Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *flops on couch*

Well that's the OFSTED inspection over for another few years It wasn't bad. Didn't get the same one as last time (Yay!), instead got two nice ladies who, although still pointing out my failings regarding paperwork and the OFSTED Framework blah blah blah, did, in the end, tell me that I am obviously very gifted and intuitive when it comes to caring for children and so calm with them that they feel safe and loved Quote: "In the end, one only has to look at your children to see that they are thriving, and are very happy and content with you."

*takes a bow*

Oh wait! Isn't that what I've been telling them for years is the most important thing?

*goes to get a well-deserved cup of coffee*
    Oh my goodness, a sensible comment from Ofsted inspectors?! Never thought I'd see the day!

Seriously though, congrats on getting through it and that's a wonderful thing to have said about you. It is what matters, and it's why you are so good at your job, and no government-mandated bureaucracy can ever matter one iota compared to that.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    You are spot on. Elizabeth II is also the Queen of Canada so we do follow what goes on. It is her absolute sense of duty that will prevent her from abdicating (although past history plays a role). I view that as a trait to be admired. One of the reasons that I still favour the Queen as our official head of state rather than some nitwit politician. We have enough of those thank you very much.
    Amen! That's the reason I'm in favour of the monarchy. The thought of having some self-promoting politician (like Tony Blair ) as president is not a pleasant one. I like having a dignified, apolitical head of state. I don't view it as undemocratic because she essentially has no power, and we have a parliament we vote for who actually have legislative and executive authority (for better or worse ).

*off to read Dan Shea's blog*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Oh my goodness, a sensible comment from Ofsted inspectors?! Never thought I'd see the day!

Seriously though, congrats on getting through it and that's a wonderful thing to have said about you. It is what matters, and it's why you are so good at your job, and no government-mandated bureaucracy can ever matter one iota compared to that.
      Absolutely! Good on you Jumble for jumping through (most) of their hoops and hopefully making them sing to your tune a little bit more

*off to read Dan Shea's blog*
      It's awesome !

Although...no comments ! Come on Woohoos!!!

EDIT: Also, I wonder how many of us snorted in the third paragraph

Comment

I tried following and commenting on it earlier but it took me to a sort of funny error page.

Maybe it's my browser; it can be... interesting at times.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Yay! Well done. See you just need to have the right people with the right attitude to see beyond the silliness.
          Thanks Yes, and it was interesting to hear what they had to say 'off the record and purely from a personal point of view' about the changes being made to the adult/child ratios for nurseries and Childminders

And something else to make you happy... look what I found in Sainsbury's today:

Yay! Proper custard!

Apparently the latest thing is calls for mandatory drug testing in all jobs. Apparently to dissuade people from taking drugs. Er, surely that would just dissuade drug takers from getting jobs?
          Not only that, but they're saying if anyone proves positive but refuses to do anything about it they can be sacked immediately - that'll help with the unemployment figures

Originally posted by llp View Post
          And for JUMBLE - a very big congrats to you! Although I didn't expect anything less from you. I've seen the way you train you wards - nicely done!
          Thank you The children behaved beautifully - polite, interested, responsive and affectionate *hugs them*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

It's lovely when it'd mixed up, having the added bonus of you being able to control who much fat and sugar you add yourself. It's how custard (unless you're actually making it from scratch) used to be made before we all got lazy and bought it ready made.
          That's why I love it

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          I know, I struggled to keep the shocked look off my face

Thanks

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Absolutely! Good on you Jumble for jumping through (most) of their hoops and hopefully making them sing to your tune a little bit more
          Thanks Actually, I didn't jump through any hoops - kept my feet firmly on the ground and took a 5 second pause before I said anything. And you all know how hard that was for me

It's awesome !

Although...no comments ! Come on Woohoos!!!

EDIT: Also, I wonder how many of us snorted in the third paragraph
          Er........ I guess I should go and read it then...........

Comment

*flops on couch* What a day! I'm sending Girlkid off to an early bed any minute now. She's been up since 4 a.m., after all. She's at the goofy-giggly stage right now. Best to get her settled in before she gets to the grouchy-screaming stage.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been at the grouchy-screaming stage all day. Fortunately, it was test day for most of my classes, so they were quiet. I was quite the dragon today!
              sigpic

Comment

Ugh! Remind me not to stay out late on a week-night - 6am came waaaaay too fast

*hugs grouchy WooHoos*
                Last edited by Jumble; 31 January 2013, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Hello all! It's bee a crazy few weeks. School is keeping me quite busy most days. However, I did get to go to our local Dr. Who mini con this past weekend. I was the Steampunk TARDIS. It was a lot of fun. Now if only we had a local Stargate con I'd be set.
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

*waves to Padme*

AfA challenge entry...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      *waves to Padme*

AfA challenge entry...........

*waves back*

Love the entry! I wish I had time to make something, but I have four more journal articles to read and three of them are over 20 pages! I have until the end of next week, but I'd rather get them done sooner rather than later.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning all (or few)! Well, after looking outside I notice it is raining, how different can we (not) be! This is my quiet day - absolutely nothing happening unless taking the garbage can to the curb counts as doing something! I hope not! So what is everyone up to today....as for me - not much! (sorry what are the two of you up to today - small audience today! )

(Seems my timing is as good as always - seem to miss you guys more then catch you here! Oh well - such is life! )
                        Last edited by llp; 31 January 2013, 09:37 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

*runz through thread nekkid*
                          sigpic

Comment

Is that a Horace guard helmet on Joe's head, LJ?

sigpic

Comment

Count me in as another grouchy Woohoo today Sore throat, slight temperature, too many people fussing at work...

*curls up on couch with tea*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*bounces into the thread*

I just had to come in here and share my good news.

I'm going back into the workforce! It's only a temporary position but it's a job with a paycheck! I never thought I'd be so happy about working again. I'm crossing my fingers that it works into something permanent so I can go back to having medical benefits again. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

*bounces out*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X