Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw Bree, so sorry to hear you're still having a bad time

I've not seen that ad, which I'm glad about

Ok, let's see what I've got that might cheer you up.................

Better?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Aw Bree, so sorry to hear you're still having a bad time

I've not seen that ad, which I'm glad about

Ok, let's see what I've got that might cheer you up.................

Better?
      WooHoo! Congratulations on the very big 69!
      (here I am barely cracking 1500 )

I am beginning to think that summer is just one long headache for me.
      Some days are better than others but I almost always have a headache or migraine. Today is not a good day for my head and I am working on the website, which doesn't help.

Let us hope that the braces ad never shows up for you. It's just icky.

Thanks for the pix and yes it does make things better.
      Of course I am now distracted and need to get my focus back for the website work. *sigh*
      I just love that picture of Martin and Amanda. It's hard to stop staring at it...must....get....back....to....work....must...tear....eyes.....awaaaaaaay.... .

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Have you always suffered like this? There surely must be a cause that can be addressed? Maybe September will help sort it out

And I know it's probably a really dumb questiion, but you have had your eyes checked recently haven't you?

Comment

*sneaks in* *waves* hey everyone! Jumble reminded i've been neglecting this thread for too long. just noticed it's been 620 pages since i was here last time *hangs head in shame*

I've been away for a while from all this SG news. worked on myBachelor's degree in February and started Master degree right afterwards. So I'd be very thankful for a summary for what i've missed

Comment

Thanks

Have you always suffered like this? There surely must be a cause that can be addressed? Maybe September will help sort it out

And I know it's probably a really dumb questiion, but you have had your eyes checked recently haven't you?
            I have discovered that I like drinking wine much more than I like writing about it which is why I keep taking breaks and coming into this thread.

For most of my adult life. I am 45 now so it's been quite awhile. My doctor thinks it is a vicious little loop that begins with stress which leads to tension, which leads to tension headaches, which lead to migraines, which lead to more stress, which makes the tension worse, which makes the headaches worse, which leads to more stress.
            I have two pills I take every morning to try to keep the headaches down to a dull roar but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
            I do have a series of doctors appointments set up for August and September and one of the August appointments will be about the headaches.
            I just had my eyes checked about a month ago and except for a script for reading glasses (hello 45 ) my eyes are fine.
            sigpic

Comment

*again hugs Bree for those darn migraines/headaches*

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              Let us hope that the braces ad never shows up for you. It's just icky.
              It probably won't...what I've discovered(surfing on GW in different countries) is that you see the ads that belong to your country.

When I was in the USA/UK/France etc. I saw other ads than here in the Netherlands!

*ruffles Martin quickly before Jumble notices it and runs around ....clothed*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                *sneaks in* *waves* hey everyone! Jumble reminded i've been neglecting this thread for too long. just noticed it's been 620 pages since i was here last time *hangs head in shame*
                No shame necessary! RL has to take precedence sometimes The thread is always here for whenever you can pop in

I've been away for a while from all this SG news. worked on myBachelor's degree in February and started Master degree right afterwards. So I'd be very thankful for a summary for what i've missed
                So did you get your Bachelor's Degree? Should we break out the champaigne and balloons?

What have you missed? Hmm. *ponders* Well lots of pics and chat and a few WooHoo parties........... er....... *looks around* anyone got anything to add? My memory is rubbish

I have discovered that I like drinking wine much more than I like writing about it which is why I keep taking breaks and coming into this thread.

For most of my adult life. I am 45 now so it's been quite awhile. My doctor thinks it is a vicious little loop that begins with stress which leads to tension, which leads to tension headaches, which lead to migraines, which lead to more stress, which makes the tension worse, which makes the headaches worse, which leads to more stress.
                I have two pills I take every morning to try to keep the headaches down to a dull roar but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
                I do have a series of doctors appointments set up for August and September and one of the August appointments will be about the headaches.
                I just had my eyes checked about a month ago and except for a script for reading glasses (hello 45 ) my eyes are fine.
                I get the vicious cycle thing. You obviously need to find a way to break it, or learn how to worry less I wonder if some kind of alternative therapy wood help? Hypnosis maybe, or ..... what's the thing they do with all the needles? Darn memory

There must be something

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post

*waves.......huggles*

Welcome back!

Congrats on the degree What did you graduate/learn for?

As for what happened...this and that...party here, a party there...some hugging, some running around nekkid(won't name people who do that), some craziness...you know the usual!

Oohhh and the fact that Jumbly and Sarai are going to SE in 16 days and going to meet THE Martin
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    *waves.......huggles*

Welcome back!

Congrats on the degree What did you graduate/learn for?

