No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little bit of Damian Did you know that he directed the last ep of S3??
    Since I always assume it's Martin, regardless that I know that it's quite impossible that he'll be directing every ep, I saw that shot (little spoiler, but if you don't want to be spoiled, you shouldn't have had candy when you were little!!!)...
    Spoiler:
    of Will and Kate in the hollow earth refugee camp and then a 360 or something on them... and I really thought that it was Martin, so I checked and was pleasantly surprised to see that Damian has directed it.
    I love it how they all have similar styles. Meaning Martin, Amanda and Damian. Must be somebodies influence.

sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
      And to add to that little bit of trivia, I hear you have to have your appendix removed before going into space too.
      Don't know how factual that is but hey
      THE STARGATE HAS LIED TO US ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!!

*shakes head in disappointment* Daniel didn't have his appendix removed until S4...
      sigpic

Comment

Well, you do have over 26,000 posts
        Whereas I'm apparently only just averaging ONE post a day
        Yes, but I've been on GW for well over three years.......

What a lovely bright pic!
        Can you imagine their faces if they were suddenly swarmed by nekkid woohoo's
        It's ok, Martin's got it covered.......

(thanks Bree)

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        oMG... just listened to a speech about building toilets for space crafts...

The Speaker already explained how they separate solids and liquids and the mechanics of the liquid storage and now for the solids.
        The Speaker:" ...but the solids... that's hard. Because on Earth they would fall to the ground, in space, they would just fly around..."

Being an astrounaut is not as glorified as it seems to be.
        The things that get your attention *shakes head*

Comment

Little bit of Damian Did you know that he directed the last ep of S3??
          Since I always assume it's Martin, regardless that I know that it's quite impossible that he'll be directing every ep, I saw that shot (little spoiler, but if you don't want to be spoiled, you shouldn't have had candy when you were little!!!)...
          Spoiler:
          of Will and Kate in the hollow earth refugee camp and then a 360 or something on them... and I really thought that it was Martin, so I checked and was pleasantly surprised to see that Damian has directed it.
          I love it how they all have similar styles. Meaning Martin, Amanda and Damian. Must be somebodies influence.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ginationdk.jpg
          Amanda did initially learn by shadowing Martin on SG1, and it wood be surprising if Damian hadn't picked up a few tips from the Master

Tbh, I was disappointed that Martin only directed 8 eps in S3 - I think the season suffered for that And from what I've seen on Twitter he's not doing many in S4 either I assumed in S3 that it was because there was more producing etc for him to do

*shakes head in disappointment* Daniel didn't have his appendix removed until S4...

I don't think it mattered so much with them going through the stargate, because they could get back home pretty quick if anyone needed surgery, whereas real astronauts wood be dangerously far away from help

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Yes, but I've been on GW for well over three years.......

The things that get your attention *shakes head*
            Jumble? Is Martin gonna shoot us???

It'll be a good way to die! *giggles*

To the bold... yeah, I sometimes Google nanotechnology cause at the beginning of our Master studies, they showed us this movie, and there was a guy who was making mechanical spiders... That was just plane scary. It moved on it's own and he explained how they are intelligent and they can select a leader for certain tasks. And I was like: Have you seen Stargate, you destroyer of mankind???? Of course I never actually read anything on the subject, I just Google it, see how many text there is and save it for another day.
            sigpic

Comment

Jumble? Is Martin gonna shoot us???

It'll be a good way to die! *giggles*
              No! Look again - he's collecting us

To the bold... yeah, I sometimes Google nanotechnology cause at the beginning of our Master studies, they showed us this movie, and there was a guy who was making mechanical spiders... That was just plane scary. It moved on it's own and he explained how they are intelligent and they can select a leader for certain tasks. And I was like: Have you seen Stargate, you destroyer of mankind???? Of course I never actually read anything on the subject, I just Google it, see how many text there is and save it for another day.

I think maybe you've got too much time on your hands..........

