• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I luvz my Woohoo Family! (((WOOHOOS!)))

Awesome group therapy today, everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Yay, glad you're thinking about it Jann!! Keep us posted.

No worries on the chairbed Jos, I'll pop out and buy an airbed at some point. Might have to be one big double one though. I'm sure you ladies won't mind

EDIT: Really sleep, think I'll curl up in bed with some West Wing. Have a fun evening everyone *huggles Woohoos*
      Probably money won't be a problem as does time...but I just need to get the final approval...and also the approval of all of you who are coming(since I have no idea who are coming and I'm the foreign, weird new girl) ...am I kind of saying yes to something dangerous

Sleeping? You're telling me you'll sleep that weekend?!?!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Probably money won't be a problem as does time...but I just need to get the final approval...and also the approval of all of you who are coming(since I have no idea who are coming and I'm the foreign, weird new girl) ...am I kind of saying yes to something dangerous

Sleeping? You're telling me you'll sleep that weekend?!?!
        Unless I'm suddenly not allowed to go, which would be sad-making, I'll be there, Jann. And, um, you know me, right?
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          Unless I'm suddenly not allowed to go, which would be sad-making, I'll be there, Jann. And, um, you know me, right?
          Oh yes, my quiet force with incredible smart and funny remarks while some other people just babble nonsense all the time
          So...you're not terrified of me yet?!?!? That must say something!
          sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, my quiet force with incredible smart and funny remarks while some other people just babble nonsense all the time
            So...you're not terrified of me yet?!?!? That must say something!
            Yeah, that's me.

I think if I were terrified of you, um, I would've said so years ago!!!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yeah, that's me.

I think if I were terrified of you, um, I would've said so years ago!!!

You did thought I was a sweet and innocent girl ? Right? say yes and you get a cookie

Just got message from boy in my group(website) with a big apology...so not his thing...I'm surprised...apparently he noticed I was p***ed off at him for doing what he did

And ugh...waiting for some information from my friend before I can finish report*sigh* takes looooooong
              sigpic

Comment

You did thought I was a sweet and innocent girl ? Right? say yes and you get a cookie

Just got message from boy in my group(website) with a big apology...so not his thing...I'm surprised...apparently he noticed I was p***ed off at him for doing what he did

And ugh...waiting for some information from my friend before I can finish report*sigh* takes looooooong
                Uhhh, yes?

And too right he should apologise!
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Uhhh, yes?

And too right he should apologise!
                  *hands over cookie*

Good girl...or do you prefer my chocolate...or chocolate milk

Yes he should, but he should have told the teacher something too ...anyway...I don't want to keep whining about this subject. It's over. I passed. Now looking further to the future
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    I luvz my Woohoo Family! (((WOOHOOS!)))

Awesome group therapy today, everyone.
                    All the things she said. *nods*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hey Woohoos.

*squishy hugs Amanda* Nothing to add to the already excellent points other have made but I think you are a lovely person, just from what I see on here. You don't need a man or a boyfriend even to make you complete or happy, and just because other teenagers your age are doing all that doens't mean you have to. Learn to love who you are and others will see that and love you for it.

*squishy hugs Wendy* Oh my what a shock. I have seen people have convulsions before; it's pretty scary and does shake you up and, as Jumble says, you'd be heartless if you weren't affected by that.

LJ, yup, big old Woohoo group therapy right here.

Oh airbed. I have, er, two! What happened was, we bought one ages ago for guests and then "mislaid" it. Actually, I thought we'd leant it to someone and not got it back but that person said they gave it back and I went around for about a year thinking"hmm, you didn't but I won't let that sour our friendship". I then bought another one because we needed it for something and then, one day, having a clear out, found the original one. So I stopped being slightly miffed at my friend and learnt myself a lesson about putting things away properly after use.
                      Anyway I am not coming to the WoohooMeet *sob* but I can lend you an airbed and can easily get that to someone who is coming if needs be. And, heh, there'd really be no rush to return it, what with me having two of them.
                      sigpic

Comment

*hands over cookie*

Good girl...or do you prefer my chocolate...or chocolate milk

Yes he should, but he should have told the teacher something too ...anyway...I don't want to keep whining about this subject. It's over. I passed. Now looking further to the future
                        Mmmmm chocolate milk!!!!!!