As for what happened...this and that...party here, a party there...some hugging, some running around nekkid(won't name people who do that), some craziness...you know the usual!

Oohhh and the fact that Jumbly and Sarai are going to SE in 16 days and going to meet THE Martin
                    *headdesk* How could I have missed that out?

Oh, there's also the fact that Jann won a scholarship (or something) that let's her got to the USA to study for a year and she's leaving in 17 DAYS!!!!!!

Comment

I get the vicious cycle thing. You obviously need to find a way to break it, or learn how to worry less I wonder if some kind of alternative therapy wood help? Hypnosis maybe, or ..... what's the thing they do with all the needles? Darn memory

There must be something

*wonders if Jumble's memory problems have anything to do with the 1960's?

Acupunture is the neddly thing. I've had it! Slightly odd sensation (especially when he was jabbing them in my knees and I couldn't stop giggling because, I happen to be somewhat ticklish ) but actually, it was a very positive and enjoyable experience and very de-stressing. And it did help towards the end goal.
                      I've tried hypnosis (of a sort anyway) too and that's quite good and there's also reflexology which can benefit some people. I'm quite a big fan of holistic therapies as I do think there's something to be gained from them so might be worth looking into options there. *hugs* Bree, I am really sorry you're still suffering.

*waves at Fainne*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        Ooh!! Thank you Nik!! *Hugs*
                        sigpic

Comment

WELCOME BACK FAINNE!!!

Congrats on the degree!

And lovin' the Coopie art, Jeyla4ever and Bekki! Must make some myself soon...
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Why must I read Cags message of "holistic therapy" as "alcoholistic therapy" ...that would be one I would definitely like

Grrr...just got my new sim card so I *thought* I would be able to call again...gave the phone company me a card without any money on it(while I know I didn't use all of my credit last month)...it's that their coverage of my area is so awesome otherwise I would never get a phone from them again...
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the blue Martin, Jumble. That definitely makes me feel better. Maybe I should take one of his pics to my game tonight. No, then I would be too distracted.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              oh dear...I just got an overwhelming desire to ruffle his FOREARMS!!!

This is cracking me up!

Really? I was aiming for that open shirt...........

Love the Coopie Art Jeyla4ever
                              And this sent me into the gutter.

I get the ad for "invisible braces" for adults. It shows a woman with pizza stuck in her old fashioned braces and then it shows how clean the invisible ones are but the shot of the chewed up food stuck in the braces is just gross.

My head is not behaving itself anymore and we are no longer on speaking terms.
                              Makes it very hard to talk to yourself but sacrifices must be made.

And as soon as we have enough of us gathered in one place we can complete our plans to take over the world. Mwahahahahahahahah!

Charmaine and I are ridding ourselves of credit cards once and for all and have decided to pay for everything in cash or just do without. It's amazing how easy it becomes to see the differences between something you really need and something you merely want.

Netflix? I wish that was my ad but noooooooo I get the gross out teeth.
                              Gross, I wouldn't want to see pizza in someone's teeth either.

About the credit cards, we make the same decisions too on whether we need it or want it. And get this now that we have been talking about credit cards, I now have the Lifelock ad about protecting yourself from identity theft. Are you sure they aren't watching us?

I feel so bad for you, Bree. I wish I could just take the migraines away or give you a miracle cure, but I can't.

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                              Ooh!! Thank you Nik!! *Hugs*
                              You're welcome.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                *wonders if Jumble's memory problems have anything to do with the 1960's?
                                Sadly not, unless you mean the fact that I'm old enough to remember the 60's

Acupunture is the neddly thing. I've had it! Slightly odd sensation (especially when he was jabbing them in my knees and I couldn't stop giggling because, I happen to be somewhat ticklish ) but actually, it was a very positive and enjoyable experience and very de-stressing. And it did help towards the end goal.
                                I've tried hypnosis (of a sort anyway) too and that's quite good and there's also reflexology which can benefit some people. I'm quite a big fan of holistic therapies as I do think there's something to be gained from them so might be worth looking into options there. *hugs* Bree, I am really sorry you're still suffering.

*waves at Fainne*
                                Ah yes, acupuncture. I probably forgot what it was called because I'm needle-phobic, my brain was blocking it out

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Why must I read Cags message of "holistic therapy" as "alcoholistic therapy" ...that would be one I would definitely like

Grrr...just got my new sim card so I *thought* I would be able to call again...gave the phone company me a card without any money on it(while I know I didn't use all of my credit last month)...it's that their coverage of my area is so awesome otherwise I would never get a phone from them again...
                                But.............. you're not going to be in that area for the next year..........

Comment

Working...
                                X