No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok 2012, you've got 21 days left to run - what the heck else are you going to throw at me? You know, just to make it a perfect crap year

Comment

Oh nos Jumble! What now?

*huggles*
      sigpic

Comment

Suz has had an accident. She's not badly hurt but the car is a total write-off Which is going to make it difficult for her to get to work - back of beyond, an hour's walk from the nearest station. I know it could have been worse, she's very lucky to have escaped serious injury, but on top of everything else that's happened this year (most of which I've kept to myself ), it's just too bloody much

Comment

Oh Jumble Poor Suz So glad she's not too badly hurt, and hope she recovers quickly, but what a horrible thing to happen Sending you both big hugs.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh noes! you've only shared the shoulder woes, and that was horrible enough for one year. So sorry to hear that her car is wrecked, but glad that she's not badly hurt. An hour from the nearest station? That's much too far to walk either before OR after work.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Oh noes! you've only shared the shoulder woes, and that was horrible enough for one year. So sorry to hear that her car is wrecked, but glad that she's not badly hurt. An hour from the nearest station? That's much too far to walk either before OR after work.
              She struggled for so long - setting off at 6am and not getting back home until 8 or 9pm after doing what is a physically demanding job - when she passed her test she was overjoyed because it enabled her to cut four hours out of her day. And now this! And in winter too There's no way she can get another car - she and Mike are both on low wages and still living in a tiny bungalow with his mum - the whole thing is a nightmare. And I can't help her financially, but that's another story I'll do what I can to help her get to work and back, but if we get any snow I'll be stuck too.

The only way to get to the stables where she works is to go down some very narrow, winding, up and down hill lanes - I hate those even in the summer because if something is coming the other way one of you has to back up a looooong way in order to let the other car/tractor/van get past. That's always assuming you see them coming in time to stop - which is what happened to Suz. She was going uphill, the road was wet, and a car coming down the hill couldn't stop in time on the slippery, muddy road. Head-on collision, both cars wrecked. Very lucky nobody was hurt.

As for the shoulder, that was the least of it And it's been very painful again the last couple of weeks Not as bad as it was, but enough to need more meds

Yes, fed-up with 2012 - roll on 2013

Comment

*hugs for Jumble and Suz*
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*huggles Suz*

What a nightmare. I would say at least she's ok but it's cold comfort when you've got no car. ironically, had she been hurt there'd at least be a chance of compensation which might have paid for a new car. Guess it's all going to come down to what the insurance says now, what they pay out for her old car.

Things will get better Jumble; you have to believe (and hope) or it'd all be pointless. *squishy huggles*

Ewan's here at the moment. Apparently my entire family happened to be round his last night when my niece decided to call me and... er... yeah, provoked me into unleashing the Home Truths, shall we say. Kind of explains it (booze was obviously flowing), but also I guess at least I don't have to go round telling people what happened etc. etc. Not really caring whose "side" they're all on, since the whole fiasco is about me not wanting to take sides in the first place.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    *huggles Suz*

What a nightmare. I would say at least she's ok but it's cold comfort when you've got no car. ironically, had she been hurt there'd at least be a chance of compensation which might have paid for a new car. Guess it's all going to come down to what the insurance says now, what they pay out for her old car.
                    That wood be zilch A newly qualified driver under 25? Not a hope in heck's chance of affording comprehensive insurance She's paid more in premiums than the car was worth But then, as has just been pointed out to me, that solid old Vectra protected her like no little Mini or Ka could have

Things will get better Jumble; you have to believe (and hope) or it'd all be pointless. *squishy huggles*
                    They will? Let me know when that's likely to happen will you?

Ewan's here at the moment. Apparently my entire family happened to be round his last night when my niece decided to call me and... er... yeah, provoked me into unleashing the Home Truths, shall we say. Kind of explains it (booze was obviously flowing), but also I guess at least I don't have to go round telling people what happened etc. etc. Not really caring whose "side" they're all on, since the whole fiasco is about me not wanting to take sides in the first place.
                    That's good

Give Ewan a hug for me

Comment

*huggs Jumble and Suz*

*hugs Wendy* Leg cramps suck
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

WOOHOODSTOCK SEKRIT SANTA!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PM ME YOUR GIFTS BY 19TH DECEMBER!!!

If anyone can't meet the deadline, please let me know asap

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          The house was originally 1100 sq ft, but we converted the garage to a den which upped it. I guess it's medium-sized. Seems like everyone I know has much, much larger houses though. We have a very large yard - one of the big advantages of living in the suburbs. We used to have two big trees in the front yard, and with the drought, they died. Here's a recent pic from GoogleEarth - very uninspiring in the fall.
                          So what part of the country do you live in?
                          sigpic

Comment

Have you seen GW's avi's? Glad I can use a custom one

Comment

Oh my, we are a poorly little group aren't we. Big WOOHOO hugs to Jumble and Suz and Cags and Wendy.

Here's hoping 2013 is a great year for all!
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs Suz and Jumble*
                                *hugs Wendy or the leg cramps*
                                *hugs Cags for the funky family*
                                *hugs WooHoos*

What's this about GW's avi's?
                                EDIT: Ah. I see.

Oh and love the advent, Mr!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X