Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Hey Y'all!

Back from a beautiful day in the North Fork of Long Island exploring LI wine country. So lovely. I didn't drink too much because I was driving, but some tastes here and there. Probably had about 2 glasses of wine total over the course of the day. I even got to take a little nap in the breezy sunshine of one of the vineyards. *sigh* Lovely. Just popping in to say hi before snuggling into bed with my book.
    Aww! Such a great relaxing day!

LOL. Stephen Colbert would be so proud of our PTB

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...xrs=share_copy
    OMG!!! Sooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughed so much! Thanks!
    And at least Amanda's conscious of the problem and doing her part
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
      Probably shouldn't risk it. I was never very good at... dodgeball... so you know... the odds wouldn't be in my favour

The cats would eat it? how peculiar! How's your appendix these days? Hopefully not grumbling?
      Oh my! So that's what the noise is!!!!

I asked the doctor if I could see mine when they'd taken it out. I was curious *shrugs* it was strange looking
      *shudders* The curiosity killed the cat!

And re: motherships... artificial gravity?
      Smartypants! My imagination was running wild and I was being properlly grossed out. Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

(((((((((Sanctuary))))))))))))

Edit: I have just decided to quit smoking...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Oh my! So that's what the noise is!!!!
          you know what I mean
          And if you don't...
          http://www.ehow.com/about_5332905_sy...-appendix.html

Smartypants! My imagination was running wild and I was being properlly grossed out. Thanks!
          Well I'm sure it malfunctions sometimes if you'd like to return to being grossed out

Edit: I have just decided to quit smoking...
          Good luck How long have you been a smoker?
          sigpic
          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

you know what I mean
            And if you don't...
            http://www.ehow.com/about_5332905_sy...-appendix.html
            This is the very reason why I don't ever google anything relating medical thingies!

Well I'm sure it malfunctions sometimes if you'd like to return to being grossed out

Good luck How long have you been a smoker?
            Ten years. I think that's enough. *nods*

Edit: Now there's actually something grumbling... I'm not sure if I'm hugry or having an appendix attack
            sigpic

Comment

Ten years. I think that's enough. *nods*
              So what new addiction are you going to get to replace the old one of smoking? My dad's addicted to those horrid nicotine tablet thingys. I wouldn't recommend them. Although I suppose it's better for your lungs

Yay for the AT pics
              whispers... she's my fave PTB

Edit: Now there's actually something grumbling... I'm not sure if I'm hugry or having an appendix attack
              Awww well if it's just a bit bothersome I'm sure you're alright.
              If it becomes agonising and you double over in pain - that's prob a hospital jobby

*note to self not to link anything medical again*
              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=lastrequest;12838549]So what new addiction are you going to get to replace the old one of smoking? My dad's addicted to those horrid nicotine tablet thingys. I wouldn't recommend them. Although I suppose it's better for your lungs

drugs Nothing probably... I don't know I haven't thought about it.
                [quote[
                Yay for the AT pics
                whispers... she's my fave PTB
                Mine too! Shhh! Don't tell anyone!

Awww well if it's just a bit bothersome I'm sure you're alright.
                If it becomes agonising and you double over in pain - that's prob a hospital jobby

*note to self not to link anything medical again*
                *me supports this note* Btw, the amount of your sympathy is overwhelming!

One more from me (which leaves me with no arties for the actual party):

...and I'm off to bed.

Wohoood Night all! Or Wooohood Day depending on where you are!
                sigpic

Comment

Nothing probably... I don't know I haven't thought about it
                  lol!
                  (and just out of interest, I couldn't quote 'drugs' with the line through it... is that done on here? or with some other special sort of tool I'm not aware of? me=knowsnothing)

Mine too! Shhh! Don't tell anyone!
                  Oh I won't It's good to know.
                  And if we hadn't already friended each other this knowledge totally would have done it

*me supports this note* Btw, the amount of your sympathy is overwhelming!
                  I try

One more from me (which leaves me with no arties for the actual party):

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...rty/atstar.jpg

...and I'm off to bed.
                  Nn
                  sigpic

Comment

Good luck with the quitting DevilishMe I know it's really hard. The hubster has been a long-time smoker and only quit once for a year. He never made it for good. You can do it! We're all rooting for you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Idk, I thought the eps were pretty cool. The only one that I really didn't like was Metamorphosis but that was because of the creature Will turned into... I don't know, I just wish they had better monsters But I loved that 'looking right at you' thing.
                      There were, for the first time, several eps I wasn't happy with for various reasons Even one that Martin did direct

I'm guessing there was lots of producing for Martin there... Still, eight eps out of 20, that's like almost half of the show... that's a lot!
                      Absolutely, and I know they were all exhausted from doing the 20..... which is why I'm glad they're only doing 13 for S4 - I just felt that doing 20 meant the show got a little 'diluted' *shrugs*

And we shall see for the S4, given that Robin will direct one, and he spent as much time with Martin so far, I can't help but wonder
                      Hm.