Glad you passed
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Good grief, you Woohoos make me so happy to be a human! I swear I have never met a group of people so willing to help each other and share their lives *extra huge huggles*

If I might add my two cents (although, we don't have two cent coins here anymore...maybe I'll put in 5c instead )...

Amanda - When I first joined GW (er...2 and a half years ago) I was in a bit of a pickle. If I could be bothered searching (or knew how with this new system lol) I would find you some of the posts that I used to make in the shipper lounge. I hated myself and my body and I posted about it once, and had a wave of beautiful messages telling me that I couldn't be as ugly as I thought myself and stuff. And they were lovely messages, from truly caring people. But I never listened. I couldn't believe it. And then last year, I started looking after myself (granted, it didn't start for the best of reasons) but I decided I needed to do something about being a big fatty. So I took care of myself and lost some weight and a couple of dress sizes, and the funny thing is, it was only aftre I did that that I realized I was neevr fat before or ugly. I'm not saying I'm a babe (lol!!!) but I only realized that I was ok, after I made myself treat myself nicely.

And (as you all know because I share way too much of my RL ) when I started noticing that I was an ok human, other people did too. In the last year, I have formed really close friendships with people and been noticed as a woman for the first time. I mean, obviously my first lad wasn't ideal, but he taught me a lot and because of him, I feel like I can do this lady/man thing. But now I understand that it was only because of me and how I am beginning to feel about myself that he came along in the first place.

Does that make any sense?

Oh!!! And (to add to my little self bio...lol) I got a text from a guy I met last week asking me on a date So I really do have something to offer.

I think in a way, self worth is like faith. I can't say objectively that I am attractive or funny an sweet or worth anything. I could never say that for sure. But for the first time in my life, my mind is open to the possibility that I am. That everyone is.

You guys make me so happy sometimes (all of the time!!!)

Oh - and to jump on the baby talk...I want babies! Lots of them. I can't wait to be a mum (well, obviously I will wait, but you know what I mean )
                          sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm chocolate milk!!!!!!

Glad you passed
                            Iz goooooood!

Yup! I'm glad as well

*huggles Bekki* you are beautiful hon! Certainly after seeing pics of you! Beautiful!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Hey Bree Sorry to hear you've got the migraine hangover. The one I had last week lasted several days

I must admit, I did wonder why you were using webshots because when you post a texture it's not possible to copy it full size because of the sign-up thing

I've always found PB to work very well. If you have the free account the pop-ups can be a bit annoying, but apart from that it's great I'd definitely recommend it. As long as you don't make your album private, anyone can view and save your stuff. I tend to keep my Martin folder private, giving my password to people that I'm happy to have snurching, and things like sigs and textures are open to all.

Hope that helps

And thanks
                              *mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers*

Well you know what they say Sarai, what doesn't kill you makes you strong

Bree if you need any help with figuring it out, just yell
                              I signed up for webshots because I use it at work for newsletters. I had no idea until I started posting here that it blocked people from saving stuff. For newsletters it serves it purpose but for forums it stinks

Thanks Jumble. You will be the first person I ask for help *and that probably will happen soon *

Sucky day so far...exams sucked...and just got my mark back from the website. LOTS of critisism and she even called it "amateuristic" Plus my mark is the same as part of my group(the girls). The boys did get a bit of a lower mark but only 0.4 point ...plus it's IMHO a bad mark overall(really affecting my overall grade and I'm sure it's going down a LOT)
                              I did pass but barely...all that work and still same grade...
                              You're not annoying anyone! If you can't come to us when you're upset then there's something very wrong

