• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Yeah. That just cost us Fan Club points
    Thanks though.

And as for fan and fanatic... I agree.
    Looking a this thread you guys are more 'lun' than 'fan'.
    Coming from you???

Comment

Good morning everyone...*Huggles* for all here and not here!

Well, this morning I called to make an appointment with my hand surgeon. Going on Thursday. Very excited to get my hand repaired - buy three new knuckles () and repair the bones. I might have an almost normal hand when AT6 comes along! (Hopefully)!

So we have a discussion about being a "fan" club.....NO WAY! Fans are made up of people who do strange things, say strange things, probably drink too much, and.....hmmmm sounds suspiciously familiar!

Seriously, we are people who appreciate a really good thing when we see it! And his directing is fantastic so.........
      sigpic

Comment

Glad you're finally getting your hand fixed Laurie Does this mean no writing for a while?

AfA challenge entries:

Comment

Evening all

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          "I wrote to the zoo, to send me a pet. And they sent me a..."

Or, er, might not be the same one as Benjabubs' version doesn't have pressy buttony thingies (just lift the flaps).
          Yep, that's the one He just has the noisy version. But he's also able to make lots of the noises himself if you ask him what a lion does or what a snake does or what a monkey does (the last is the cutest )

*hugs the bad WooHoo*
          *hugs all WooHoos*

OK, questions:
          When there's ice on the lakes and deep puddles do you guys traditionally grab your ice skates and head out? Is it more a thing for kids to do?
          ...Do you own ice skates?

I'm curious.
          Seconding Jumble's no for the UK. I think also it could be because it's really very rare for any outdoor body of water to freeze solid enough to skate on. There are quite a few outdoor rinks set up each winter, but again those are artificial.

We are organized.
          You... file stuff.
          What she said

Laurie, really glad you're going to get your hand fixed at last
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Coming from you???
            Yes. I see those things. I'm good like that.

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Good morning everyone...*Huggles* for all here and not here!

Well, this morning I called to make an appointment with my hand surgeon. Going on Thursday. Very excited to get my hand repaired - buy three new knuckles () and repair the bones. I might have an almost normal hand when AT6 comes along! (Hopefully)!

So we have a discussion about being a "fan" club.....NO WAY! Fans are made up of people who do strange things, say strange things, probably drink too much, and.....hmmmm sounds suspiciously familiar!

Seriously, we are people who appreciate a really good thing when we see it! And his directing is fantastic so.........
            Yay! on the hand surgery and as for the bolded:
            Heck yeah!

AfA challenge entries:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/Artwork%20for%20all/Tut%20wk%206%20100212/Key-avi.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...212/Keysig.jpg
            Very you! Awesomely groovy.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Seconding Jumble's no for the UK. I think also it could be because it's really very rare for any outdoor body of water to freeze solid enough to skate on. There are quite a few outdoor rinks set up each winter, but again those are artificial.
            Ah yes that makes sense.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'm glad to be seeing the surgeon as well. Have no idea when the surgery will happen, only going to see what I need to do, etc. But I suspect within the next few months for sure. Heard the doctor was out sick, but he is back again so.....

As for ice skating outside. That is not an uncommon thing in some states, but most of the US have no frozen bodies of water all winter. But places like Wisconsin and other such states, yes, they skate on lakes and river beds as long as the ice is thick enough. Plus ice hockey is a very popular sport especially in cold country.

As for writing, I'm trying to finish the book I'm working on, but if not, I won't get much done. I tried typing this note left handed and it took way too long. So..
              I gave up and used both hands then correct the mistakes I see. But I am having more and more problems holding things in my right hand, and occasionally I drop them. I have to take care of this.

So are all you UKers still covered in snow?
              sigpic

Comment

Nope, pretty much all gone here now.
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes. I see those things. I'm good like that.
                  Yes, you see them every time you look in the mirror

Very you! Awesomely groovy.
                  Thanks

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  I'm glad to be seeing the surgeon as well. Have no idea when the surgery will happen, only going to see what I need to do, etc. But I suspect within the next few months for sure. Heard the doctor was out sick, but he is back again so.....

As for ice skating outside. That is not an uncommon thing in some states, but most of the US have no frozen bodies of water all winter. But places like Wisconsin and other such states, yes, they skate on lakes and river beds as long as the ice is thick enough. Plus ice hockey is a very popular sport especially in cold country.

As for writing, I'm trying to finish the book I'm working on, but if not, I won't get much done. I tried typing this note left handed and it took way too long. So..
                  I gave up and used both hands then correct the mistakes I see. But I am having more and more problems holding things in my right hand, and occasionally I drop them. I have to take care of this.

