• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might break GW

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      *huggles*

And good interrupting, seeing as we're coming dangerously close to an actual serious discussion and we all know what happens when that happens
      A serious discussion???

Um..

*does a happy dance and writes "I love Martin" all over the walls with a spraycan*

Better?

Jumble, *huggles you too* and I know what you mean as well. The whole thing sucks, basically, and I'm not sure that any of the solutions are ideal
      Yes, the whole thing sucks, and sometimes the only way to level the field is be bold and start a whole new venture. Maybe I should just go and open a "WooHoo/PTB Artwork" thread and just see if anyone posts We're never going to please everyone

*dances out, nekkid, leaving broccoli in her wake, in a desperate attempt to re-establish the silliness levels and thus avoid GW outage*
      *picks up the broccoli that Josiane dropped and lights a fire*

*breathes deeeeeeeply*

Where's Laurie when 'cupcakes' are needed?

Edit: Oh niiiiiiice little picspam Sarai

*wanders off to PB*

Comment

Sarai did you get my pm about the group pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Sarai did you get my pm about the group pic?
          Yes, my printer isn't working atm so need to work out another way to do it

Comment

*walks in*

*sits down*

*watches all the chatter*

Got nothin' to say!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              Yes, my printer isn't working atm so need to work out another way to do it
              Darn! I was hoping to email it to 'someone' quite soon Never mind, whenever you can will be great

Bringing this over from the GABIT thread in case anybody misses it...

To all those who were AT5 I don't need to tell you how I feel. I tried to convey it in my closing speech and in my introduction to the Auction speech. But I'd like to say it here to those fans of Amanda who perhaps weren't able to be there. I haven't posted it to the Samandan thread but you are more than welcome to if you feel they would like it.

AT5 was quite possibly the warmest, most compassionate, lively event we've done. Everywhere there seemed to be people hugging. At every time of day. Truly the weekend of many hugs as we'd intended it to be. It took me a staggering two and a half hours when I returned to the hotel Sunday night after dinner, to cross from the front doors of the lobby to my family and Gabit team in the bar. In the end, Jenn (my sweet little assistant) kept bringing me glasses of wine to keep me going. I was embraced in a warm "hug" of people wanting to talk or simply connect. I've never experienced that before and it was overwhelming.

I just want to say a word to you all about Amanda's fandom, which as many of you know, I've been active in now since 1997. It's grown so enormously, so beautifully across these past fourteen years that it is now unrecognisable from its early roots. Yes, there are some of the same fans playing in Amanda's fandom sandpit as there were all those years ago, and I know each and every one of you, but fantastically there are new faces joining it each and every year, and enthusiastic supporters ready to take the baton and run with it. I love that. That it's growing daily.

I've watched it grow and I've watched it with intense pride and a lot - a lot - of love.

What happened this last weekend was nothing short of astounding. We have raised so much money in a single three day period that it completely blows my mind. Two hundred and seventy people is a small, tiny number. But that tiny number did create a miracle.

I met so many of you this weekend, renewing old friendships and meeting those who I have never seen before. Thank you! It was a privilege to talk to you all. It was lovely to be able to sit down even for a minute with some of you and chat.
              I'm sorry that on Tuesday morning I was late down to breakfast (needed a later sleep) and so wasn't able to do what I'd wanted to do after breakfast as soon as I saw you there, and have coffee and a chat with Sharon (EH-T), Amanda (Antoa), Dona (Donamac) and Erin. I was sad and disappointed not to have had that opportunity.

Amanda's fandom is extremely special, never doubt that. The people in it really are some of the most compassionate, friendly, generous and gorgeous people I've ever met and I'm proud to organise Events for it and for her. Amanda and her fans show the world of fandom what it should be all about. Not just having the passion of being a fan of a person, but having passion for changing the world around them by coming together and uniting to create change. That is a powerful achievement.

Thank you all of you. I'm embraced right now in a warm snuggly bubble of love and a fantastic and optimistic feeling that there is nothing a group of people cannot do if they really want to. There's no reason that bubble shouldn't continue to embrace and nuture all of us right up until AT6 when we can fill it once again to sustain us.

As I said in the words on the charity film "“Some human beings are born to lead others by deed, by word and by example to do incredible good. When you find someone with a vision or a dream to help those who are in need, then follow them. For you too will become a leader and others will follow you. And so a wonderful chain of humanity and compassion will be born. And only good will come of it.”

Truly good has come of you all being Amanda Tapping fans. And that wonderful chain of humanity and compassion truly stretched out this weekend and left Heathrow for those in need around the world. You are all truly amazing.

You have my love and you have my deep respect,
              Julia
              G4
              xo

Comment

*squishy huggles Julia* Another infamous speech *sniffs*

And on the printer thing..Dave has promised to have a look at it tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll try to scan it in at work on Friday so either way you'll have it Friday night

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  *squishy huggles Julia* Another infamous speech *sniffs*

And on the printer thing..Dave has promised to have a look at it tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll try to scan it in at work on Friday so either way you'll have it Friday night
                  Awesome! Thank you *squishes Dave*

What? It's aaaaages since I've squished him

*waves to 9 guests*

*looks back a previous couple of pages*

It's ok, I think we're ok.............

Comment

Awww *feels all warm and fuzzy*
                    Thanks for bringing that over here too Jumble, and *big Woohoo squishy huggles* for Julia!
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I soooo hope Martin sees your 10,000 post sig Josiane

Comment

Me too!
                        sigpic

Comment

Knock knock...who's there? WOOOHOOO YEAH!!!! ((((to everyone who was AT5))))
                          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                            Knock knock...who's there? WOOOHOOO YEAH!!!! ((((to everyone who was AT5))))
                            Claire!!! *squishy huggles you*

I was just thinking about you......... and how great it was to spend that extra time with you at Cags' house on Monday I didn't really get to know you on the set tour because........ well...... I was somewhat distracted by a certain Director so yes, it was nice to spend that time with you

Um...... can you email me that pic of us all just before we left for the set tour? You know, the one where I was still able to string more than two words together and still make sense Thanks

Comment

Awwww *squishy huggles for Julia* I'm all teary eyed now.

*huggles for Claire* It was so GREAT to finally get to spend time with you. After seeing you at various places throughout last year, it was fun this weekend!

*hugs Sarai for the house hunting*

Also, to you WooHoos in our photo w/ Amanda. Is it okay if I post it in my journal? My LJ is locked so only friends can see it anyway.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Absolutely fine by me, Wendy

*squishy huggles Claire*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X