No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's strange, I don't remember you having a lot of nose bleeds.....I do however remember you drooling a lot every time you looked at MW!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      That's strange, I don't remember you having a lot of nose bleeds.....I do however remember you drooling a lot every time you looked at MW!
      Just ask Sarai how embarrassing it was for her to have me bleeding profusely in the middle of Stanley Park Don't you remember I had to get a taxi back to the hotel instead of meeting you at The Fish House?

And I never drool over Martin

Well not much anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Just ask Sarai how embarrassing it was for her to have me bleeding profusely in the middle of Stanley Park Don't you remember I had to get a taxi back to the hotel instead of meeting you at The Fish House?

And I never drool over Martin

Well not much anyway
        Hmmmm....I do remember you having a nose bleed but you did end up joining us at the The Fish House......

As for "never" drooling over Martin.....well, I do remember a few nights back at the hotel, several empty bottles of "hard to get" wine and you "sort of" drooling! Part drooling & part "overindulged" drinking!
        sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE CONGRATS

Welcome to the thread BigBear!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *sends more good vibes to Bree and Char*
          *hugs MoB*
          *hugs Estrela*
          *hugs rest of the WooHoos*

As for how dad is doing Jumble, still not very good. The last few days have been a little worse than before, maybe because his IV has been causing him trouble. They did move him back to the hospital he was first in, because his situation has somewhat improved. In a couple of weeks he might be transferred to a rehabilitation center. But yeah, imprvement. Sort of.
          I'm so glad that there are good news on your dad. *huggles* Keep us posted, and figerss crossed for more improvement.

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
          *hugs Nad* I hope your dad's recovery is muuuuch shorter than you anticipate. I'd say try not to worry but we're talking about your dad. It's harder to stay worry free when it's someone you cherish.

Jumble was kind enough to supply the pics and kickstart my muse for this
          http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...4ja/MW/MW4.jpg

but since I suck at text can someone think of what to add?

*leaves behind extra huggles for whenever the other Woohoos come back to the thread*

*skips out singing*
          Ooooh! Lurv it!!~!!! I agree with Nad and with everyone who said it doesn't need any text.

*grabs one extra hug* Thank you for leaving it behind!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          My cousin just gave birth. I didn't even know she was pregnant! I don't know if I'm happy or upset. I know that her dad (mom's brother) and my mom had issues over the years. But I thought 1) we were over that and 2) he still could have told us about the pregnancy. They sent the email to every one in the family but us. It's my other uncle (the one brother my mom is close to) who said it to us and forwarded the email. We would never have known if he hadn't.

*huggles all Woohoos needing them and sends good vibes*
          *huggles everyone else too*
          Oh, hon... i completely missed this post. Sorry about the way you found out but... *hugs*
          People are just not that great sometimes. Still... a new baby! Congratss!!!

Yeah, I'm happy I think. It just came as a shock when we learned the news. I was talking to my other cousin yesterday and we decided we needed to get together soon (with the new mom), so there's that. I can't wait to meet to new addition to the family. I have no brother or sister, so second cousins are as close to nephews and nieces as I'll get. (Thanks for the cheering up Jumble. I think I kind of needed somebody to tell me that. *hugs*)

So Dee, I think I know how you feel right now. A new baby in the family is great news!
          Weeeee! Aunt-hood rocks!

You're very welcome

This thread and the people in it have dragged me up from the depths of gloom over the last few days

Indeed it is Heaven knows how long it'll be before my family gets one - Suz is far too much in love with her horse I keep telling her she needs to hurry up before I'm too gaga to babysit
          For some reason I have made a mental image of you babisiting horses.... NOt that that's gonna happen, it's just a fun way my brain works.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          *waves*

Congrats on the new cousin LGJ

Dee- let us know how things go with your SIL.

Estrela- fab sig!

Thinking about hitting the public pool this afternoon. Going to pick up a wedding dress first though. I'm deconstructing it for a Steampunk Lucia di Lammermoor costume for Dragon Con. Andi can't wait to take the stage blood and splatter me with it.
          Everything went great! She had an easy labor, the baby was great too!!! Me iz sooo happy!

Btw, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Awww! Baby news everywhere!

*hugs you* Sorry to hear about the circumstances taking the shine off the news, but congratulations for your new cousin! Hope you get to meet the little one soon

Congratulations Auntie Dee! And welcome Baby Ana! Is she your first niece/nephew? Welcome to the auntie club if so

*iz excited*
          Yup! First one! Though I do have a lot second cousans and a brother from my Aunt that was too little while we were already "adults" So he felt like a couisan. But Ana is the first that will actually call me Aunt!!! So can't wait!

Baby news #2 for me! My cousin from Toronto just called. She's pregnant with her third. Baby is due in March! That one just made me super happy because I knew how much they wanted another one. They have two boys. They want a girl. *crosses fingers for them*
          Weeeeeee! Awesome!!!! Congratulations!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Did someone mention cake?

I am posting them in celebration, because I am super proud of my brother whose band released their debut album yesterday. It's fabulous
          Awesome! Congratualtions to him! What's the name of the band?