I understand that you're feeling bad about it, but it's done now and you can't change it. Just take a deep breath and get on with the next thing, resolving to do better, cover your back and don't let others put your grades in jeopardy again

*extra squishy huggles*
                              Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Oh my gorgeous Woohoo friends, so many of you need hugs today I've got rid of my MQ because it was GINORMOUS so I will say this instead, to all of you:

I am always genuinely in awe at this amazing group of people here, at our strength, our wisdom, our capacity for love and our generosity to each other. Whenever anyone is down, or having a bad day, or stressed, no matter how big or small the problem, everyone just rallies round with the best and sanest advice and warmth and suddenly, even if it can't solve the problem, it lifts our spirits. You are all amazing and wonderful people and I cannot tell you enough how much I value you all as friends, and how impressive it is that we value and care for each other in the way that we do.

((((((((((Woohoos))))))))))
                              Jann: ^^ what they said. *huggles*

It wasn't rude of you at all, you've every right to say what you feel Maybe I shouldn't have jumped so hard, but like I said, bad night

Ok, I'm going stick my neck out and tell you why I think you don't appear to attract the boys...................

Spoiler:
                              There is nothing wrong with you. From everything I know about you from here and in pm's, I think you're very insecure and have no sense of self worth. In other words, you don't like yourself very much

So the signals you're giving off are very negative, probably saying 'Don't bother with me, I'm not worth your attention, I'm no good at anything, I'm useless'. Now if you were getting those signals from a guy, wood you think to yourself 'Wow! He's really something! I'd love to go out with him!', or wood you be thinking 'Well, if he thinks so little of himself, there's obviously no point in my getting to know him. He's not the least bit attractive' ? And it's very unfair of you to assume that no guy has ever liked you! They may even think that you're so wrapped up in disliking yourself that you woodn't have room for them anyway

You have to learn to love yourself before anyone else will think you worth their love and respect

I know this because I used to be very shy and insecure, and I can't tell you how many hours I spent in front of a mirror picking fault with everything I saw (and was in fact encouraged to do just that by my beloved mother ) But I gradually came to realise that what I saw in the mirror wasn't 'me', it was just my outer shell. And once I'd escaped from the influence that had caused me to think so little of myself, I gradually learned how to be happy with myself and was really surprised to find that I was suddenly very popular with the guys. I've never been 'pretty' or 'beautiful' in the generally accepted perception of those words, but I do have (apparently) an attractive personality. Inner happiness and confidence shines out and is a very attractive feature I'm also an outrageous a bit of a flirt, which is something I developed to cover up my shyness

Now I'm not suggesting that you've been ill-treated at home or anything, that's just how it happened to me. Lots of people feel as you do despite having a perfectly normal, loving family around them. It's a part of growing up, and some people get over it quicker than others. We're all different.

I'm also not suggesting you turn yourself into a vamp overnight, because that might just get you the wrong sort of attention

So basically, what I'm saying is that you're still very young, you're not fully developed, character and confidence wise, and you need to give yourself time. Concentrate on your good points (you do have them, no matter what you might think I woodn't like you if you didn't), and try to always look on the bright side (glass half full) of every situation, even if the only bright side is that it didn't rain today, that's still positive thinking

*huggles Amanda* Gosh, you really did catch me in a speak my mind mood today
                              *huggles amanda too*
                              *huggles Josi*
                              *huggles Sarai*
                              *huggles Cags*
                              *huggles Lj*
                              *huggles Bekki*
                              *huggles Nad*
                              *hugles all woohoos I forgot to huggle*

*huggles Jumble* and BTW in regards to
                              Spoiler:
                              I've never been 'pretty' or 'beautiful' in the generally accepted perception of those words
                              I believe someone begs to differ!
                              Last edited by wine_buyer; 21 January 2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Huggles
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X