So are all you UKers still covered in snow?
                  You could get yourself one of those computers that types out whatever you say to it........... mind you, that could be fun in the editing stage

I still have snow, and it's forecast to freeze tonght (-8C), so it could be very slippery out there tomorrow Doesn't bother me, I don't usually go out on Wednesdays

Comment

Thought so. I think I never heard a UK'er speak of skating in the wild.

Poor thing!

I have no ice skates either. My knee doesn't like skating anymore but I used to love it when I was younger.
                    Meh. No 'Elfstedentocht' for us then.

Same goes for the Dutch.
                    Small country, lots of water...
                    Which is why the Dutch and the Canadians have such good speed skaters!

There is a small river near where I live. Twice in 20 years it has frozen over before we received any snow. Most wonderful experience to be able to skate over the entire surface, icluding in and around trees, bullrushes, etc. Beautiful patterns in the ice when air bubbles are surrounded by frozen water. On one of those occasions it was actually very warm one day when we went skating, warm enough that there were golfers out on the course along the river. I wish i had a camera with me to show the golfers coming over the hill and us on the ice skating!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

We're not allowed to skate on our river,mostly because it never freezes.. so those skating rings for us too, though I don't skate much. Skiing I like, but was forbidden to do it, because I don't know how to stop. But I always watch those skating shows, you know when there's a bunch of skaters and they do it with music and they have cute/crazy/horrible outfits.
                      Last edited by Devilish Me; 07 February 2012, 11:41 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Me on ice-skates?

Hm.

Why does that make me think of the dancing hippos in Fantasia?

Comment

Never!

Yay for the hand surgery being a go Laurie

*hugs the bad WooHoo*
                          *hugs all WooHoos*

OK, questions:
                          When there's ice on the lakes and deep puddles do you guys traditionally grab your ice skates and head out? Is it more a thing for kids to do?
                          ...Do you own ice skates?

I'm curious.
                          Answers from the UK:

No.

No.

No.

Ice-skating is confined to ice-rinks, where most people hire skates

Yeah, what she said. Although I did used to own ice skates as a kid. From about 10 until I was 16. I was a regular at Richmond Ice Rink... then they closed it.

Does that count as being organized? Oh.

Well in that case, I guess we're part-way towards being The Official Martin Wood Fan Club

But only part-way
                          Fan clubs need chairs and treasurers, trustees, that sort of thing.... nah, far too organised!

I've had a lovely (hopefully for a while anyway) last trip to Tower Hamlets. I decided sod the congestion charge cost, let's drive through the centre of town and take in the sights. London is a truly crazy, jumbled up city. Just when you think it's nothing more than a grubby mass of hideous tall tower blocks, the road opens up and there in front of you is a wonderful open park, or an amazing statue, or the most awesome architecture. Beautiful in its own wonderful way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            We're not allowed to skate on our river,mostly because it never freezes.. so those skating rings for us too, though I don't skate much. Skiing I like, but was forbidden to do it, because I don't know how to stop. But I always watch those skating shows, you know when there's a bunch of skaters and they do it with music and they have cute/crazy/horrible outfits.
                            LOL! That is a very good reason.

Never!

Yay for the hand surgery being a go Laurie

Yeah, what she said. Although I did used to own ice skates as a kid. From about 10 until I was 16. I was a regular at Richmond Ice Rink... then they closed it.

Fan clubs need chairs and treasurers, trustees, that sort of thing.... nah, far too organised!

I've had a lovely (hopefully for a while anyway) last trip to Tower Hamlets. I decided sod the congestion charge cost, let's drive through the centre of town and take in the sights. London is a truly crazy, jumbled up city. Just when you think it's nothing more than a grubby mass of hideous tall tower blocks, the road opens up and there in front of you is a wonderful open park, or an amazing statue, or the most awesome architecture. Beautiful in its own wonderful way.
                            Yes, I love London too. Always happy to attend AT events as an excuse to go to London.

Comment

I must not have been looking the right way then, because I just see the grubby mass of hideous buildings

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Yes, I love London too. Always happy to attend AT events as an excuse to go to London.
                              I've never understood what foreigners see in London *shakes head* It pales into shabby insignificance when you look at Vancouver or Seattle
                              Last edited by Jumble; 08 February 2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I must not have been looking the right way then, because I just see the grubby mass of hideous buildings

I've never understood what you foreigners see in London *shakes head* It pales into shabby insignificance when you look at Vancouver or Seattle

It is the architectual details in the old buildings for one thing. Modern buildings all glass and steel do not have the same charm. Love the ease of getting around by way of the underground. Love the museums. Love the history.

Comment

Working...
                                X