Yeah, that's the mistake I made You just better hope Laurie didn't bake those

Spoiler:
          I went and had a nap this afternoon, and I dreamt that the Sanctuary crew were shooting some scenes in some studio in London. There were loads of people moving about and lots of things going on, but I was just watching Martin. He was up high on some scaffolding, and he suddenly slipped and flipped over the railing I panicked and screamed at him to be careful, but Chris appeared beside me (in Druitt costume) and said “It’s ok. If he falls it won’t hurt!” Martin was hanging onto the railing, way up high, when suddenly Bigfoot appeared and hauled him back up. I looked round and saw that Chris was still standing beside me, grinning his evil Druitt grin

When they’d finished, they packed everything up and disappeared and I went outside. Amanda was there, and I asked her what she was doing. She said she wanted to find a restaurant and have dinner, but she didn’t know where to go. I said I didn’t know London very well, but I’d help her look for somewhere. We wandered around for a while until we found a restaurant that looked exactly like Anderson’s. We went inside and found a table, and were just about to order when Martin arrived all spiffed up in a dark suit over a red silk shirt -open necked, no tie - and asked if he could join us! He’d just sat down when I woke up
          That's a frustrating way to wake up Fun dream!

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          Hello Woohoos! Here are my pictures from Comic Con.

Please do not repost or use without my permission

Clicky Here for the Pictures.
          Thank you for sharing!!!!

I'd better get cracking on a 3000 banner.......

You know, if ever anyone else feels the urge to make a page banner or 69 post banner, please feel free
          I might get that urge. Funnily enough I can't touch my editing programs, but lately my PS mojo is acting up. Which is really weird cause I don't like PS much.

It's sad in a way - I remember staying up for the whole 24 hours of my first Ship Day and being very excited about it, but this time I just gave it a cursory glance and didn't post. I guess all things come to an end, or fizzle out, eventually, and with no chance of the third movie being made I guess the end won't be far off.
          Hey! I remember that too! <3 It was fun!

I get why most of the people are choosing to stay away from these celebrations, but I still love them. I love seeing the people that weren't on the forum for the past year and just coming in to say hi on that day. It's kinda wonderful and nostalgic. Also, I love traditions. And the Ship Day has been a tradition for almost a decade.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Jumble drooled????
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*waves*

Speaking of dreams. I have been having unbelievably clear, crisp dreams the last few days. I 'blame' them on not being able to tear my face away from reading the Hunger Games series. I want to read them again. Amazing. But first, I'm doing a literary cleanse with a Victorian mystery.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm going to head over to visit with my friend and her new baby soon. Alas, I'm in my PJ's because I am still on PST. Will be interesting to see how this changes when I start work next week.

xo
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

For some reason I have made a mental image of you babisiting horses.... NOt that that's gonna happen, it's just a fun way my brain works.
              Oh nonononono! I'm too scared of them to ever be left in charge of one

Everything went great! She had an easy labor, the baby was great too!!! Me iz sooo happy!

Btw, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*
              I saw the pics on FB - sooooooo cute!

I might get that urge. Funnily enough I can't touch my editing programs, but lately my PS mojo is acting up. Which is really weird cause I don't like PS much.
              I'd love you to do one

Hey! I remember that too! <3 It was fun!
              Indeed it was

I get why most of the people are choosing to stay away from these celebrations, but I still love them. I love seeing the people that weren't on the forum for the past year and just coming in to say hi on that day. It's kinda wonderful and nostalgic. Also, I love traditions. And the Ship Day has been a tradition for almost a decade.
              I'm not really one for traditions, but as long as others enjoy it that's fine with me

Jumble drooled????
              No, Jumble did NOT drool!! That's the problem with these older people - they're constantly mis-remembering things

*runz from Laurie*

Comment

*waves*

Speaking of dreams. I have been having unbelievably clear, crisp dreams the last few days. I 'blame' them on not being able to tear my face away from reading the Hunger Games series. I want to read them again. Amazing. But first, I'm doing a literary cleanse with a Victorian mystery.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm going to head over to visit with my friend and her new baby soon. Alas, I'm in my PJ's because I am still on PST. Will be interesting to see how this changes when I start work next week.

xo
                Make the most of your PJ time, it'll be gone before you know it

Comment

Make the most of your PJ time, it'll be gone before you know it
                  Hey! Cool! I didn't even notice the 69.

So true re: pj time! My orientation to the hospital is next week, 8-5 with an hour and a half commute each way. But I should only be on days shortly, and then I'll be switching to nights. I never thought I'd be so happy to be going back to work. Very glad to not be going back to the old job, but the new one is going to be interesting for the next few months. I think I'll learn a lot. It's a very different population than I worked with before. Less diverse, but my Spanish should be great by December!

Also, I've got a number of creative projects in the works, which is really energizing. But I'm energized in the afternoon, lol. It looks like the volunteer abroad midwifery isn't financially feasible right now, alas. It's crazy expensive to go for even only a month. But at some point in the future, once my (future) kids are grown, maybe I'll sign up for a stint with MSF.

