• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*enjoys all the hugging*
    *huggles everyone back*

Jumble, how's the hand?
    Josi, are you feeling better today?

Thanks for posting for me Sarai, between work, school runs and hospital appointments for Hannah, this is the first time I've been in the house since 7.30 this morning!

Yep, we're absolutely fine. We were very very lucky. Even the geraniums in the back garden still have petals! Not even Curves was touched, although 200 yards up the road the flooding was about 3 feet deep and gushing across the road!

Mevagissey was completely flooded, the Wheel House was under 5 ft of water There were so many towns and homes flooded, it's been really bad. Your thoughts and prayers for those affected would be very much appreciated, I'm sure.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      *enjoys all the hugging*
      *huggles everyone back*

Jumble, how's the hand?
      It's fine, nowhere near as bad as it first seemed
      I think she must be rough, we haven't seen her all day

Thanks for posting for me Sarai, between work, school runs and hospital appointments for Hannah, this is the first time I've been in the house since 7.30 this morning!

Yep, we're absolutely fine. We were very very lucky. Even the geraniums in the back garden still have petals! Not even Curves was touched, although 200 yards up the road the flooding was about 3 feet deep and gushing across the road!

Mevagissey was completely flooded, the Wheel House was under 5 ft of water There were so many towns and homes flooded, it's been really bad. Your thoughts and prayers for those affected would be very much appreciated, I'm sure.
      So glad you're all safe and no damage to the house.

The Wheel House is so close to the water's edge, did the heavy rain cause the water to rise that much?

So sorry for everyone who sustained damage to their homes Flood water is horrible - the smell hangs around for ages

Comment

*hugs Bree*
        *hugs Oma*
        *hugs WooHoos*
        *hugs WooHoos*
        *hugs*
        *runs nekkid*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Good to hear from you Oma and I'm glad that you and your family are okay . It is sad that people can loose their houses like that .

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          So sorry for everyone who sustained damage to their homes Flood water is horrible - the smell hangs around for ages
          It is...I saw some of the houses in Nashville that sustained damage because of the flood and they just have to be totally rebuild if they want them to be good again.

And the smell is aweful...I hate it...(our basement has a tendency to get a good amount of water in it if a LOT of rain will fall)
          sigpic

Comment

The Wheel House and the other shops along the front got hit from both sides, all the water running down the hills into the back and sides, and heavy winds whipping up the sea in front
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs Bree*
              *hugs Laurie*

I'm glad you and your family are okay, Oma *hug* I'm sorry for anyone who have been affected. It's awful

Yeah.......... could you just pop over to Vangroovy first and see if you can pick up one of those Martin Wood guys that I've heard so much about?

Thanks

Well it was worth a TRY!!!!

No, can't think of anything........... just the usual case of wine, box of chocolates and litre of fresh prawns that all my favourite guests always bring

Aw c'mon! I have to TRY!!

No Wendy, you don't need to bring anything except your Awesome self and your own personal stuff
              Well, maybe you have one of those!

And thank you for spotting my 69 post
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles Woohoos, especially Oma*

*enjoys all the hugging*
                *huggles everyone back*

Jumble, how's the hand?
                I am, yes Not 100% but much better than yesterday. The quietness here all day was due to the fact I had to work late to train our new library assistant in how to close up the building at the end of the day and so haven't been home very long!

So glad you are all OK - I've had one of those days where I haven't even seen the news at all so Sarai's message on here was the first I heard of it My thoughts and sympathies are with all those affected - flooding really is devastating
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Glad you're feeling better, Josi *hugs*
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Glood to see you Josi but too bad you had to work late while not feeling well.
                    Nah, I've never heard of that Law. I'm sure a certain amount of red wine is good for their hearts

I was intending to make a pressie for my Sekrit Santa, but somehow it became something different......

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...nds-sig-96.jpg

At this rate I'll soon have made the 200 sigs that Clintonio allows :-o

I really should be cleaning the house and making beds............

Edit: But apparently I'd rather play with Martin...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Hat-sig94.jpg
                    For the record, cats do not like wine. They prefer hard liquor.
                    My cats won't touch wine but I have more than one who will try to lick whatever cocktail you're drinking. Bad kitties!

Naughty Jumble but nice siggies.
                    Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    *hugs Bree*
                    *hugs Oma*
                    *hugs WooHoos*
                    *hugs WooHoos*
                    *hugs*
                    *runs nekkid*
                    *hugs Nad* and
                    The Wheel House and the other shops along the front got hit from both sides, all the water running down the hills into the back and sides, and heavy winds whipping up the sea in front
                    Glad you're okay Oma but very sad for the others.
                    We had a good deal of flooding in CT over the summer (not where I am) and it was devestating for those affected. Some lost their homes and are still trying to get aid from our lovely government and our lovely charitable organizations (that never seem to help anyone but themselves).
                    Spoiler:
                    Does anyone know why the former head of the Susan G. Koman foundation needed a half a million a year salary? I am told that the current CEo makes even more than that but I have not been able to verify that information yet.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    *hugs Bree*
                    *hugs Laurie*

I'm glad you and your family are okay, Oma *hug* I'm sorry for anyone who have been affected. It's awful

Well, maybe you have one of those!

And thank you for spotting my 69 post
                    *hugs Wendy* and Congrats on the 69!
                    sigpic

Comment

That'll ruin their businesses for quite a while I imagine

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      Glood to see you Josi but too bad you had to work late while not feeling well.

For the record, cats do not like wine. They prefer hard liquor.
                      My cats won't touch wine but I have more than one who will try to lick whatever cocktail you're drinking. Bad kitties!
                      Maybe I should send them any leftover jello shots after the week-end

Assuming there are any of course

Naughty Jumble but nice siggies.
                      Thanks And I'm making up for it now. My bedroom is actually tidy Just need to restick a few random pictures that keep falling of the wall, then go and tackle the bathroom.

Who's idea was it to have this WooHooMeet at my house? You know how much I hate housework

Glad to hear you're feeling better Josiane I got worried when I hadn't seen you online - can't have you missing out on Sunday lunch at Anderson's can we?

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling better Josiane I got worried when I hadn't seen you online - can't have you missing out on Sunday lunch at Anderson's can we?
                        Nope!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That'll ruin their businesses for quite a while I imagine

Maybe I should send them any leftover jello shots after the week-end

Assuming there are any of course

Thanks And I'm making up for it now. My bedroom is actually tidy Just need to restick a few random pictures that keep falling of the wall, then go and tackle the bathroom.

Who's idea was it to have this WooHooMeet at my house? You know how much I hate housework

I can assure you that there will be no left over jello shots unless you all pass out before you finish them because they are evil and addictive.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Nope!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            I can assure you that there will be no left over jello shots unless you all pass out before you finish them because they are evil and addictive.
                            I've never had them......... but Suz just told me the same thing

I don't normally drink spirits, so it'll be an interesting experiment

Comment

I've never had them......... but Suz just told me the same thing

I don't normally drink spirits, so it'll be an interesting experiment
                              One of the few times I've gotten comepletely plastered was with jello shots.

You know your sig based on Oma's you know who tut is downright distracting!
                              sigpic

Comment

Jumble, if it makes you feel any better, I've had to clean up here before I can go... That makes no sense to me, especially when they left for Hallowhedon, they didn't care how they left it

Bree, I'm a bit scared to have them now

Josi, yes, no missing out!
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X