The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    I swear every time I pop by and lurk Nad is nekkid!
    When is she not?

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
    There's 8 of them. Mama and babies are doing great!
    Glad to hear they all arrived safely

Comment

Oh sweet puppies! What time did they finally arrive? How many males/females? I always have a soft spot for the runt
      sigpic

Comment

Puuuuuppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        I swear every time I pop by and lurk Nad is nekkid!
        Am not!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        When is she not?

Glad to hear they all arrived safely
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Oh sweet puppies! What time did they finally arrive? How many males/females? I always have a soft spot for the runt
          They started coming at about 9 a.m., and #8 was born around 1:30 p.m. There are 3 girls and 5 boys. The runt seems to be #8, but they're all a good, healthy size. Even though she didn't start delivering till 9, I was up at 6 cuz she had started labor. It's been a long day.
          sigpic

Comment

longer for her I'd imagine! Before you know it, they'll be underfoot scampering all over the place!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              longer for her I'd imagine! Before you know it, they'll be underfoot scampering all over the place!
              I can't wait!
              sigpic

Comment

Puppies ..... love puppies! Congrats on the large addition to your family!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Puppies ..... love puppies! Congrats on the large addition to your family!
                  Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

we will expect regular photo updates you know!
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently doctors are calling for a tax on sugary drinks to help reduce the obesity problem in the UK. Is it me, or are they missing the obvious? Limiting the amount of sugar in those drinks would surely be a better move?

They're also calling for fast-food providers to be banned within a certain distance of schools. That wood mean none at all in Farnham, because there's a school on practically every corner

Surely it wood make better sense for schools to stop children wandering off at lunchtime? Surely it wood be better if the schools themselves wood stop selling sweets, crisps and junk food to the kids?

There was one sensible suggestion - teach new parents how to feed their children a healthy diet! Although I wood have thought it wood be better to teach them that before they become parents

R.I.P. Richard Briers

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Apparently doctors are calling for a tax on sugary drinks to help reduce the obesity problem in the UK. Is it me, or are they missing the obvious? Limiting the amount of sugar in those drinks would surely be a better move?

They're also calling for fast-food providers to be banned within a certain distance of schools. That wood mean none at all in Farnham, because there's a school on practically every corner

Surely it wood make better sense for schools to stop children wandering off at lunchtime? Surely it wood be better if the schools themselves wood stop selling sweets, crisps and junk food to the kids?

There was one sensible suggestion - teach new parents how to feed their children a healthy diet! Although I wood have thought it wood be better to teach them that before they become parents

R.I.P. Richard Briers
                        We are having the same discussion about fast food and schools, but we do have a lot of attention for awareness about what they sell indoors as well.
                        Funny thing is that the campaign against coffee shops near schools is bigger and more successful.

I agree. Food education should start at home. If you start banning stores. you might as well close those in the proximity of children's homes.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

And let me just point out that I am making my way to my 69 alone and before Cags.
                          *mutters something about all talk, no action*

And why is it that when I'm here all the time, no one else is? Is it because I'm little?
                          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 18 February 2013, 12:57 PM.

sigpic

Comment

They have had that discussion and have taken some action here in the US. Some schools no longer sell soda and candy in their schools (great idea) and have replaced them with healtier drinks and snacks.

As for banning places near schools - if a business is already there - can they ask them to go out of business or move....doesn't seem very feasible to me! And totally unfair.

Jumble has the right idea - educate the parents, get them involved in having healtier meals and snacks in all schools. And keeping kids on the campus. Wondering around the areas or driving somewhere during lunch in not a good idea. All schools should restrict leaving the campus during the entire school day. I remember as a kid wondering off with friends and doing things we probably should not have been doing ( ) - but never really bad things just stupid things!
                            Last edited by llp; 18 February 2013, 01:18 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

You're almost there Nad

The school rules do restrict children from leaving the premises during lunch, but nobody seems able to enforce it, so we get children wandering off to the local chippie or buying junk from the mini-mart

Unfortunately we have had several generations of parents that let their kids eat and drink what they like, either because they don't know any better or because they are too weak to enforce healthier attitudes to good diet

I find it incredible that in this day and age we still have six and seven-year-olds having their teeth filled because they are badly decayed. With children that young I totally blame the parents - how can their kids consume sugary food and drinks if the parents don't buy them? Answer is: they can't! Most of my teeth are either filled or plastic, because when I was a child there was no anti-sugar/dental health education. I am very proud of the fact that none of my children have had any of their teeth filled or removed because of decay, despite my dear mother doing her best to feed them loads of sugar I just said 'No', and they didn't have it

/rant

Comment

Not nekkid.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X