Speaking of time, it's almost 2.30am so I guess I should go to bed

WoodNight WooHoos *huggles*

Comment

Amanda did initially learn by shadowing Martin on SG1, and it wood be surprising if Damian hadn't picked up a few tips from the Master

Tbh, I was disappointed that Martin only directed 8 eps in S3 - I think the season suffered for that And from what I've seen on Twitter he's not doing many in S4 either I assumed in S3 that it was because there was more producing etc for him to do
                Idk, I thought the eps were pretty cool. The only one that I really didn't like was Metamorphosis but that was because of the creature Will turned into... I don't know, I just wish they had better monsters But I loved that 'looking right at you' thing.

I'm guessing there was lots of producing for Martin there... Still, eight eps out of 20, that's like almost half of the show... that's a lot!

And we shall see for the S4, given that Robin will direct one, and he spent as much time with Marin so far, I can't help but wonder

I don't think it mattered so much with them going through the stargate, because they could get back home pretty quick if anyone needed surgery, whereas real astronauts wood be dangerously far away from help
                And if they're captured?????
                So sorry Aphofis but I have to go have surgery and then I'll be right back to have you torture me
                sigpic

Comment

No! Look again - he's collecting us

I think maybe you've got too much time on your hands..........

Awwww!!!! *runs to the woods so I can be collected.

'Night

sigpic

Comment

well, it was my sister who told me it. She reads these science-journal-type things. That said her facts can be hit and miss
                    I was in hospital having my appendix out just before my 18th so I couldn't celebrate and for some reason she thought it would cheer me up to tell me "but hey, you can go into space now..."

... yeah, I sometimes Google nanotechnology cause at the beginning of our Master studies, they showed us this movie, and there was a guy who was making mechanical spiders... That was just plane scary. It moved on it's own and he explained how they are intelligent and they can select a leader for certain tasks. And I was like: Have you seen Stargate, you destroyer of mankind???? Of course I never actually read anything on the subject, I just Google it, see how many text there is and save it for another day.
                    That's creepy

Na-nite *waves*
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

well, it was my sister who told me it. She reads these science-journal-type things. That said her facts can be hit and miss
                      I was in hospital having my appendix out just before my 18th so I couldn't celebrate and for some reason she thought it would cheer me up to tell me "but hey, you can go into space now..."

That's creepy

Na-nite *waves*
                      But would you want to? With all that solids flying arounnd... hahahahhaha *huggles for the appendix surgery* I almost had mine out when I was around ten, but a friend at the time (also ten) told me that they'll trow my appendix through the window for the cats to eat it. So I begged my mother to let it stay inside. I have no idea why I didn't want to cats to eat it...

Edit: now I'm seriously wondering about those Goau'ld mother ships...
                      sigpic

Comment

g'nite Jumble. sleep tight. and dream...of your favorite director hehehe
                        sigpic

Comment

Martin and Amanda Loveeee them!

sigpic

Comment

*fangirls*
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Y'all!

Back from a beautiful day in the North Fork of Long Island exploring LI wine country. So lovely. I didn't drink too much because I was driving, but some tastes here and there. Probably had about 2 glasses of wine total over the course of the day. I even got to take a little nap in the breezy sunshine of one of the vineyards. *sigh* Lovely. Just popping in to say hi before snuggling into bed with my book.

I sooo know that I missed the date of the party!

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...rty/fightb.jpg
                              LOL. Stephen Colbert would be so proud of our PTB

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...xrs=share_copy

Given the enormous amount of work and prep time that go into directing an ep. Nearly half is a LOT in addition to his producing duties! That's really going above and beyond. I'm ginormously impressed he directed that many. I guess it makes me a bad fangirl that I wasn't aware of the number though...
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

But would you want to? With all that solids flying arounnd... hahahahhaha *huggles for the appendix surgery* I almost had mine out when I was around ten, but a friend at the time (also ten) told me that they'll trow my appendix through the window for the cats to eat it. So I begged my mother to let it stay inside. I have no idea why I didn't want to cats to eat it...

Edit: now I'm seriously wondering about those Goau'ld mother ships...
                                Probably shouldn't risk it. I was never very good at... dodgeball... so you know... the odds wouldn't be in my favour

The cats would eat it? how peculiar! How's your appendix these days? Hopefully not grumbling?

I asked the doctor if I could see mine when they'd taken it out. I was curious *shrugs* it was strange looking

And re: motherships... artificial gravity?
                                sigpic
                                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                                X