Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    *hugs Jakie* Sorry to hear that
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

    Comment


      Congrats Antoa! Very exciting

      *hugs Jakie* I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you still

      Edit: Two by two...
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

      Comment


        Congrats Antoa

        *huggles Jakie*

        Spent the afternoon at Sophie's 7th birthday party - how some parents can allow their children to behave so abominably in someone else's home and keep looking the other way is waaaaaaay beyond me

        Now off to the station to pick Rob up

        Edit: I'm cargo?
        Last edited by Jumble; 27 April 2013, 11:33 AM.

        Comment


          Big huggles Jakie.

          Yay Antoa. Home ownership is so much... fun.


          I came home from being out and about today to find the cats has knocked a whole tub if dried catnip off the counter and my kitchen was covered in it. They both look kind of spaced out and relaxed right about now, so suspect they've spent the afternoon rolling in the stuff and getting happy happy happy.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            was it positively going to be a call today? *hugs*
            Yes, they told us Friday was their deadline.

            But it's fine. I was still top 4, right? It's something!

            Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Spent the afternoon at Sophie's 7th birthday party - how some parents can allow their children to behave so abominably in someone else's home and keep looking the other way is waaaaaaay beyond me
            How parents allow their children to behave in public, period. I've seen so many horrible things at my two work places. Sometimes, it makes me sorry for the children.
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

            Comment


              I like the bit about never mind leaving a better planet for our children, how about leaving better children behind for our planet???
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                No luck, no phone calls.

                But I'm okay. It could have been worse. I ate my emotions tonight (), and a friend forced me to go shopping to cheer me up (which is ironic really considering I need all my savings now more than ever since the scholarship feel through). I didn't really buy anything, only a scarf to replace the one I forgot in London back in November (), but it's the thought that counts. And she did cheer me up!

                I also finished catching up on Doctor Who! I'm ready for tomorrow's episode.
                I'm sorry to hear that Jakie. I am glad that the "fieldtrip" helped! And in our book you are in the top "1"

                And welcome to the land of "Home Ownership" Antoa - I wish you many happy and wonderful years in your new home!
                Last edited by llp; 27 April 2013, 05:54 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I like the bit about never mind leaving a better planet for our children, how about leaving better children behind for our planet???
                  Great idea - but how about both!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by llp View Post
                    I'm sorry to hear that Jakie. I am glad that the "fieldtrip" helped! And in our book you are in the top "1"
                    Aww. *huggles* Thank you!
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      Yes, they told us Friday was their deadline.

                      But it's fine. I was still top 4, right? It's something!
                      Yep, that's an achievement to be proud of


                      How parents allow their children to behave in public, period. I've seen so many horrible things at my two work places. Sometimes, it makes me sorry for the children.
                      Yes, pity the children that are allowed to grow up with no social guidelines and no moral conscience, because their lives will be the worse for it It's hard, even for me, to like them as children - who will like them as adults?

                      Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I like the bit about never mind leaving a better planet for our children, how about leaving better children behind for our planet???
                      Exactly

                      Comment


                        *huggles Jakie*

                        Top 4 is an amazing achievement.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

                        Comment


                          Sorry you didn't get the scholarship Jackie *hugs*

                          Talking about parents letting their children get away with things. I took Ellie and a couple of her Friends out for lunch today, yes they were chatty and a little loud but to be fair TGI Fridays is not the quietest of places anyway. While the girls were eating an adorable little toddler was walking up and down the aisle which was fine right up until he climbed into the booth behind us and helped himself to the food that was on the table, to say the people who's table it was were not best pleased is kind of an understatement. The parents response? 'Oh he's only a baby, he doesn't know any better.' I think the person who's food he ate very nearly blew a blood vessel!

                          Oh and look what I put together today.... and yes Ellie has already started decorating it

                          Spoiler:


                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Sorry you didn't get the scholarship Jackie *hugs*

                            Talking about parents letting their children get away with things. I took Ellie and a couple of her Friends out for lunch today, yes they were chatty and a little loud but to be fair TGI Fridays is not the quietest of places anyway. While the girls were eating an adorable little toddler was walking up and down the aisle which was fine right up until he climbed into the booth behind us and helped himself to the food that was on the table, to say the people who's table it was were not best pleased is kind of an understatement. The parents response? 'Oh he's only a baby, he doesn't know any better.' I think the person who's food he ate very nearly blew a blood vessel!
                            And at what point will they decide that he's not a baby anymore and expect him to suddenly unlearn all the bad habits they've allowed him to develop and start behaving properly?

                            Another phrase I hate is 'boys will be boys' in order to excuse over-rough play or other outrageous behaviour. Boys will be whatever they are taught or allowed to be, and they will continue that behaviour into adulthood - whence, no doubt, their mothers will do everything for them because they're 'boys', so that when they marry some poor unsuspecting girls they will also be expected to do everything for their men because they don't know how to tie their shoelaces on their own let alone clean a loo or make a sandwich!

                            /rant



                            Oh and look what I put together today.... and yes Ellie has already started decorating it

                            Niiiice!
                            Last edited by Jumble; 28 April 2013, 11:00 AM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              Hello Woohoo's!

                              Just coming out of the lurking corner to share my good news.

                              As of today I am officially a home owner!

                              All that is left is to move all the things!
                              Awesome! congrats!

                              Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                              Yeah for Antoa getting her own "Sanctuary"!! And everyone else with good news..puppies, fingers crossed for scholarship etc

                              5 weeks and counting...not that I am getting excited or anything.....who am I kidding!!!
                              Keep smiling.

                              Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                              No luck, no phone calls.

                              But I'm okay. It could have been worse. I ate my emotions tonight (), and a friend forced me to go shopping to cheer me up (which is ironic really considering I need all my savings now more than ever since the scholarship feel through). I didn't really buy anything, only a scarf to replace the one I forgot in London back in November (), but it's the thought that counts. And she did cheer me up!

                              I also finished catching up on Doctor Who! I'm ready for tomorrow's episode.

                              And Antoa, congrats on homeownership!
                              ((Hugs))


                              Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

                              Comment


                                That's an awesome bed! Lucky Ellie!

                                Another Sunday singing for me. And we're all now seriously starting to get on tenterhooks for my new niece or nephew to arrive... any day now...
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X