come home? Urgh!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X