How you feeling Jumble? Better I hope!
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sooooo excited for you MoB

I'm doing ok, thanks. Still very tired, but didn't find my first day back at work too difficult. Luckily the weather is great atm so the kids were mostly just playing out in the garden while I watched them from the shade

Comment

Sooooo excited for you MoB

I'm doing ok, thanks. Still very tired, but didn't find my first day back at work too difficult. Luckily the weather is great atm so the kids were mostly just playing out in the garden while I watched them from the shade
                      Sounds like a perfect way to ease back into work after being sick.

I'm taking a really cool class on Thursday nights this month. If I like the results, I'll share with y'all.

Still waiting to hear back from my friend with the baby. Poor thing. She's just wiped and a little stressed about going back to work since her mom, who was supposed to be her childcare, broke her foot and needed surgery.

PM coming your way Jumble.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Just popping in to say Hi (Hi Jumble,et al. ltns) Didn't know there was a ptb worship thread with special homage to M. Wood. I guess I will have to come by more often. Too much happens when I'm away for a long time! I can't believe that I just missed ShipDay. I never miss that, but somehow this summer time just slipped by.

Mind if I sample the broccoli cake? Looks interesting!
                        Welcome Nolamon !

Hello Woohoos! Here are my pictures from Comic Con.

Please do not repost or use without my permission

Clicky Here for the Pictures.
                        *huggles antoa* Thanks for sharing, they are awesome

On another note, how did you manage to get a website to host all your pictures on with your own URL? Wood be the perfect way for me to make a gallery for my TSE and AT5 pics and of course to add any subsequent cons to i.e. AT6 (*bounces*)

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        You know, it's funny - I've never actually participated in a Ship Day. Awkward...I still love the ship though. Just...from a distance
                        You're definitely not the only one *huggles*

I woodn't say embarrassing, more worrying! If was after you left that I walked all the way around Stanley Park, in very inappropriate sandals still it was beautiful and sooo worth it

*misses Vangroovy*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

I woodn't say embarrassing, more worrying! If was after you left that I walked all the way around Stanley Park, in very inappropriate sandals still it was beautiful and sooo worth it
                          And I missed out

*misses Vangroovy*
                          Oh me too!!! I'm definitely going for a much longer stay next time Just don't let me near the fountain area of Coal Beach after a visit to the Liquor Store

Sounds like a perfect way to ease back into work after being sick.
                          It was

I'm taking a really cool class on Thursday nights this month. If I like the results, I'll share with y'all.

Still waiting to hear back from my friend with the baby. Poor thing. She's just wiped and a little stressed about going back to work since her mom, who was supposed to be her childcare, broke her foot and needed surgery.
                          That's a bit of a worry I hope she manages to find alternative care that she's comfortable with

PM coming your way Jumble.
                          Yes......... still trying to think of something

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *huggles antoa* Thanks for sharing, they are awesome

On another note, how did you manage to get a website to host all your pictures on with your own URL? Wood be the perfect way for me to make a gallery for my TSE and AT5 pics and of course to add any subsequent cons to i.e. AT6 (*bounces*)
                            I actually am an IT professional IRL and I own a server. It's fairly easy to get your own website. You just need to register a domain and then find a hosting company. The domain register is a yearly fee (though you can register more than one year at a time) and is about $12 or so. And hosting companies charge by the month and some offer a discount if you pay multiple months (or a whole year) in advance. Some domain registrars also offer hosting options.

Then of course you need to actually build a website. If you are just wanting a gallery, there are programs (I use one called Gallery ) and some hosting companies offer easy ways to build a site.

Comment

Oh me too!!! I'm definitely going for a much longer stay next time Just don't let me near the fountain area of Coal Beach after a visit to the Liquor Store
                              *hugs* You can do it next time

Yes indeedy! Just been talking about it with Dave and if TSE2 is in 2013 we're going to plan a 2 week holiday around it . I'm sure he can find plenty to do for those 3 days and we can all go out to dinner together too, will be lovely ! Just got to start saving...

I actually am an IT professional IRL and I own a server. It's fairly easy to get your own website. You just need to register a domain and then find a hosting company. The domain register is a yearly fee (though you can register more than one year at a time) and is about $12 or so. And hosting companies charge by the month and some offer a discount if you pay multiple months (or a whole year) in advance. Some domain registrars also offer hosting options.

Then of course you need to actually build a website. If you are just wanting a gallery, there are programs (I use one called Gallery ) and some hosting companies offer easy ways to build a site.
                              Ahh I see! Thanks for the excellent words of wisdom, I'll look into it for my AT6 pics

Comment

Evening Woohoos

*tosses out huggles*

Welcome Nolamom!

Antoa, thanks so much for sharing your pics!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                Weeeee! Aunt-hood rocks!

Yup! First one! Though I do have a lot second cousans and a brother from my Aunt that was too little while we were already "adults" So he felt like a couisan. But Ana is the first that will actually call me Aunt!!! So can't wait!
                                So exciting! I know exactly how you feel - auntiedom is the best Enjoy her!

Awesome! Congratualtions to him! What's the name of the band?
                                The Ubiquity Project. I posted the link on my fb if you want to check it out
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X