And if they're captured?????
                      So sorry Aphofis but I have to go have surgery and then I'll be right back to have you torture me
                      I never thought of that

well, it was my sister who told me it. She reads these science-journal-type things. That said her facts can be hit and miss
                      I was in hospital having my appendix out just before my 18th so I couldn't celebrate and for some reason she thought it would cheer me up to tell me "but hey, you can go into space now..."
                      Had mine out when I was 10 - haven't missed it

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      g'nite Jumble. sleep tight. and dream...of your favorite director hehehe
                      Sadly not, haven't had a Martin dream in quite a while

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Given the enormous amount of work and prep time that go into directing an ep. Nearly half is a LOT in addition to his producing duties! That's really going above and beyond. I'm ginormously impressed he directed that many. I guess it makes me a bad fangirl that I wasn't aware of the number though...
                      I know, they all worked their socks off! I guess that makes me a bad fangirl for not loving the results

Revamped an old sig for this week's challenge.........

Comment

Hello and *hugs* to all the woohoos...

Been out house hunting all day - found nothing big enough or "cheap" enough, but I did get all over the place. Going to try Bellevue and Renton tomorrow. All in the same area. The Renton place in along Elliott Bay so that would be nice. Bellevue is a really great place to live as well. Opposite side of Lake Washington as Seattle. Easier to live in than Seattle as well. And all part of King County. Really just minutes from each other.

Actually, I found a really nice place in Bellevue, large enough as well, but too expensive. Because it is brand new, they will give me the first month free which brings the price down to a reasonable amount (11 payments divided by 12 months). Only problem - the following year it will go to 12 payments and they will probably raise the rent. I don't want to keep moving! The place in Renton is about the same cost of the 11 payments to the Bellevue place so I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Plus they will take a 16 month lease which guarantees the rate longer. Also a new place (less than a year old) it looks good on "paper", but you never know until you see the place. Then I have to rush home....cousins are in town in the afternoon. We are going out to dinner tomorrow or is that today. It is after midnight. And I must be tired because I am chatting away and saying nothing.....so "goodnight" to all!

Morning Jumble!
                        sigpic

Comment

*waves to Laurie*

I hope you have better luck with the house-hunting today, and enjoy dinner with the cousins Where are you eating?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            *waves to Laurie*

I hope you have better luck with the house-hunting today, and enjoy dinner with the cousins Where are you eating?
                            Have no idea.....probably somewhere over in Bellevue. They love Thai food, so maybe that. Not sure I have the energy to house hunt today so I might put it off until Monday. Did get a goody bag at one place and they had little bits of chocolate, nut, and a bottle of water in it. LUNCH! That is about all I accomplished today. Oh I got to go through more pages on the house as well. Had the big "walk through" inspection. I guess that went fine. Was told I needed to buy 2 Carbon Monoxide alarms (new law) and repair the smoke alarms. I wrote back that it's not a problem, but maybe they should replace the battery in the 2 smoke alarms first. I'm sure the tenants never did in the 4 years they lived there!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh and I also found out that California is going to take a bigger chunk out of my meager profits.....they changed the law. Have 2 things going against me there....the higher rate and the fact the place is not my residence. Can't win. But whatever, at least I won't be shelling out the property taxes out of my pocket any more!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Oh and I also found out that California is going to take a bigger chunk out of my meager profits.....they changed the law. Have 2 things going against me there....the higher rate and the fact the place is not my residence. Can't win. But whatever, at least I won't be shelling out the property taxes out of my pocket any more!
                                Yeah, they sting you for Capital Gains Tax here if you sell a house that isn't your main residence But like you say, you'll be better off once it's sold

Previous discussion sparked the muse.........

Comment

Working...
                                X