X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Pffff...I'm still sweet and innocent after 1,5 years of college

*giggles*

Does this mean I can start to rebel against my parents?
    Ooohhh....the options...perhaps get a bad BF that looks like Shep or or or....something else...I know...stop learning and get bad grades...wait...I'm already doing that

darn it...I can't think of anything to rebel with. Hmpf.

*huggles Martin*
    As your thread Mom, I feel I have to warn you...

If you come home with a bad BF that looks like Shep, I may just have to turn Mrs Robinson on you.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      As your thread Mom, I feel I have to warn you...

If you come home with a bad BF that looks like Shep, I may just have to turn Mrs Robinson on you.....

Although I have no idea what that reference towards Mrs. Robinson means

I just think I don't know how to rebel...or just don't have the need to do that*le sigh* I iz so boring. My parents even don't care about all the computer stuff anymore...
      sigpic

Comment

*hugs Nad* You may be young in age Nad, but you have wisdom. Thanks for your comment

*mutters* Even if you are completely crazy and bouncing on the sofa in your bunny hat
        Yeah well...
        I never let that intervere with my sanity.
        *blinks*
        ...Oh wait.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Although I have no idea what that reference towards Mrs. Robinson means
          It means you have to keep ''Shep'' far away from her.
          Far. Away.
          Unless you like to share
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Jann: Nope you can't Because you are older then the UK peepz who go to college, in the Netherlands you have to be 18. In the UK you are normally 16. So no you have passed the stage already! Behave

And Oma: what everyone else said!!! Because I can't say it better...

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
              (((((Oma)))))

You really summed it all up with your last line:

There's no doubt that you are a spectacular mom. Please don't forget that. (Why else would this be so hard?) Someday hopefully very soon, she'll realize this and you can heal this awful patch and move forward. In the meantime, I'm sure you hope that she doesn't have to learn any lessons the hard way.

Jumble, thank you for saying what I wanted to say but for doing it so much better.

Oma you can also PM me if you need another ear to listen. I'm going through a similar experience myself.
              *pulls Estrela into the group therapy hug*

That goes both ways you know, you can always PM me and we can empathise with each other - or swap horror stories, or just generally indulge in a good hug therapy session
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks. *hugs*

We told her that if it came to the worst and she did leave, we'd always be here for her, she'd be welcome anytime. And that if she ever wanted to move back in she could (on condition she obeys house rules as stated above...). I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that she's not a child anymore.
                And that's the hard bit

But rules are rules, and they're mostly there for the whole family's benefit, including hers.

Yeah, that's pretty much the crux of it Bree, she's always been the type that has to make the mistake for herself. She just can't take advice

*fingers crossed for this bit!*
                Unfortunately most kids like to learn everything the hard way rather than from someone else's experience As long as the safety net is always there she shouldn't hurt hurself too badly when she falls. Which of course, she will

If it helps any..

Spoiler:
                On the other side of the coin....

My mother was extremely overbearing and ruled with a rod of iron (well actually, it was made of wood and it hurt like hell ) and I grew up being completely browbeaten and desperate to escape. My method of escape was to marry the first guy that asked me, which was of course a huge mistake And in fact I found that I hadn't really escaped because she still managed to rule my life. When I did finally rebel I was given the ultimatum 'If you go, don't ever come back' and I didn't. I haven't spoken to my parents for about 17 years and don't regret it.

Er..... the point I was trying to make is that children of loving parents who deal with them fairly and always let them know that the door will always be open when they are ready to come back usually do come back, having learned a few life lessons and realised that nobody is perfect but their parents did the best they could for them

At least, I think that's what I meant

I feel the need to say.....

Comment

Aaargh!

I have this stuck in my head now.

*shakes head*
                  *hums*

sigpic

Comment

OMA!!! *squishy hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! *puts hands over ears an lalalalalalaaaaaaas*

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        Jann: Nope you can't Because you are older then the UK peepz who go to college, in the Netherlands you have to be 18. In the UK you are normally 16. So no you have passed the stage already! Behave
                        That is so not fair*pouts*

*grabs Martin and has her wicked way with him.....on the kitchen table*

Ooohhh my online granny and mommy won't like that
                        sigpic

Comment

Well...it could be worse. She could have linked to...this...
                          sigpic

Comment

I was just about to go to bed, but now I'll need to listen to something that I actually want going round in my head all night

Or........ something that might inspire an interesting dream.......

*considers the age difference between Martin and herself*

*goes back to Mrs. Robinson*

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

And Oma: what everyone else said!!! Because I can't say it better...

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              And that's the hard bit : (

But rules are rules, and they're mostly there for the whole family's benefit, including hers.

Unfortunately most kids like to learn everything the hard way rather than from someone else's experience As long as the safety net is always there she shouldn't hurt hurself too badly when she falls. Which of course, she will

If it helps any..

Spoiler:
                              On the other side of the coin....

My mother was extremely overbearing and ruled with a rod of iron (well actually, it was made of wood and it hurt like hell ; )) and I grew up being completely browbeaten and desperate to escape. My method of escape was to marry the first guy that asked me, which was of course a huge mistake And in fact I found that I hadn't really escaped because she still managed to rule my life. When I did finally rebel I was given the ultimatum 'If you go, don't ever come back' and I didn't. I haven't spoken to my parents for about 17 years and don't regret it.

Er..... the point I was trying to make is that children of loving parents who deal with them fairly and always let them know that the door will always be open when they are ready to come back usually do come back, having learned a few life lessons and realised that nobody is perfect but their parents did the best they could for them : )

At least, I think that's what I meant

I feel the need to say.....

*huggles Jumble*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              OMA!!! *squishy hugs*

*squishy hugs all the woohoos*

*steals Nad's bunny helmet while she's otherwise occupied hugging*

*bounces on the sofa sticking tongue out and singing naaa-naaa-na-naaa-naaa*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Aaargh!

I have this stuck in my head now.

*shakes head*
                              *hums*
                              Me too

Quick, someone sing something else! Wait, scratch that.....something else less annoying!!

Edit: LJ, that sooooooo didn't help!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Koo koo kachoo....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X