No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles all* Losing a pet is always sad, but circumstances can make it indeed worse!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      *waves*

Having an amazing time with my 'second family' in North Van. Dropping in to say hi and show off the view from today's hike up a mountain in snow shoes. I had never snow shoed before. Amazing. And the view from the top? Astounding. Took my breath away.

Spoiler:
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x125/MidwifeonBoard/770779d3.jpg[/IMG]

Yay! *huggles martin*

*huggles jumble*

You are far more optimistic than I! Im with you that SyFy has had the numbers for some time, and having friends who've worked on shows on that channel, I think their silence is more dooming than inspiring. Though I'd love to be proven very, very wrong.
      I am a glass-half-full kind of gal.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Good evening WooHoos!

It's really late and I'm tired. We had an open house of sorts at school tonight - elective fair. To be honest, I didn't talk to one single person about Sociology! I did tell a few incoming freshmen about the geography that they were destined to take. They're not allowed electives until they become upper classmen.

On laptops - I had a Compaq for quite a few years and it served me loyally. towards the end it became very cranky, but it was old - I forget how old, probably close to 7 years. The new one is a Lenovo. Whatever you get, my advice is to get it as loaded as you can afford and that way you'll be much happier for much longer.

Today's bits:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../diplomacy.jpg
      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...nareangels.jpg
      Just want to say I always enjoy your little sayings.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      *iz super duper sad for Joe*

((Joe))

Originally posted by llp View Post
      What to comment on....so much going on so I'm going to start with the hardest one, poor Joe. I know exactly what he is going through.

When my mother was sick we had three cats. One died and another one was on it's way. The third one was Sammie, the "baby" of the family and a new arrival only a few months before. The older cats sensed how sick my mother was getting and they hung around her a lot. When HollyBear died it really upset my mother. The other older cat, Robbie was our favorite. We needed to give him an injection once a day for liquids. A little difficult at first but apparently it didn't seem to hurt her unless I messed up with the needle. Fortunately I got pretty good at it and it didn't happen often and not at all after about the third week or so. This went on for over 2 months.

But then my mom went into the hospital and everything changed. Robbie missed her terribly and started to fail. I think he sensed my mom's condition more than me. I did everything I could to keep him alive until she got home. But finally on a Sunday I couldn't do it anymore. It was starting to hurt him and that was not what I wanted to do. The last time I tried 4 times but couldn't get the needle in properly anymore, he was too dehydrated. I had to take him to the vet on Sunday to put him down.

My biggest mistake, not staying with him during the procedure. (People if you can do it - do yourself a favor and talk to and pet your little friend - it will help you both -I think! I still so regret not doing it and it has been over 4 years now.)

I never told my mom that day, just couldn't do it. And surprise, I never saw my mother alive again after I left that evening......she died the next day. She wasn't suppose to die, but it was as if Robbie knew and finally decided it was his turn and he wanted to be there to meet her when she showed. My mom past early the next morning. I believe animals have a better sense of this more then people because we have relied too much (rightfully so) on speech.

And I now I'm crying so much I can't go on with this. Need to go calm down. Strange how one memory can bring it all back.
      ((llp))

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* I had no idea that was your table!!!! AWesome!!!! <3

And *huggles* for emotions, those little pesky things get us every time!
      My table too! And Claire's!

huggles for Jumble and Dee as well.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

My table too! And Claire's!

huggles for Jumble and Dee as well.
        *fist pump* Yey!

Edit: and since we're talking about pets, my doggy likes chewing gum... but only if it's out of it's wrapping... really hates it when it's wrapped. She takes it with her and stares at it sadly...
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

OMG! Robert Vaughn is in Coronation Street

This could be the time to end my 50+ year Corrie watch
          Last edited by Jumble; 27 January 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            OMG! Robert Vaughan is in Coronation Street

This could be the time to end my 50+ year Corrie watch
            omg... you've been watching a show for 50 years??? ...I'm ignoring the + sign
            And you're considering stopping it because of one actor?
            sigpic

Comment

omg... you've been watching a show for 50 years??? ...I'm ignoring the + sign
              And you're considering stopping it because of one actor?
              I watched it from my cradle from the day I was born

Not just any actor - the one actor that makes my skin crawl no matter what character he's playing or what show he's in. Can.not.stand.him.

Comment

*huggles for everyone*

It's been 2 days and Kitty is still not talking to me - although the lambs heart I am lovingly hand-feeding her appears to be making some headway She has a checkup tomorrow, can't see her wanting to go back in her box though!!

On a completely unrelated note. My huge new bean bag turned up today. Look!!

And it's green!!

sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I watched it from my cradle from the day I was born

Not just any actor - the one actor that makes my skin crawl no matter what character he's playing or what show he's in. Can.not.stand.him.
                  Yeah, I don't like him either He's just so... dramatically annoying

Edit: awesome bean bag Mr! ...wannnnnt one!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't like him either He's just so... dramatically annoying
                    He's also just........ slimy! I had to stop watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E. because of him, despite David McCallum also being in it

Hopefully his bit part in Corrie won't last very long..........

Edit: awesome bean bag Mr! ...wannnnnt one!
                    I don't think I've ever seen one that big - and kitty seems to like it

Comment

He's also just........ slimy! I had to stop watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E. because of him, despite David McCallum also being in it

Hopefully his bit part in Corrie won't last very long..........

I don't think I've ever seen one that big - and kitty seems to like it

Aww David McCallum is one of my favorite actors ever

The bean bag is about 180x130cm (told you was big!!) going to use it as extra seating as my house isn't big enough for another sofa and when Ellie has a sleep over it can be used as a bed for the delightful little munchkins!!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*hugs WooHoos, Joe , kittens, beanbags and ...actors.*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Who is Robert Vaughn?

So cute MR!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            Who is Robert Vaughn?

So cute MR!!

Robert Vaughn

*shudders*

Comment

Robert Vaughn

*shudders*
                              You know, I can't say I've ever seen him before! Looks a bit slimy though....

Comment

Robert Vaughn

*shudders*
                                Wow. That list is very long, yet I know him from nothing...
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X